• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Floody

Just seen the Dub news, real shame as I really like the dub, but understandable, can't imagine how much effort something like that requires. No way I can wait 2 weeks for new episodes though, will be moving over to subs.
Guess I have a reason to rewatch everything with JPN voices now atleast, and then will rewatch the dub when it's finished.

So I was first introduced to this series through the manga. Though the thing is I read a few chapters and pretty much dismissing it lol. That's until I said i would give the series a chance by watching the anime. Oh boy did my opinion change about this series. I ended up enjoying it a whole lot like damn.

I mean its by the books Shonen, but dame is it entertaining and fun. I blew through season 1 and already caught up with season 2. All the characters are too damn enjoyable to see and interact.

Zen Aku

DEYeTs1XsAAdtvU.jpg:large

2017-07-1017_51_48-131olbq.png
This is great

Zen Aku

I just got caught up to season 2. I honestly can't understand people who are saying season 1 is trash. Like it's probably the most exciting anime I've ever seen since One Punch Man. A lot of it has to do with the excellent soundtrack. "I'll Say Run" and "Hero A" are both phenomenal tracks.

I know a lot of people keep saying the manga is better. I've never read it. I'll do it once S2 is done. But I can't fanthom getting the same excitement watching Midoriya throwing that ball, or All Might vs Nomu or Deku vs Icy-Hot at the Spring Sport Festival. The animation is top notch, no surprise there considering BONES did FMA and that's my favorite series of all time.

Season 2 so far is blowing my expectations out of the water.

I just got caught up to season 2. I honestly can't understand people who are saying season 1 is trash. Like it's probably the most exciting anime I've ever seen since One Punch Man. A lot of it has to do with the excellent soundtrack. "I'll Say Run" and "Hero A" are both phenomenal tracks.

I know a lot of people keep saying the manga is better. I've never read it. I'll do it once S2 is done. But I can't fanthom getting the same excitement watching Midoriya throwing that ball, or All Might vs Nomu or Deku vs Icy-Hot at the Spring Sport Festival. The animation is top notch, no surprise there considering BONES did FMA and that's my favorite series of all time.

Season 2 so far is blowing my expectations out of the water.

I think people disliked the first season because of the slow pacing and flashbacks. I personally had no problem with it and really liked it and honestly, I think there wasn't much Bones could do without adding any fillers since they only had 13 episode and the ending of season 1 was the best place to end the season. They adapted the manga faithfully and doing the same with season 2 which does fix the pacing and is moving quite fast.

While I think the anime and manga are on par, the manga does add some extra details for example when compare Shigaraki entrance between the manga and anime, you can see some of the details missing in the anime.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm guessing its not saying anything new but does this anime feel like it has the pace of molasses dripping in December? It just feels like it takes a couple episodes to do something that should take one but maybe its just the quick pace of the manga doesn't translate well to anime.

HStallion

Funny enough I didn't have a problem that much with the pacing of season 1 like so many others but season 2 feels like its spinning its wheels at times. Animation is nice at least.

Jintor

it's a gud arc but yeah it's mostly character stuff and when you wanna get back to them villainsssssssssssss i can see it taking it's time

it'll be treated better if you watch it in a rush probs. i hate watching stuff week to week and trying to judge pacing.

HStallion

Bakugo really sucks in the anime. He's barely a character for 95% of his on screen time. It was like that in the manga but it just feels a lot worse in the anime. I can't stand him.

I'm also not a big fan of the new op but at least the visuals are good. Since Bakugou is my favorite I love the new ED strictly for the fact that they used the outfits from the second popularity poll (I love Bakugou's outfit its just an awesome design)

NSESN

The new ending is much better. The first one I always skipped, And the second was good but had weak visuals. And no ending had a hype music so far, but I don't think endings should have hype music.

Zen Aku

Midoriya vs Todoroki is so fucking lit. That ending is probably the hypest final blow I've ever seen since Gohan vs Perfect Cell, without 6 episodes of them powering up.

10/10 will get blown away again.

spiritfox

Alright this episode was pretty amazing. Finally we get to see Deku actually do some asskicking, plus Todoroki at full power again. The Nomus feel a lot more dangerous compared to the manga too, where they felt like a side thing (which well they are but).

Stain is kinda cool.

Grazzt

Amazing episode. I like Stain, he is cool and powerful, and not completely evil and crazy.
Speaking of OP/ED, I don't think any anime has surpassed FMA since 2009.

Alright this episode was pretty amazing. Finally we get to see Deku actually do some asskicking, plus Todoroki at full power again. The Nomus feel a lot more dangerous compared to the manga too, where they felt like a side thing (which well they are but).

Stain is kinda cool.

Stain is a super cool villain. HeroAca has some of the coolest looking villains, from Shiggy to Kurogiri and now Stain.

Great episode. Seeing Deku just move about the city with Full Cowling is super satisfying to watch, like Spider-Man in the Sam Raimi movies.

convo

Stain is a cool guy for really sticking to his moral code and having combat prowess that have nothing to do with his quirk, that all came from effort. Him looking up at the sword was a complete distraction tactic and he willingly told them his quirk when they got close to figuring it out. He is really testing them and praising their actions in contrast to Iida who got told he screwed up not trying to save the wounded person first.

Kassu

Banned
Yeah, Stain is pretty cool. His quirk is also super interesting, seems like something out of Jojo/HxH and I love it.

Kinda feel bad for him though, how can you not be a bad guy with a quirk like that lol

Cyanity

Banned
Binge watched this series over the course of three days to catch up. I'm absolutely floored by this show. This has to be the most excited I've been for an anime since HxH was still releasing weekly. I can't wait to get home and watch episode 29 💙

Quick question: do we know how many episodes there are going to be in season 2? S1 only had 13, but S2 has already gone 16 episodes with no sign of stopping, especially with that late season intro/outro changeup.

TheMasterThief

Neo Member
I have only one word to describe MHA this week: AHHHHHHHHHHH! In other words, it is sooooooooo good!!!! I was waiting for this fight to be animated, and it manages to far exceed my expectations!

Top Bottom