• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Kaminari charging people's phones is real.

Red Riot looks pretty scary unbreakable transformed.

DTL is going to cream himself over them talking in the dorm.

Trojita

Gotta appreciate Kirishima being a cool dude and trying to talk with the guy, even if it didn't work out.

I can't believe that's canon

Kirishima learned the hard way that you have to restrain the criminal.

cntr

Banned
The drugs enhance quirks or give users quirks?
He was complaining about not being able to make large blades, so yeah it's quirk enhancement.

If what Kirishima and the rest of the class were doing with their quirks is athletic training, this guy's taking steroids.

Bowl0l

If it only enhances, at best All Might can buff up himself longer but without superhuman strength/speed..
Ok, no more All Might fight scenes.

Trojita

This is the common trope of enhancement super drugs at the cost of instability with their powers going forward, becoming unstable in general, their powers going out of control, or their body becoming weak.

I wonder if the leach bullets or enhancement drugs are coming from Eri.

cntr

Banned
If it only enhances, at best All Might can buff up himself longer but without superhuman strength/speed..
Ok, no more All Might fight scenes.
The strength aspect of One for All comes from a quirk that allowed you to store strength and power for later, right? So I'd guess that All Might became quirkless when he gave One for All to Izuku, and all his strength came from whatever stored strength got left behind.

Methinks that if All Might gets another fight, it'll be one of those "outsmart your opponent" fights.

I really REALLY like this focus on Kirishima. I think this manga is at it's best when it picks a side character who you didn't even think would be important and makes them take center stage.

I know that shonen is all about the hero standing out and whatnot but when you have a diverse and fantastic supporting cast and you actually give them time?

It can be amazing

Philippo

Duuuuude, Kirishima got the biggest bump in badassery level!

So the drug is the one from Illegals right?

Also lol@Kaminari actually charging everybody's phones.

Bowl0l

The strength aspect of One for All comes from a quirk that allowed you to store strength and power for later, right? So I'd guess that All Might became quirkless when he gave One for All to Izuku, and all his strength came from whatever stored strength got left behind.

Methinks that if All Might gets another fight, it'll be one of those "outsmart your opponent" fights.
Either that or All Might just Buff Up + Intimating Glare
Enough to crush anyone's fighting spirit.

Trojita

I imagine One for All like a reverse Sebastian Shaw. Each "cultivator" stores energy each day of their life with the quirk. The quirk wouldn't have been all that powerful at the beginning.

Deku's full potential is going to be fucking broken since he gets All Might's cultivated One for All with his own cultivating of it since freshman year of high school.

Kirishima im so proud!
Hes so cool

Feel like changing my avatar.

Glad Hori approved of everyones headcanon of Kaminari charging phones

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f64782d5f78624e43543473704e413d3d2d3239323531353530382e313436373037356237376363353131333838393933333634373730382e6a7067

cntr

Banned
I imagine One for All like a reverse Sebastian Shaw. Each "cultivator" stores energy each day of their life with the quirk. The quirk wouldn't have been all that powerful at the beginning.

Deku's full potential is going to be fucking broken since he gets All Might's cultivated One for All with his own cultivating of it since freshman year of high school.
I'm surprised there aren't there isn't any art of Saitama as the far future inheritor of One for All, heh.

I get the impression that almost any quirk can get crazy powerful if trained sufficiently, not just One for All. The series endgame is gonna be Wonderful 101 insane.

Veelk

Banned
Well, I already liked Kirishima, but this little episode just gave him a big boost anyway. I love how nice a dude he is, while also having a kick ass ability.

And I fucking NEED to see that final page in tankobon detail.

Trojita

I'm surprised there aren't there isn't any art of Saitama as the far future inheritor of One for All, heh.

I get the impression that almost any quirk can get crazy powerful if trained sufficiently, not just One for All. The series endgame is gonna be Wonderful 101 insane.

Saitama got there through hard work like push ups!

If Deku also had his Mom's quirk he could pull people into himself to punch them in the face.

Get over here!

cntr

Banned
yeah if Deku's mom trained her quirk, she could've increased the strength and power to be able to pull anything towards her, maybe even to the point of pulling things to pieces.

quirks are cool.

Fuck yeah, Kirishima!

Agreed that The Unbreakable Red Riot would be a BALLER ASS series title. Dude should straight up incorporate it into his Hero Name, or his branding, or whatever. It's so good.

Also, Bakugou actually handing out tips? Is this going to be a regular thing? I like it. Dude could be a real asset to the rest of the class, he's got good instincts.

Veelk

Banned
Also, that guy is kinda downplaying his own ability. I'm assuming he can stick blades out of any part of his body instead of just the side of his arm. If that's the case, he'd actually be a pretty kick ass close range fighter. Imagine him with Wolverine claws except shorter. Not against someone like Kirishima, who hard counters him, but in general, he'd tear people up the moment he got close to them.

TheChits

Fuck yeah, Kirishima!

Agreed that The Unbreakable Red Riot would be a BALLER ASS series title. Dude should straight up incorporate it into his Hero Name, or his branding, or whatever. It's so good.

Also, Bakugou actually handing out tips? Is this going to be a regular thing? I like it. Dude could be a real asset to the rest of the class, he's got good instincts.

Just read the chapter and was coming here to post exactly this lol

SalvaPot

Guessing Horikoshi had the idea since before Illegals, but allowed it to be used 'cause why not.

Yeah, I want to think that Horikoshi and his editor already came up with it, and when the opportunity for a spin-off came up they let the new author develop it on the background. Its really cool, similar to the feeling of reading a comic and getting more out of the story because you get to see different perspectives on it.

Philippo

The more i re-read the chapter, the more Kirishima gets bro points, not for being badass but for actually trying to talk and motivate the villain lol

Ascheroth

I hope we get more chapters like this for other characters as well.
Kirishima just shot way up the badass ladder.

There are still a number of characters that haven't really gotten their time to shine yet.

Trojita

I think this is super cute.
Also

2nd episode tomorrow.
We 100% now its gonna adapt the next 2chapters but i wonder if itll bleed abit more into a 3rd chapter. The next 2 chapters are abit heavy on exposition i think

Shouldn't Todoroki not have a burn in this picture? Wasn't it implied his mom went to the hospital after burning him?

Trojita

Smash Uraraka is a terrible person.

I don't get the translation on the first comic strip where she mentions him not being the tallest.

cntr

Banned
reminder that mha smash has like, 50-ish chapters in Japan and counting
I don't get the translation on the first comic strip where she mentions him not being the tallest.
probably supposed to mean something like "he's a weak-willed guy" but got translated literally

Top Bottom