• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with Suited for Success because people in the last OT were recommending it as the one to try. I very nearly didn't watch any more because of it. It's a good episode but terrible for convincing someone that this is a good show.

NEO0MJ

McNum said:
Did Suited for Success dethrone Dragonshy or not? It got a lot of 5 votes.

Episode with the better Pony wins. I guess people watched the episodes enough times and have a better understanding of the character to judge what episode is best on their own.

McNum

OMG Aero said:
Rating time!
For Fall Weather Friends: 1 person voted 5, 18 people voted 4, 6 people voted 3, no-one voted 2 and 1 person voted 1, giving it an average of 3.69
For Suited For Success: 20 people voted 5, 5 people voted 4, 1 person voted 3 and no-one voted 2 or 1, giving it an average of 4.73
Which means we finally have a new best episode!
And a well deserved episode that is. I wonder if there are any that can challenge it? "Sonic Rainboom" is good, so are "A Dog and Pony Show" and "Best Night Ever". Still, "Suited for Success" is both good and has a great song, so it'll be hard to beat.
OMG Aero said:
The best part was when we had a group of men voting on which pony had the prettiest dress.
I didn't even think about that, I just voted. That's pretty amusing
OMG Aero said:
Yeah no doubt. Every time I put an abridged video on everyone turns against it, even though I put them on because I see positive posts about them in the thread. No more abridged videos from now on.
Sounds like a plan. I do find it interesting that the show can generate abridged series that are that different and that we're so divided on which one does it better. I guess it could be used to see what parts of the show we prefer as all the abridged series do emphasize and exaggerate certain parts.

Also, going to reinstall TF2. Not that I play it much, if at all, but it's a quick download. Quick-ish. Rather large, really, but not too bad.

DeadPhoenix said:
Pfft... I hang out in a synchtube channel that is much 'worse' then that, almost every day.

Do tell!

McNum said:
Did Suited for Success dethrone Dragonshy or not? It got a lot of 5 votes.

Indeed it did. I liked the ep better too so I'm glad. I thought Winter Wrap Up was a better ep too.

OMG Aero said:
And for some bonus results:
18 people said that Rainbow Dash was the bigger jerk as opposed to 10 for Applejack in Fall Weather Friends and people generally agreed that Twilight's own dress was the worst and that Rarity's Rainbow Dash dress was the best.
Huzzah. Vindication! :lol

RomanticHeroX said:
I started with Suited for Success because people in the last OT were recommending it as the one to try. I very nearly didn't watch any more because of it. It's a good episode but terrible for convincing someone that this is a good show.

I can't speak for your own experience, but I disagree. I think it does a good job of bucking the idea of it being your "crappy little girls" show. I showed it to someone and got these reactions: "Oh dress making episode, the hell is this crap", ep goes on, Rarity has her great song, Rarity has her breakdown, "Wow, that was unexpected", ep ends, "That was way better than I thought it would be". Rarity's voice actress was also superb throughout the ep which really added to everything.

Amibguous Cad said:
I think you've got to gague your audience. Some won't be able to get past the dress makink episode thing.

Indeed, however this is true about introducing the series to anyone with any episode. It really helps to know who you are showing it to in order to get the best "bang for your buck" out of the first ep they see. Too many people will only give the show one shot and then bail if they don't like it.

AdawgDaFAB said:
Huzzah. Vindication! :lol

I can't speak for your own experience, but I disagree. I think it does a good job of bucking the idea of it being your "crappy little girls" show. I showed it to someone and got these reactions: "Oh dress making episode, the hell is this crap", ep goes on, Rarity has her great song, Rarity has her breakdown, "Wow, that was unexpected", ep ends, "That was way better than I thought it would be". Rarity's voice actress was also superb throughout the ep which really added to everything.

I think you've got to gague your audience. Some won't be able to get past the dress makink episode thing.

McNum

Amibguous Cad said:
Pretty much this. For some, Suited for Success is a good opener, others might want to start with the pilot, and there's of course Dragonshy for the roleplaying game crowd.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Really pissed at myself for being asleep for the synchtube eps. Being sick sucks.

Oh well, hopefully I'll get to join next week. :_\

That was fun! I made a bunch of people in the group officers as we were playing, so if you want to make events or whatevs, go ahead. If I didn't make you an officer just shoot me a comment or message, and I'll fix it. Same if you don't want to be one.

Dai101

Banned
OMG Aero said:
18 people said that Rainbow Dash was the bigger jerk

gOGls.jpg

Also, FUCK!! There was a Synchtube thingye today?

2th

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
Don't forget the women, too! I know we have at least a couple.

pft... this is the internet. you know the rules. There are no women on the internet. Everyone is a male until proven otherwise.

