• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
Deku taking down Bakugou with a single 5% punch would be dumb, since if it was that good, there wouldn't be that many villains the class could match up with.

You guys cant complain about Bakugou tanking 5-8% hits when deku was tanking mass muscle guys hits in the forest and still being able to react with mushed limbs. Stain was also taking those to the face no problem. i feel like you guys are overestimating 8% ofa and underestimating Bakugou

Also fujoshi at it again with these polls.

Colour page was great need avatar

Meffer

Yeah it's fine Bakugou won. I ain't even mad. He's still the better fighter even if Deku is growing fast. And again so glad it didn't end in a tie. I hate that crap.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
If 5-8% ended it, that puts an absurd low cap on Baku and turns the series into DBZ, where no one can ever match the Saiyans and might as well not even exist. There is an ENORMOUS amount for Deku to still grow, we can't have a punch of that level defeat the main rival.

If 5-8% ended it, that puts an absurd low cap on Baku and turns the series into DBZ, where no one can ever match the Saiyans and might as well not even exist. There is an ENORMOUS amount for Deku to still grow, we can't have a punch of that level defeat the main rival.

This is true.

MCD

Shit didn't even scratch him. Deku got robbed thanks to bullies.

Just look at Deku's face. You can tell he will always maintain this "I am lower than a bug compared to Bakuass".

OK. I am exaggerating lol but it's obvious I just didn't like the outcome.

cntr

Banned
Reread the last pages and look at Bakugou's eye, it's half shut because his cheek got swollen up by that punch.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Came in here seeing people being upset and I was like "yeah me too!"

*Sees people are upset Deku lost/3% extra apparently ain't shit*

Oh god damn it, am I the only person that doesn't want these kids to become friends? Really?

Doesn't actually bother me, I really liked how it was done even if I think it's a bit hoky.

Puruzi

Banned
Came in here seeing people being upset and I was like "yeah me too!"

*Sees people are upset Deku lost/3% extra apparently ain't shit*

Oh god damn it, am I the only person that doesn't want these kids to become friends? Really?

Doesn't actually bother me, I really liked how it was done even if I think it's a bit hoky.

I don't want them to be friends, I just want Deku to win against him

lol I didn't realize so many people wanted bakugou to lose

I guess I can understand it to a certain level, but I think it's also missing the point. These past chapters have been hammering home how misguided heroes have been in trying to "surpass" All-Might. It's why the last arc ended the way it did with the three strongest heroes (Todoroki, Bakugou, and Inasa) all failing the exam.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Do you not like friends?! :(

Not with my childhood bullies, no. Fun story; One of them actually came by my house and wanted to apologize. He brought his kid and was trying to teach them a lesson about bullying, but also wanted to acknowledge that they were a bully too. So he came to my doorstep and apologized and explained how he was a different person now and how people grow up to his kid.

I then laughed in his face, told him "No," and shut the door. I like to think I taught that kid a valuable lesson about being a shit that day.

Fucking robbed in those popularity polls I tell you. Robbed! How can anyone not fall for the cutest smile!

I don't want them to be friends, I just want Deku to win against him

*Highfive* Hopefully this doesn't end in Christmas cards to each other or anything.

cntr

Banned
Bakugou's a jerk growing his heart of gold, he's not gonna be friends with Deku. That's a different thing from Deku being mature and trying not to hold grudges.

cntr

Banned
You know with how his arc is going, Todoroki's going to be Deku's best friend, isn't he?

so I guess the rivals-to-friends thing already happened and we didn't notice

cntr

Banned
That's what I thought too, but looking back, the Iida/Ochako/Deku trio set up in the early arcs...didn't really happen. Deku's friends with Iida, but he's just one out of many. And with how it's going with Endeavor, Todoroki's gonna be closest to Deku, not Iida.

e: Yeah, Ochako's closer, but that's romance, not best friends.

cntr

Banned
MHA's weird 'cause if there's any author who'd be okay with gay characters, it's Horikoshi. But would Jump let him get away with it?

That's what I thought too, but looking back, the Iida/Ochako/Deku trio set up in the early arcs...didn't really happen. Deku's friends with Iida, but he's just one out of many. And with how it's going with Endeavor, Todoroki's gonna be closest to Deku, not Iida.

e: Yeah, Ochako's closer, but that's romance, not best friends.

It can be both!

Meffer

I think a lot things are not shown but implied since the story jumps lengths of time. Deku/Iida/Ochako are certainly a friendship trio we see them together often in quiet moments, same with Ochako's and Tsuyu's friendship since they're often seen together. This goes for the rest of the class. We see them grouped together often. Hiro just highlights important moments while stealthy showing the tiny details.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, there's a lot of background stuff. Like Hagakure/Ojiro's almost a canon pairing, but it's only there if you notice it

e: Deku/Ochako/Iida's a friendship trio, but they're not a protagonist story trio.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You know with how his arc is going, Todoroki's going to be Deku's best friend, isn't he?

so I guess the rivals-to-friends thing already happened and we didn't notice

lol you are more than a year late. Horikoshi made Todoroki the shounen rival that becomes a best bro instead of Bakugou.

Top Bottom