• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Was that KiriBaku study diner moment in the manga?!

GZRmH37.jpg

Is this what your talking about right? All they really changed was the location from a library to a dinner and in all honesty I really like that change.

Either way I'm really happy that they animated Bakugou and Kirishima's study date <3 I love both of their characters.

That was a great addition lol, also the other study moments for everhyone too.

-

Great episode, chuckled at mineta at the start too.

Though Kaminari got tons of screentime, loved the episode for that too. Probably Bakugou's random angry moment in the middle of the episode was simply uncalled for and unreasonable, kind of laughed that Todorooki didnt do much in that regard.

And Monoma, more please.

The Robots moment finally happened, I was so waiting for it.
DIudAbmUIAA_iDB.jpg:small

DIudAeeVwAAgNGs.jpg:small

ShadyK54

This show is starting to feel slow as molasses.

GeYzD.gif

I mean, we are gearing up for the next arc. Though if you're waiting for that, you aren't going to get it until the next season probably, based on how they're separating the 2 v 1 matches.

-

Feels good to have a new episode to watch. Was pretty sad it went on break last week lol.

The matchups should be fun & I can't wait to see how they'll flesh them out compared to the manga.

Loved All Might's entrance & Momo getting super excited to tutor and everything was cute
& reinforced her as da bes girl

Tace

I thought something seemed different, they did make it one after another instead of all at the sane time. I gotta admit, I do wish Bakugo cursed like in some of the early fanlations I read. It always seemed in character to me. It helps sell the anger I feel, why also pointing out he's still a total kid.

And yeah, things are a little slower. But we just had two incredibly fast paced arcs. I mean, it could be worse. Could be early Shippuuden Naruto. That shit is slow

OK I actually watched the episode and this is a better way of doing it than the manga in my opinion. I'm really liking that Uravity is there with Deku.

Makes me excited if Deku will be there for her battle and the things being said will go over the TV LOL.
When Aoyama trolls Uraraka about liking Deku so that it forces 13 to turn off her Quirk.

Damn that week off sucks even more now, also gotta wait to the very end....probably gonna be the final damn episode of the season for match 10..

Laiza

That intro segment felt so unnecessary and misogynistic I had to pause it to gather my bearings.

Having your fanservice characters defend their fashion choices in-universe strikes me as remarkably tone-deaf, especially when the adult female cast is so lopsided in representation in the first place. On top of that they ended it with what I could charitably refer to as a "cat fight" and Mineta commenting on that, so, y'know, fuck that noise.

Thankfully the rest of the episode was much, much better, and I'm very much looking forward to how the rest of the students get their collective asses handed to them. :>

NSESN

That intro segment felt so unnecessary and misogynistic I had to pause it to gather my bearings.

Having your fanservice characters defend their fashion choices in-universe strikes me as remarkably tone-deaf, especially when the adult female cast is so lopsided in representation in the first place. On top of that they ended it with what I could charitably refer to as a "cat fight" and Mineta commenting on that, so, y'know, fuck that noise.

Thankfully the rest of the episode was much, much better, and I'm very much looking forward to how the rest of the students get their collective asses handed to them. :>
I can accept Mt.Lady and Mineta as characters. But Midnight always makes me uncomfortable.

Really? I felt that they did a good job explaining why heroes have a dress code because they are role models to society and poking fun at Midnight for being 18+ and causing the rule change in the first place. Mineta is always gonna be the shitty pervert minor character that serves as comedic relief.

Also I'm really not seeing the fanservice. Did it go over my head? Where is the cleavage puffing and panty shots?

The cat fight wasn't even shown in the episode, just some words and Mineta reacting to it.

I never realized but Deku's voice is so weird when you compare him to his timid way of speaking but then his hero moments come and it makes perfect sense.

All of September is gonna be the trial battles before their summer break so I wonder if it will finish in October or not.

Laiza

^this.

The conversation they were having made sense in context. The problem is that they're the most prominent adult female heroes we know of and they're both super-problematic in various ways - ways that the male characters don't seem to share. Also "catfighting" is such a stupid and obnoxious trope that it pains me to see yet another example of it in a mainstream series. Cutting off-screen doesn't really make it any better for me.

In a way, it is funny that the female students are more dignified than the adults... but that really shouldn't have been the case to begin with. They're our role models - Midnight is a part of UA teaching staff for crying out loud! If she were more of a background character I'd have fewer objections, but she takes up a considerable amount of screen time and there's just no escaping that.

And like, yeah, of course it's the female characters who get roped into a discussion on sexiness, because, like, duh! It's just so blatant and so obvious where the author was coming from here that I just can't help but shake my head at it all. It feels incredibly disingenuous whenever this stuff is addressed in-universe, when the character was blatantly designed by a heterosexual guy and her dialogue is blatantly written by the same heterosexual guy... I mean, I can tell. I can tell.

There's a reason "she breathes through her skin" is widely mocked. In-universe justifications don't really make these things any better when the intent is as transparent as it is here. It's just... something I could use a lot less of. Feels like I'll probably die before I stop seeing this junk, though. Sigh.

MrCinos

Compared to most of other shounens that have fan-service MHA is really tame and have little focus on it. And most of the times when it does it is to my liking personally. Although Mineta's hijinks do feel somewhat more annoying in anime than in manga for some reason.

Overall, I'm glad that Bones still includes bonus material that was written outside of regular chapters (omakes, even light novels with Kirishima and Bakugo's studying session) and isn't afraid of some QoL changes like rearranging the structure of this exam.

NEO0MJ

So big guy's ability is powering up through sugar for three minutes but then he has to suffer a crash? Seems pretty weak and meh IMO.

Also yay, we finally get to see what the principal can do :3

Compared to most of other shounens that have fan-service MHA is really tame and have little focus on it. And most of the times when it does it is to my liking personally. Although Mineta's hijinks do feel somewhat more annoying in anime than in manga for some reason.

If I had to guess it helps that you can skim through it in the manga unile the anime where they take their time showing how excited he gets.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Also, does Kirishima in the future have more rock/hard related powers? Or is it just him getting his hands hard? Cause I think the quirk has lots of potential but it seems they're limiting it a lot, and I love his character design.

caliph95

Also, does Kirishima in the future have more rock/hard related powers? Or is it just him getting his hands hard? Cause I think the quirk has lots of potential but it seems they're limiting it a lot, and I love his character design.
His powers are hardening his body, we seen harden more than his arms and his body

Tace

Careful with certain questions, spoilers are very dangerous around here. But to not answer your question, it's a shonen with a strong focus on class 1-A. Make of that statement what you will.

i never thought 13's voice sounded feminine, considering it's always through that suit filter

the va is a woman though, and apparently 13's gender isn't stated anywhere

OH MY GOD JUST WATCH S2 ALREADY, BOI.

caliph95

Oh ok
I don't know why I assume that I swear they called them a he at one point or used male pronoun but that could just be a translation thing

NSESN

I don't have a prolem with Mt.Lady because using tights seems like the standard in the series and I sort of like her personality. And how many heroes aren't image obsessed? Even AM likes to appear in the TV. Image is everything in the hero society in MHA and one of the reasons Stain even exists.

Midnight is portrayed way worse than any female tho. Not only she has the worst costume design, she also is borderline pedophile. The fact that she is a teacher only things worse.

So big guy's ability is powering up through sugar for three minutes but then he has to suffer a crash? Seems pretty weak and meh IMO.

He can power up for more 3 minutes if he eats more sugar, but then his brain gets slower each time he easts sugar, techinically there isn't a limit for how much time he can stay powered up.

BlizzKrut

Banned
A bit out there but I'm surprised this show doesn't have a secondary PoC, even Naruto has some, doesn't detriment the show to me but I'd love to see one.

NEO0MJ

He can power up for more 3 minutes if he eats more sugar, but then his brain gets slower each time he easts sugar, techinically there isn't a limit for how much time he can stay powered up.

Okay. The way I understood it is the more sugar he eats to trigger his power the more dumb he becomes.

A bit out there but I'm surprised this show doesn't have a secondary PoC, even Naruto has some, doesn't detriment the show to me but I'd love to see one.

What are you talking about? Ashido is right there!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
MHA is also very blatantly in Japan, where Naruto was in a fantasy land.

Though MHA does make up quite a few districts. There's no Hosu.
EDIT: Wait there is?! But I thought that was just a Star Wars reference!
EDIT: Okay I see the problem. The real Hosu is in Ishikawa, the one in MHA is in Tokyo. So it's made up... kind of.

Top Bottom