Whoa, gotta get subbed to the new thread. Haven't been on GAF in ages and missed a lot of stuff, but I gotta have my ponies (read in the voice of 'gotta have my Pops').

Ellis Kim

Banned
Hexadecimalt said:
Whoa, gotta get subbed to the new thread. Haven't been on GAF in ages and missed a lot of stuff, but I gotta have my ponies (read in the voice of 'gotta have my Pops').
Its been a long time since I've watched that commercial... but lol holy shit at the JAWS strings playing in the background, haha.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And I don't like anthro pony fanart anyway. They're... weird.

Big Mac is the only thing that's good enough, but that's the only fanart I saw that's competent enough.

Boss Doggie

Narag said:
No doubt someone will give you a rendition of Spike from A Dog and Pony Show you'll find suitable.

See here's the thing - the artstyle used for the show doesn't really fit well - even Dream!Spike looks awkward :p

Good thing Doggie is live action so fanart can draw him in any possible style!

TransTrender

Gold Member
Myke Greywolf said:
Now, those Sonic Paradox abridged episodes are good and all, but true greatness regarding pony parody is to be found elsewhere:

My Little Pony: The (Abridged) Mentally Advanced Series

Best enjoyed when aware that it is all made by one single guy.

Feel free to scold me if this has been posted before, after which I will pretend to be devastated and disingenuously mutter "B-b-b-but I just wanted to share..."
This is amazing.
Thank you.

KtSlime

Ookami-kun: I don't mean for this to come off as rude, or an overly broad generalization, but I get the impression that people into kemono and other furry art are rather eccentrically particular about the fine details of said art. Would you say this is a fair assessment? Does this hold true in general, or is this an inaccurate stereotype?

Boss Doggie

ivedoneyourmom said:
Ookami-kun: I don't mean for this to come off as rude, or an overly broad generalization, but I get the impression that people into kemono and other furry art are rather eccentrically particular about the fine details of said art. Would you say this is a fair assessment? Does this hold true in general, or is this an inaccurate stereotype?

I am not sure really, I don't really know XD

It really depends on the person I guess. XD

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
All that speed of light thread at OT is making me do is envisioning Rainbow Dash doing a Light Rainboom.

I... I think I got a problem.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
2th said:
so there were 36 people in synchtube today. That is right. 36 grown or growing men (dont know how old some of you people are) watching My Little Pony together over the internet and asking questions like "Best song or best song" and reciting lines from the show. If i hadnt of seen it i wouldnt have believed it. The internet is a very amazing place.

And I totally agree with you, even though I don't really appreciate chat rooms with lots of people... it's just impossible to have any kind of sane conversation in that context, and 90% of what is said becomes lost in the chaos. That's the downside of having a lot of people in this boat, I guess.

RomanticHeroX said:
It's an amazing episode for people who already like the show, because it is a turning point for Rarity's character and the subtext is totally relevant for adults. The overall theme and the insert songs are definitely a turn-off if you're not in an adequate mindset or if you still haven't rewritten your expectations of what a "good show" is supposed to be - which any person who watches the episodes in order has done by episode 4.

OMG Aero said:
Yeah no doubt. Every time I put an abridged video on everyone turns against it, even though I put them on because I see positive posts about them in the thread. No more abridged videos from now on.
Not everyone. I liked the second one a lot. The first one fell flat for the reasons I already stated in this thread. It's not bad, it's just kind of mediocre.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
First order of business.

Ban all ponies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
NEO0MJ said:
Pulling a G-Fex on us? I though we were bound by friendship...

I cant...resist...all...the magic.

So I was listening to last week's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell me and MLP was the answer to the Bluff The Listener Challenge.
Basically, they say three stories (this week happened to be about things that found an audience they didn't intend to find), two are false one is true.
They talked about Bronies being big fans of MLP and even had a short interview with the founder of Equestria Daily.
It was interesting, though, they made the normal jokes you'd expect.

AceBandage said:
So I was listening to last week's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell me and MLP was the answer to the Bluff The Listener Challenge.
Basically, they say three stories (this week happened to be about things that found an audience they didn't intend to find), two are false one is true.
They talked about Bronies being big fans of MLP and even had a short interview with the founder of Equestria Daily.
It was interesting, though, they made the normal jokes you'd expect.
Old news, pretty sure it was posted in the last topic... As for new news, apparently Bill Clinton will be on the show(or was on the show?) and they are going to talk to him about MLP. Interview should be up sometime tomorrow(or today).

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm overdoing it, but here's the fixed AJ/Bonbon/Mac constellation so far, had a few glitches and simply stupid looking things in there ^^

tk61a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom