• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Is there room in PonyGAF for one more? :3

I started watching episodes this week, and the first three or four felt kinda meh, but the last few have been clicking for me. Also, dat theme song.

I think the reason I didn't like the first couple is because there was a severe lack of Fluttershy. Dear lord, so cute.

SS4Gogita said:

I started watching episodes this week, and the first three or four felt kinda meh, but the last few have been clicking for me. Also, dat theme song.

I think the reason I didn't like the first couple is because there was a severe lack of Fluttershy. Dear lord, so cute.

H0eBS.jpg

It doesn't help that the first two epsiodes come off a little more cliched and hammy than the more rock solid later episodes.

It still amazes me how mujch this fanbase keeps chugging out creatively in this "downtime" between seasons.

This is one of the best PMVs I've seen. Its on par with the likes of AMV Epic, Unanimous Delivers' stuff, and PONIES the Anthology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FwtC-1bpx0

Seriously you guys MUST watch this!

2th

Banned
SS4Gogita said:

zh1q4.jpg

Orcastar

Sounds like last night's Synctube was a blast, too bad I had to miss it. Gotta check out episode later, though it won't be nearly as fun without you guys. :/

DrForester said:
Carek does it again. This might be my favorite of his so far.

http://i.imgur.com/xlVkM.jpg

I want a Celestia keychain :(
This was inspired by an IRC discussion, wasn't it? Amazing work!

Choppasmith said:
This was pretty amazing too. Youtube is full of PMVs that do nothing more than match clips to the music, so it's always refreshing to see one that does a bit more with editing and effects.

Ellis Kim said:
I like the style, but you can't really tell that it's zombies she's up against.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Bufbaf said:
Invisible Pandapony

9EJ9Xh.png

Also great image, Elias. Not too sure about its shirt potential, though. I think the details of the Zomb-Ponies are too hard to make out, as well as the environment from which Belle is apparently "leaping" from

Cheska

Oh PonyGaf, I have been so wrong about this whole premise. I finally watched an episode today and.......it was really good. Why have I been hiding under a rock all this time?

Chuck

Still without luck
Cheska said:
Oh PonyGaf, I have been so wrong about this whole premise. I finally watched an episode today and.......it was really good. Why have I been hiding under a rock all this time?
epzlP.gif

Cheska said:
There was nothing to be afraid of! It was just a hop, skip and a jump!

McNum

Cheska said:
I don't know, why have you? To be fair, there is the hurdle of "But it's My Little Pony! How can it be good?!" to get over. Good to hear you gave it a chance. Out of curiosity, what episode did you watch? It's always fun to hear where people started to watch the show.

Good to see the prompt delivery of the "Welcome to the herd!" macro. It's even the animated one. Nice.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
McNum said:
I don't know, why have you? To be fair, there is the hurdle of "But it's My Little Pony! How can it be good?!" to get over.
To be honest, I felt the same way. I said some dickish things to begin with.

Cheska

tumblr_lijlboK78k1qffn17o1_400.gif

I started with the pilot, but I am promptly downloading the rest of the episodes. All the ponies are just so likable, and the plot is actually interesting. Shouldn't have expected anything less from Lauren though. Thanks for welcome fellow equestrians :D

EDIT: I feel like I should be looking for a cute MLP avatar now :p

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
SS4Gogita said:

Cheska said:
Welcome to ponyGAF! I'd love to know your pony rankings at the beginning. I'm really curious as to how much it will change by the time you finish the season.

Cheska

Quinnjaminn said:
Welcome to ponyGAF! I'd love to know your pony rankings at the beginning. I'm really curious as to how much it will change by the time you finish the season.

Pony rankings as in who I like favorite to least favorite?

-Fluttershy
-Rainbow Dash
-Twilight Sparkle
-Pinkie Pie
-Rarity
-Applejack

Honestly, I like everyone after Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash equally :) oh and I wuv Spike!

EDIT: I should not be posting while I'm gaming.

OMG Aero

Cheska said:
Pony rankings as in who I like least to favorite?

-Fluttershy
-Rainbow Dash
-Twilight Sparkle
-Pinkie Pie
-Rarity
-Applejack

Honestly, I like everyone after Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash equally :) oh and I wuv Spike!
You know, I'm going to give you a free pass since you just started.
You just haven't realised how great Fluttershy is yet. I'd like to see your revised list later on in the season.
2mZkW.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Cheska said:

-Fluttershy
-Rainbow Dash
-Twilight Sparkle
-Pinkie Pie
-Rarity
-Applejack

But... Pegasus Ponies are best ponies....

Hold on a second. I think we have our first person ever to put AJ at the top.

Cheska said:

-Fluttershy
-Rainbow Dash
-Twilight Sparkle
-Pinkie Pie
-Rarity
-Applejack

ok this is the most amazing list because it's the exact same list everyone posts, except they're posting in the order of best to least favorite. awesome I love differing opinions :D and so happy there's an applejack fan.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Perhaps in the spirit of friendship we should have new pony rankings, and rank the same way they did the "PC gaming hall of fame" contest.

List your favorite 6, everyone on list gets 1 point, regardless of position.

Cheska

Oh wait guys. I totally messed up, that's my list according to best to least. Editing now! I love Fluttershy, she loves animals, just like me ;)

EDIT: Like I said, I like the last three equally, but I really love the pegasus ponies so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom