• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff

Banned
McNum said:
Uh, Panda, you might want to not post that. AdBlock is frowned upon on NeoGAF. As in "posting an image showing you have AdBlock enabled on NeoGAF is bannable." Just a heads up.
How can you tell he has adblock enabled on GAF?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
McNum said:
Uh, Panda, you might want to not post that. AdBlock is frowned upon on NeoGAF. As in "posting an image showing you have AdBlock enabled on NeoGAF is bannable." Just a heads up.
i just use it for avatars, i have it set to allow ads here.
Y3iiZ.png

McNum

tiff said:
How can you tell he has adblock enabled on GAF?
Upper right corner of the browser. The ABP icon is red. If AdBlock has an exception for NeoGAF, it'd be white. If it was turned off completely, it'd be green.

The next window, though, shows that the ads themselves are not filtered out, so it might be okay. I've seen EviLore ban people on sight who post screenshots of NeoGAF with ABP enabled, though, so better safe than sorry.

Myke Greywolf said:
Dear Princess Celestia,

This week I learned that acting too much, and going too far, on your eagerness to find and hold on to new friends, can be just as sad and pitiful as having no friends at all;
speaking loosely of, hello new friends! anyone going to PAX Prime and want to meet up?
mazeedibeedi said:
You rang?
http://i.imgur.com/mstUr.png
I might consider changing it to Lady CosCos just to mess with ya ;)
submit this for a shirt

Ellis Kim

Banned
Hell no, do not submit that as a shirt. God dammit no :mad: Its a nightmarish creature that should never have been made to begin with D:

*cries*

Myke: Well, whatever it is that caused you to write that, I think that you're look at a few limited options as to what to do: either beg and cry for forgiveness and offer dinner or a basket of foodstuffs, or let time mend that wound and hope for the best by spending that time bettering yourself as a person so that the person in question will be able to trust you again sometime down the road.

Ellis Kim

Banned
PonyGAF, I fear I may have failed you.

I was working over the original shirt design for an alternative submission, and I realized a critical (or perhaps a rather subjective) error.

VQRNw.jpg

I moved the eye lower and angled it differently, and I fear that this may be a more accurate, or cute, version that should have been the original design. :(

Tell me what you think (and yes, the alt design is going to be one with colored hair).

2th

Banned
honestly like the original. belle has hair that is almost covering her eyes. she likes to have it a bit messy like that. i mean she is a shut in. who does she have to impress?

brian577

Banned
For those of you who don't want more Brony shoutouts on the show, I think your worst nightmare just came true.

This is from the guy who's been posting the behind the scenes footage

YTmessage.jpg

Nishastra

Banned
I don't necessarily have a problem with that, the concern was just that they'd change the basics of the show in an attempt to better cater to the audience they found, when that would mean moving away from what made people like the show in the first place.

Hopefully it remains minor.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Nishastra said:
I don't necessarily have a problem with that, the concern was just that they'd change the basics of the show in an attempt to better cater to the audience they found, when that would mean moving away from what made people like the show in the first place.

It will probably be little nods in the background ponies and whatnot.

I hope...

tiff

Banned
I'm assuming that they're going for a more Pixar-like approach where there might be a few references or low-key jokes that might fly over the head of their younger audience but it's still very much a show for people of all ages.

I don't really get the sense that they've forgotten that despite all the hoopla, their primary demographic is still little girls.

Nishastra said:

Yeah, I'm so okay with more background shout-outs as long as they don't cross into the foreground. If it's the kind of thing he'd have to make a video to point out, there's no way it'll be too obtrusive.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Twilight was a mare who thought she was a loner
But she knew it couldn't last
Twilight left her home in Celestia's tower
For some Ponyville grass

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Someone was bound to do it eventually.

VESm5l.jpg

Ellis Kim

Banned
Which do you guys like?

Sort of based on the one that variant that Zxeon did that was based on someone else's drawing
RwdKn.jpg

This is just a fill-in version
6UzB8.jpg

Do you want both? Just the normal fill in?

I feel like the space for the ear is kinda weird for the one w/o outlines

McNum

So is that Rainbow Garrus, or Garrus Dash? Mirarity is obvious. Twilight Shepard, too. I wonder who'd be the rest of the characters?

Pancakes

McNum said:
So is that Rainbow Garrus, or Garrus Dash? Mirarity is obvious. Twilight Shepard, too. I wonder who'd be the rest of the characters?

Grunt - Big Mac
Mordin - Pinkie Pie (Mad scientist vibe)
Jacob - ehhh Applejack I guess, boring characters
Tali - Fluttershy
Jack -?
Thane -?
Kasumi - ?
Merc dude -?

Pancakes said:
Grunt - Big Mac
Tali - Fluttershy
Jack -?
Thane -?
Kasumi - ?
Merc dude -?

Jack is totally Rainbow Dash

McNum

Pancakes said:
Grunt - Big Mac
Tali - Fluttershy
Jack -?
Thane -?
Kasumi - ?
Merc dude -?
For Jacob, I'd be tempted to say Spike, actually. He's the straight man in the group of misfits, which is kind of Spike's role, too. Plus did you know? Jacob has a cru-

Pinkie Pie: FOR-EVERR!

Anyway, that leaves Applejack free, and I might say Thane for her. Sure she's not a sniper, at least not to my knowledge, but she's the down to earth type, and so is he. I like the Gilda for Jack comparison. It fits.

That leaves Samara, Legion, Kasumi, and Zaeed.

Samara... Princess Celestia? It's not perfect, but on the other hand, it's not too bad either.

I don't think I can find matching ponies for the DLC characters, though. There's no real gossip pony nor anyone gruff enough for Zaeed. Legion is hard, too. Owlowicious, maybe?

Pancakes said:

Laughed out loud at that. My other half plays her Shepard like she can't remember Jacob's name. On his loyalty mission: big smiles, nods, yes, good for you; stage whisper to Mordin: WHO THE HELL IS THAT?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Regulus Tera said:
I like how a thread about animu deviants ended up being about bronies.

Time to catch up with thaaaaawww it was locked. :(
dont worry, we got atleast one of them.

Orcastar

Captain Fish said:
There should be a newspaper called Equestria Daily.
This. They might even do it; they did have an app called Equestria Daily in the iPhone parody commercial after all.

I'm not too worried about more brony shoutouts. I'm sure they wouldn't risk messing with the show's main formula, so the references will probably end up being relatively minor. More shots of Lyra sitting on a bench with Bon Bon, Derpy delivering mail, maybe even Luna wearing socks, that kind of thing. And let's not forget that the first season already had plenty of all kinds of subtle intertextual references even though they weren't specifically targeting bronies.

Ellis Kim said:
Which do you guys like?

Sort of based on the one that variant that Zxeon did that was based on someone else's drawing
http://i.imgur.com/RwdKn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6UzB8.jpg

I like the fill in version better; the other version looks too human at first glance, at least to me.

Also, my contribution to the ME discussion:

Kasumi = Little Strongheart?
Grunt = Chief Thunderhoof?
Thane = Big Mac?

OMG Aero

Ellis Kim said:
Which do you guys like?

http://i.imgur.com/RwdKn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6UzB8.jpg

Personally I prefer the one with the outline. Out of curiosity, how does it look if you put it on a white T-shirt and make the outline black?

Also no text version plz.

PonyGAF, do you have comics about buying pony toys? There was also one that's mostly black and white that went like this:
Clerk: "Are you buying it for your daughter?"
Guy: "Yeah... let's go with that."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Regulus Tera said:
I like how a thread about animu deviants ended up being about bronies.

Time to catch up with thaaaaawww it was locked. :(

Last time I checked it was about voice actors doing hentai.

OMG Aero

3 hours to go until tonight's Synchtube and once again someone has been generous enough to offer up a prize to raffle off. This time Orcastar has got a copy of King's Bounty: Platinum Edition to give away so I'll be doing the raffle for that at the end of tonight's episodes if you are interested.
Tonight we'll also finally complete the best episode poll and play some more TF2 so it's sure to be the best night ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom