• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

No but for real when cementos put up the walls and the two students were shouting ORA ORA as they punched through, followed by cementos saying MUDA MUDA.

Had to be a jojo ref

BlizzKrut

Banned
Just got done with the
Sports Festival Arc
, that was a wild ride.

Here's the end bracket I snatched from someone on the anime's subreddit:

jCAjcsO.png

Opinion:

Really liked this arc, showed a ton of personality for the rest of the cast, and we got to see some students of Class B, I would have loved to see more of Hatsume, she was a great character. Kirishima and the girl who can create objects are two others I'd love to see more of in the future too.

The animation on Deku vs Todoroki was amazing, those last 10/15 seconds are brilliant, I also loved Bakugo's fight against Todoroki, I think overall it was the one that was closest to the epicness of All Might vs Tomu, I still want to see how much crazier this series gets, I'll catch up this week to where the anime is now so I can't wait.

I suppose it'd make sense to end the season with the climatic fight with Deku & Bakugou Vs. All Might, it's a bit more dramatic that way.

Also, it occurred to me that one of the cool things about this series is that it's basically a scenario of a positive end conclusion of the X-Men. 'Mutants' are initially feared and considered non-human, but eventually they're accepted into society and considered normal people, and those who use their powers for good are held in high esteem. Sure, things aren't perfect, but for all intents and purposes, it's Charles Xavier's dream having become reality, and that's awesome.

I would have loved to see more of Hatsume, she was a great character.

Minor support character spoils:
This character makes reoccurring appearances throughout the series. She showed up in the most recent subbed episode! No matter how minor or brief her screentime is, I'm always thrilled with her. Hatsume can always be counted on to make me laugh. I'm not caught up on the Manga but she's basically Class A's unofficial official Q. This is just perfection.

Sou Da

I suppose it'd make sense to end the season with the climatic fight with Deku & Bakugou Vs. All Might, it's a bit more dramatic that way.

Also, it occurred to me that one of the cool things about this series is that it's basically a scenario of a positive end conclusion of the X-Men. 'Mutants' are initially feared and considered non-human, but eventually they're accepted into society and considered normal people, and those who use their powers for good are held in high esteem. Sure, things aren't perfect, but for all intents and purposes, it's Charles Xavier's dream having become reality, and that's awesome.

Ehhhhhhh, it's only really that way because 'Mutants' heavily outnumber non-mutants. More of a positive Earth X situation.

NSESN

I was thinking. Are they going to change the opening now that is revealed the teams? Becase it is really strange to see Momo, Ojiro and Bakugo alone while every other student is with their partner.

Ehhhhhhh, it's only really that way because 'Mutants' heavily outnumber non-mutants. More of a positive Earth X situation.

Maybe, but 'mutants' outnumbering 'normal humans' was always going to be the end result due to genetic spreading, it just happens that quirks spread much faster by appearing in a lot more people a lot more quickly. It's outright stated by the police chief that the status quo was established through early heroes establishing a voluntary moral code before proper quirk registration and hero licensing was established, so I don't doubt there were unregistered groups like the X-Men or Avengers at first setting that example.

Also, well, the Illegals series proves that even the quirkless aren't necessarily useless compared to heroes with quirks, and people like Izuku pre-One For All aren't really marginalised, so the balance isn't entirely skewed. As I said, this status quo is hardly perfect, but it also seems like a positive example of how the X-Men could end.

I was thinking. Are they going to change the opening now that is revealed the teams? Becase it is really strange to see Momo, Ojiro and Bakugo alone while every other student is with their partner.

To be fair, Bakugo transitions right into Deku anyway, so that'd be somewhat redundant. Momo and Ojiro, not sure what they'd do with those bits.

NSESN

Some songs from the ost are leaking.

The vocal version of "My Hero Academia" is called "Just Another Hero". The new version of "You Say Run" is called "Jet Set Run".

NSESN

I think it officially released. And people are putting it all up.

Edit: That might be what you mean by leak so nvm haha

Yep.
-
While there isn't a song as strong as You Say Run I think the seconds OST is better than the first so far.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Anyone knows the rap-like song that played in Deku vs Todoroki's match? It appeared in another episode too.

By the way, finished the anime, reading the manga now and I can't wait to see Season 3 now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
To the people complaining about the lack of pro female representation, there is also Recovery Girl and
All Might's Predecessor.

You'll get a couple of more female heroes shown in the next arc.

Mt. Lady is both a fanservice joke and an observation about hero culture and our own media. She's a relatively new comer that has risen in popularity through sex appeal. The explanation that some heroes do their job for money and fame was framed right on her taking a job from wood guy. Medusa is focused on selling beauty products. It's everything Stain hates. Whether on purpose or not it's a sad reflection on our own society, the women that we see succeed did it through sex appeal.

NSESN

To the people complaining about the lack of pro female representation, there is also Recovery Girl and All Might's Predecessor.

You'll get a couple of more female heroes shown in the next arc.

Mt. Lady is both a fanservice joke and an observation about hero culture and our own media. She's a relatively new comer that has risen in popularity through sex appeal. The explanation that some heroes do their job for money and fame was framed right on her taking a job from wood guy. Medusa is focused on selling beauty products. It's everything Stain hates. Whether on purpose or not it's a sad reflection on our own society, the women that we see succeed did it through sex appeal.
While I think Mt. Lady is nice, there is no way to defend Midnight.

Jintor

i just wish midnight didn't have that goddamn shota joke laid on her. She appears to take every other aspect of the job relatively seriously.

Trojita

If I was a student I'd like to Smash

tumblr_oohu4yxxkk1tk0w0vo1_500.gif

I thought there was an implication that her powers would get in the way of having sex.

caliph95

The wording was confusing but the way I interpret it is something to do with her feeling that kids becomes villains due to the being frustrated and she us hoping to fix that as a teacher. Though I remember her saying "release" in order to that and I'm going to ignore vigilante

MrCinos

Just like Hisoka is getting off on little kids (or anyone else) with battle potential, so is Midnight with anyone displaying youthful spirit. Call me part of a problem, but I love Midnight and her (shameless) design. I dislike overuse of ecchi/fanservice (couldn't roll my eyes harder in Fairy Tail) in battle shounens, but I find BnHA to be one of the best striking the balance.

Trojita

Her outfit was actually tamed for the anime. In the manga her outfit is flesh colored, meaning that it would look like she was naked at first glance.

Jintor

I like midnight a lot, but as has been said, the problem is when you look at all the adult heroes and you're like 'oh all the ladies except for recovery girl are... well there's like two of them and they're both sexpot heroes'

Yeah but what if All Might runs out of juice during and you're left with gangly skeletal form?

...why am I thinking about this? Let's get back to the new OST guys!

Top Bottom