• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Owlowiscious said:
I would iif it was from hasbro. Not from you because you're using official stuff. Same reason why i won't buy the one with dash's cutie mark made into neogaf logo

edit- lol right after this post i see this shirt design that i would buy up immediately :p http://i.imgur.com/v9Xqf.png i think i'm a hypocrit
I don't understand. What official stuff???

Since when is Belle Eve canonical outside of PonyGAF's fandom?

Your post makes me sad, owl.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
bYZwP.png

Updated version ^^

Ellis Kim

Banned
As much as I love it with the correction, I swear I think someone needs to ask someone about whether or not A) cutie marks are copyright, and B) if us (and GAF) not getting any sort of commission on these shirts is valid enough appeal for free usage of such material.

Either way, I think we should be fine.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ellis Kim said:
As much as I love it with the correction, I swear I think someone needs to ask someone about whether or not A) cutie marks are copyright, and B) if us (and GAF) not getting any sort of commission on these shirts is valid enough appeal for free usage of such material.

Either way, I think we should be fine.
I think that marks so prominently featured in the toys and solidly associated with their respective characters, must be copyrighted.

I would buy it, though, Ellis.

Chuck

Still without luck
It's "Do you know you're all my very best friends?" so you're right buf.

And here are my PonyGAF shirts minus one of Myke's that is in the washer.

McNum said:
In preparation, I have found the following videos to be used as a barely witty response:
"The horror. The horror!"
] (Which by the way could be funny to add to the playlist just before the G1 episode. Can Synchtube handle so short videos?)
No, videos need to be a minimum of 15-30 seconds or something, you can still post the vids in the chat so view them in preview though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
DrForester said:
Well, we made it through "Party of One", can not imagine G1 ponies being any worse.

I was wrong, so very wrong...

That was just as terrible as I thought. That 2 frames a second animation... terrible voice acting...

Poor Tony Randall

burningranger

Neo Member
The G1 pilot was....interesting. The Villains were definitely the best part about it. Very dark and ominous, and the animation was decent. Could definitely do without all the random songs and...oh god....no more sea ponies please!

As I stated in the synchtube chat, if you want another G1 episode to watch for next week, I'd recommend Fugitive Flowers. It has Posey, who was the basis for Fluttershy as well as Peter Cullen.

McNum

Foxix said:
What... what did I just watch?

SHHOOOOO BE DOOOOOO
It was awesome. It was terrible. It was glorious.

Evil centaur-man (who apparently can sit on a throne) kidnaps ponies to turn them into dragons to pull his chariot. Firefly responds by... kidnapping a human girl! Then the sea ponies just happen. Then comes the mushrooms and the mushroom guy. Then more sea ponies. Then the bad guy is blown up. Not "defeated". Blown. Up. And everyone is happy. Except the villain, since he was blown up.

But the best part? It was easy to see that this was, in fact, where Friendship is Magic came from. There are many similarities, the plot of the G1 pilot and the plot of the FiM pilot is more or less the same, it's even solved the same way. Of course, there are many differences, too, but we just watched the birth of the My Little Pony cartoons. Now, who's up for sea ponies for Season 2? I know I am! SHOO-BE-DOO!

Also, thanks for the games in TF2, sorry I couldn't stay longer, but I need sleep. (Which is why I'm doing the sensible thing and posting on GAF instead of, you know, sleeping.) My new weapons, those I managed to try out, pretty much get my seal of approval. I <3 Sandvich. I ran out of ammo more often then usual, since I lived to shoot it all. I got the triple jump bat for the Scout. Interesting. Also got a fairly difficult pair of achievements. Soviet Block (standing in the way of an invulnerable Heavy AS an invulnerable Heavy) and Red Oktoberfest (Getting my Medic buddy a Domination as a Heavy). Good fun! And Foxix, your spying is mean. Way to go. Woohoo. I mean, I'll get you next time!

Also, anyone know what a flashing skull means over your health in TF2? I bet it's bad.

Narag

McNum said:
Also, anyone know what a flashing skull means over your health in TF2? I bet it's bad.

I think it means you were hit by the Fan of War. Every hit on you while marked results in a minicrit.

tiff

Banned
Good synctube and TF2 tonight. The abridged videos were fantastic (often funnier than the show itself), and G1 was... interesting. There were parts that weren't bad and parts that were... oh god.

TF2 was fun. I think I did pretty well today :3

McNum said:
Also got a fairly difficult pair of achievements. Soviet Block (standing in the way of an invulnerable Heavy AS an invulnerable Heavy) and Red Oktoberfest (Getting my Medic buddy a Domination as a Heavy).
I think both of those were because of me :p

OMG Aero

You know what? That really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. For a start I didn't think there were going to be actual villains in it, and it was really surprising that they actually turned out to be more sinister than anything from FiM. Sure there were some awful parts (Mainly the songs, dear god the songs) but I really expected it to be worse and all the batshit insane parts just made it hilarious.
McNum said:
But the best part? It was easy to see that this was, in fact, where Friendship is Magic came from. There are many similarities, the plot of the G1 pilot and the plot of the FiM pilot is more or less the same, it's even solved the same way. Of course, there are many differences, too, but we just watched the birth of the My Little Pony cartoons. Now, who's up for sea ponies for Season 2? I know I am! SHOO-BE-DOO!
Yeah, I think I remember reading somewhere that G1 was what Lauren Faust grew up with so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of her inspiration came from there (Centaur guy wanted to cause an endless night and is defeated by a giant rainbow, a lot of the characters are based on characters from that episode).
And since people asked for it, here are the (not at all ironic) ratings for Rescue from Midnight Castle: 21 people voted 5, 1 person voted 4, 1 person voted 3, 1 person voted 2, and 2 people voted 1, giving it an average of 4.46. Which if we were to add it to the ranking table would put it at 7th, just above The Best Night Ever.

So now that we've had our first non-FiM episode stream, what did everyone think? Fancy doing it again next week? If so I'd like some help deciding what to put on the Synchtube. If people want some more abridged episodes we can either move on to the Sonic F abridged episodes or the Mentally Advanced abridged series since there are no new Friendship is Witchcraft episodes (Unless one is uploaded before next week of course) and if people want to see more old MLP we can either move on to the next G1 episode called "Escape from Catrina" or move on to another generation entirely. There's also the option to only have a stream of abridged episodes or only have old MLP episodes if some people only want to see one of them.

Also if anyone missed the madness or just wants to see it again, I put the playlist on the second channel so you can watch SHOO BE DOO to your heart's content.

Narag

TouchMyBox said:
By the sounds of it, it's a good thing that the Baby Crusher 3000 did not show up to this fortress of teams.

This is my usual night after feeding myself to the Baby Crusher 3000.
Oilop.png

Foxix Von

McNum said:
Good fun! And Foxix, your spying is mean. Way to go. Woohoo. I mean, I'll get you next time!

LLShC.gif

But really though, that was fun, and for a good portion of the game I wasn't doing so hot. But I had some moments and think I earned some spy achievements too. Was definitely a lot of fun, thank you "pinkie pie's cupcake frosting knife" for all of the beautiful blood you've spilled.

*just checked* Looks like I earned: The Man With The Broken Guns, Agent Provocateur, and Point Breaker. Woo hoo!

I wasn't able to be around for this synch (personally, my vote would be to change the date and time; I have stuff to do on Saturday nights!), but I would be down for continuing with a half abridged/half G1 synchs.

My impression from the rest of the fandom is that G1 wasn't great, but wasnowhere near as terrible as some of the later stuff. This synchtube's reaction only confirms it. I hearif you want the stuff that's really easy to make fun of, you go to g3 or 3.5.

tiff said:
Are there other good abridged series out there?

Mentally Advanced is terrible for the first few episodes, but becomes one of the best I've seen at episode 3. Check out the dragonshy based ep in particular.

Nishastra

Banned
Foxix said:
LLShC.gif

But really though, that was fun, and for a good portion of the game I wasn't doing so hot. But I had some moments and think I earned some spy achievements too. Was definitely a lot of fun, thank you "pinkie pie's cupcake frosting knife" for all of the beautiful blood you've spilled.
You got me a couple of times, but for some reason I tend to be looking in the right place at the right time whenever you're disguising or going invisible :p

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Thanks for another great TF2 and synchtube session! I barely made it in time for synchtube, and I'm really glad I didn't miss it. Escape from Midnight Castle was...not what I expected at all. I'm still not sure what to think, but it was crazy. I'm definitely up for some more of that.

Oh, and TF2 was a ton of fun. I only really play during our ponyGAF sessions. I had a few great runs early on as a medic, and Foxix's incredible spying encouraged me to give the spy a serious shot. I checked my achievements, and I got a lot more than I expected today (House Call, Medic Milestone 1, Team Doctor, Quadruple Bypass, Trauma Queen, Double Blind Trial, Identity Theft, Agent Provocateur, A Cut Above, Burn Notice, Rasputin, High Value Target, Spy Milestone 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom