• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

PK Gaming

oRUy7Xl.png

Whoa, Mama! Ima go out and be the Symbol of Peace

LotusHD

Banned
To the people complaining about the lack of pro female representation, there is also Recovery Girl and
All Might's Predecessor.

You'll get a couple of more female heroes shown in the next arc.

Mt. Lady is both a fanservice joke and an observation about hero culture and our own media. She's a relatively new comer that has risen in popularity through sex appeal. The explanation that some heroes do their job for money and fame was framed right on her taking a job from wood guy. Medusa is focused on selling beauty products. It's everything Stain hates. Whether on purpose or not it's a sad reflection on our own society, the women that we see succeed did it through sex appeal.

They don't even do anything tho

Also I want that one hero to show up more now that she's been introduced, she looks hella cool, y'all know the one

If I was a student I'd like to Smash

tumblr_oohu4yxxkk1tk0w0vo1_500.gif

I thought there was an implication that her powers would get in the way of having sex.

I'm calling the cops on her

dickroach

so Birdface's shadow is its own sentient thing? I thought it was just a thing he controlled. weird.
confirmation that Froppy is the GOAT.
and some character building from the chesty girl who never gets screen time.

decent episode I guess. next episode looks bleh. can't wait for the Deku/Bakugo vs All Might fight

Jintor

This animation is so slick

man i really like momo, and they made her confusion and self doubt a lot more apparent, but it also really makes it so much more apparent how garbage her costume is. Breathes from her skin aside.

SoulUnison

Banned
I was hoping the anime would expand it satisfyingly, but I feel the same way about Tokoyami and Asui's test as I did in the manga.
There really wasn't anything clever about what they did at all, Ectoplasm should be embarrassed for "falling" for it, and the only reason they "passed" is because of a loose interpretation of the rules.

Also, Aizawa's "emotionally she's still just a child of 15" paired with some of the framing and just Momo's outfit in general felt really, really bad this episode.

caliph95

This animation is so slick

man i really like momo, and they made her confusion and self doubt a lot more apparent, but it also really makes it so much more apparent how garbage her costume is. Breathes from her skin aside.
Since she can materialize from anywhere I feel like a sports bra is more practical but whatever she breathes through her skin

Also, Aizawa's "emotionally she's still just a child of 15" paired with some of the framing and just Momo's outfit in general felt really, really bad this episode.

Combined with some of the still shots like Todoroki is talking but 3/4 of the screen is momo's giant bust.
Way to make me feel grimy episode.

jett

D-Member
I was hoping the anime would expand it satisfyingly, but I feel the same way about Tokoyami and Asui's test as I did in the manga.
There really wasn't anything clever about what they did at all, Ectoplasm should be embarrassed for "falling" for it, and the only reason they "passed" is because of a loose interpretation of the rules.

I haven't read the manga, but I really don't care about this arc, mostly because I don't care about many these side characters. It's not interesting on any level.

NSESN

I didn't get this vibe at all. In the ectoplasm fight what was clever was that his big clone made it impossible for them to move, so it would be impossible for them to reach the cuffs if they just stored it in their belts or pockets. He was also occupied by Dark Shadow and the students were far enough that he couldn't see what was happening.
I don't understand what made you feel bad the second part but when Aizawa said that I understood he was talking in relation of she being the most serious person in the class.

I haven't read the manga, but I really don't care about this arc, mostly because I don't care about many these side characters. It's not interesting on any level.

Ehh.. I disagree completely, the name of the series is My Hero Academia and they don't show the other students enough. It is one of the few arcs that we can see someone besides Deku,Todoroki, Bakugou and Iida do something cool.

I used to like the Tokoyami and Asui test because of the cleverness of the swallowing the handcuffs trick, but rereading this arc as S2 approached the tests made the weaknesses stand out more (I haven't watched the episode yet to see how much they've changed/added to it).

-In the manga panels, Ectoplasm seems to just focus on Tokoyami at first while Tsuyu saves him

-We once again get a repeat of the sports festival with someone saying "wow I thought Tokoyami was invincible for... some reason" only for it to be explained that in addition to something as rare as "light," Tokoyami also has the slight weakness of being susceptible to someone hitting him if they get close (I feel like Horikoshi got scared of Dark Shadow potentially being OP and overcompensated with the drawbacks)

-I guess Tokoyami grabbing that headband at the festival was a fluke because his strategic awareness in this fight amounts to "run around and hit clones with Dark Shadow a lot." Remember when All Might told him to develop his other skills?

-They mention Tsuyu as being Tokoyami's support here, when she's actually the one who makes every important decision while Tokoyami just unwittingly draws aggro.

-Acting like it would be a satisfactory pass of the test if Dark Shadow crossed the line. Like... technically, but the point of the line was to simulate escaping to call for help, and Dark Shadow has a limited range.

-"Tsuyu swallowed the handcuffs" was and still is a neat idea because for once she showcases one of her many non-tongue powers, but actually getting them to Dark Shadow without Ectoplasm noticing at any point was super confusing in the manga. Like, "Dark Shadow uses his strength to distract Ectoplasm while Tsuyu launches it from her stomach using her tongue" would have actually worked better since he was explicitly occupied by Dark Shadow the whole time. It's also kind of funny that Tokoyami apparently had no idea she swallowed them up until she spat them up; he wasn't even paying attention to where the handcuffs went and Tsuyu just never bothered to mention this part of the plan to him before now, which, I hope they changed that part because the anime even gave them additional time to specifically plan.

IDK, by the standards of the other tests they did alright, but rereading it the running commetary about how strong Tokoyami is and how Tsuyu just needs to back him up and how cleverly they worked together feels super hollow.

Am I the only one who actually wasn't paying attention to Momo's outfit much? Aizawa's line didn't come off as anything but caring.

NSESN

Am I the only one who actually wasn't paying attention to Momo's outfit much? Aizawa's line didn't come off as anything but caring.

No, I agree with you.

I agree that it feels weird. My problem with Tokoyami is that of all powerfull character he is the only one that needs the "he is invicible, oh actually not he has a clear weakness". Bakugou, Todoroki and even Deku doesn't suffer the same problem. The closest is Kaminari, but I think his weakness isn't that problematic if he just became a melee character that thunder punches people.

Jintor

oh aizara had no issues there, it's not like he said 'even though she's got the body of an adult' which would have been suuuuuuuper skeezy

it's the direction of combining it with the visuals at that moment. plus it's a lot of momo running and they cannot resist boob physics. japan loves that baywatch bounce

caliph95

oh aizara had no issues there, it's not like he said 'even though she's got the body of an adult' which would have been suuuuuuuper skeezy

it's the direction of combining it with the visuals at that moment. plus it's a lot of momo running and they cannot resist boob physics. japan loves that baywatch bounce
Especially when she threw the flashbangs
Anime love their noob physics

Nope, I also agree with you.

To be honest I'm enjoying this arc is because at least for now its giving some bit screen time to the other characters and also how they would interact with their classmates instead of being just more of Deku all the time. Also damn cliffhanger of an ending, Aoyama!!!!

NSESN

Iida and Ojiro's teamwork was pretty good, and made a lot of sense.

Can't say the same for the other 2 teams tho.
I can understand the criticism for Tokoyami's fight, but what didn't make sense about Momo's fight? Aizawa was testing Todoroki abilty of relying on others intead of spamming his quirk and Momo's ability to make decisions under pressure.

MKIL65

I can understand the criticism for Tokoyami's fight, but what didn't make sense about Momo's fight? Aizawa was testing Todoroki abilty of relying on others intead of spamming his quirk and Momo's ability to make decisions under pressure.

Aizawa just seemed to let Momo run in the opposite direction. She managed to get to Todoroki faster than him, and even freed him before he arrived.

He should have more experience in catching up with a girl in a skimpy suit.

NSESN

Aizawa just seemed to let Momo run in the opposite direction. She managed to get to Todoroki faster than him, and even freed him before he arrived.

You are right about that.

caliph95

He was going easy on them

Recovery girl also noted it's weird why he didn't move after the Ice Wall and the catapult thing was heavily implied he was lying and let himself got caught for their benefit

Top Bottom