• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
Calpain said:
Great job on the drawings as always, Myke!

Oh, I think this Dash picture was posted earlier and people liked it except for the placement of the watermark. Well, the artist updated it and moved the watermark and also provided a higher res image:
http://i.imgur.com/G9oCg.jpg
Check out the source for the best quality picture
(Source)

i was actually asking for this on the DA page. My background is now 20% cooler :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
n8BitMan said:
I thought all the ponies liked apple
s

An other great piece there Myke. Keep up the stellar work.

Clearly they haven't tasted the god of all fruits that is mango.

tafer

Rickenslacker said:
Give a couple episodes a try, but don't judge it on the first two episodes. You might find a charming show that's fun to watch.

LOL, and become another creepy pedo-furry-nazy-communist-jihadist-barbeque-monster like the rest of you!?

PP>FS>RD>TS>R>AJ; <3 PP

Ellis Kim

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
Why wasn't Belle Eve design accepted?
Aww, my POS breaking shirt "design" didn't pass. Ah well, I don't blame him for filtering it out. It was a lame and lazy shirt anyways. I just submitted it just because I knew there were some people who responded positively to it.

Chuck

Still without luck
Narag said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3qS0odekuU Dr. Whooves animation courtesy of EqD.
This is amazing!
yel54.png

Boss Doggie

btw I heard you guys were talking about me in ponychat a few mins after Mykey's art. What is it about O:

Narag

Ookami-kun said:
btw I heard you guys were talking about me in ponychat a few mins after Mykey's art. What is it about O:

Looking through the log, Adawg was extolling the joys of Doggie Kruger as he discovers the sentai series, someone asked if you were online on steam, and someone wondered if you were superbuff irl.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ookami-kun said:
Maybe somepony should join the Pony Chat some time so they can experience the magic as it happens.
yel40.png

Orcastar

Another PonyGAFfer expertly and humorously ponified, excellent job Myke! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
I'm sure you still have a huge backlog of these, but I'd like to be a unicorn if you ever get round to little ol' me.

ChuckNoLuck said:
Maybe somepony should join the Pony Chat some time so they can experience the madness as it happens.
yel40.png
Fixed.

ruby_onix said:
According to my Googling, Pegacorn is spelled with an "A", not an "I", and Alicorn is the magic-filled mythical substance that Unicorn horns are composed of.

Also, Human Celestia
http://seiryuga.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4125x9
I hear alicorn more often from the fandom. Supposedly it comes from the Latin alae, meaning wings, though you're right that it's also been used just for the horn, and that meaning predates it's current usage.

Regulus Tera said:
Myke I just bought your shirt. :)
Link to it for those of us lazy to look ourselves? Also, how much are they?
Hopefully it's not too expensive, since I'm broke atm. That doesn't matter though because I need to support Myke & PonyGAF by getting one!

If anyone ends up getting one of the Gildan shirts can you let us know how good the quality on them is? They were made to sound pretty meh in EL's post about the shirts. I'd like to get both of the PonyGAF shirts to support you guys, but can't afford to spend $40 to do so. So if the Gildan shirts are still good quality then that means I can get more than just Myke's design.

Boss Doggie

Narag said:
Looking through the log, Adawg was extolling the joys of Doggie Kruger as he discovers the sentai series, someone asked if you were online on steam, and someone wondered if you were superbuff irl.

Where is this log? O:

And I'm not buff irl, that's one huge mistake XD

And yay another person who shall bask on Doggie's glory!

ChuckNoLuck said:
Maybe somepony should join the Pony Chat some time so they can experience the magic as it happens.
yel40.png

I will if I'm not working. :p

Ookami-kun said:
Where is this log? O:

And I'm not buff irl, that's one huge mistake XD

And yay another person who shall bask on Doggie's glory!
He either just scrolled up in the chat or uses a program that can connect to the IRC and also autologs everything (like Trillian for example). But yeah, thats was pretty much all.
- Everyone basically said they liked the picture and that Myke did a good job capturing the spirit of your avatars.
- I laughed about actually knowing who Doggie is now and shared a wiki link so the others would know.
- A few people were curious on what your reaction would be and Chuck mentioned you weren't on steam so they didn't know when you would see it.
- Uchip said jollyjacks new pic looks like something you'd use for an avatar (no clue what that pic is).
- Chuck wondered if you were buff IRL.

That was basically it. Just random bits of convo inbetween other topics while waiting to see if you liked or disliked the Myke's picture.

Cheerilee

AdawgDaFAB said:
If anyone ends up getting one of the Gildan shirts can you let us know how good the quality on them is? They were made to sound pretty meh in EL's post about the shirts. I'd like to get both of the PonyGAF shirts to support you guys, but can't afford to spend $40 to do so. So if the Gildan shirts are still good quality then that means I can get more than just Myke's design.
I've actually already got a ton of them. I wear them pretty regularly. A liquidation store I know in Vancouver sells them for $3-5 each (plain, no iron-on patterns), and I like wearing plain white t-shirts under my dress shirts.

I think they're pretty great. They're somewhat hefty and durable compared to other assorted t-shirts I've worn, and they seem to lack any obvious bothersome flaws like I've occasionally found in others. I've paid much more for worse shirts.

I'd take EviLore's word when he says that the American Apparel shirt feels softer. He was just wearing both of them one after the other. Since the American Apparel seem to be designed for a snug fit, I expect it also probably has more flex and stretch. I guess it just depends on what you want in a shirt. If you're some sort of shirt elitist who has been bothered by moderate quality shirts in the past and you exclusively wear high quality shirts, then you probably already pay much more than $7 extra per-shirt to upgrade whenever possible.

I can tell you that while my build is slimmer than EviLore's, he found Gilden's medium size to be a bit loose for his liking, where I found medium to be a bit tight for mine, so I take a large, even though I'm slimmer than he is.

Edit: Crossposting from the shirt thread!
Deadly Cyclone said:
Are these more long and narrow or short and fat? Also at 100% cotton I'm betting they will shrink right?
No shrinkage in the Gildan that I've ever observed. These are made for iron-on prints, so it'd be pretty bad if they changed size/shape after they were printed. They probably pre-shrink them from the factory.

Boss Doggie

Who's Jollyjack? And yeah, I like the pic. :p

Though the live action couldn't really convey Doggie's buffness. He's supposed to be buff, what with the abs and pecs in his suit, but couldn't show through.

OMG Aero

Congratulations on getting your shirt in the store and already making some sales Myke!
As much as I love the design, I don't think it's subtle enough for me to get one. Maybe if there was a version with no text on the European site you mention to save on shipping I'd consider it, but I hope you win anyway.

Also if anyone buys the Gildan shirts you would be financially supporting this, you monsters.

Narag

If it was going to Gilda herself, I'd donate directly. She'd use her wealth to free RBD from the village of the dweebs and we'd get an awesome buddy comedy out of it,

Nishastra

Banned
Narag said:
If it was going to Gilda herself, I'd donate directly. She'd use her wealth to free RBD from the village of the dweebs and we'd get an awesome buddy comedy out of it,
More like buddy tragedy.

Is there such a thing? :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
Congratulations on getting your shirt in the store and already making some sales Myke!
As much as I love the design, I don't think it's subtle enough for me to get one. Maybe if there was a version with no text on the European site you mention to save on shipping I'd consider it, but I hope you win anyway.
I'll submit a textless one, Aero. Also, I'll do wome tweaking on Belle herself, I believe she can be improved.

tiff

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Also if anyone buys the Gildan shirts you would be financially supporting this, you monsters.
Damn, I forgot how much of a jerk Gilda was. She wasn't even preoccupied with anything, she ran into Fluttershy just to yell at her :(

Myke Greywolf said:
Also, I'll do wome tweaking on Belle herself, I believe she can be improved.
Oooh, I so want to buy a pair of these, but if there's going to be a 1.1 revision, should I wait for that, or stave off early-adopter anxiety and make the jump now?! Or buy one now and buy one later and pay twice for shipping?

Too many choices!

(great job on Ookami's pic and the shirts, Myke. You're a superstar!)

OMG Aero

Adelor Lyon said:
Oooh, I so want to buy a pair of these, but if there's going to be a 1.1 revision, should I wait for that, or stave off early-adopter anxiety and make the jump now?! Or buy one now and buy one later and pay twice for shipping?

Too many choices!

(great job on Ookami's pic and the shirts, Myke. You're a superstar!)
If you are an early adopter and get the shirt before the revision, you become a PonyGAF ambassador and get 20 episodes of season 2 for free before they are aired to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom