• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
kunonabi said:
I was super psyched when it turned out that they were super good friends.

Another thing that surprised about the show was the quality of the music. Stuff like Art of the Dress and At the Gala could pass for Disney songs.
If you're that impressed with the show's music, you should check out the fan music that they have inspired. There are a ton of great remixes and MLP related songs floating around. I have nearly 2 gigs of MLP music on my ipod.

PastaGabe

Neo Member
kunonabi said:
I was super psyched when it turned out that they were super good friends.

Another thing that surprised about the show was the quality of the music. Stuff like Art of the Dress and At the Gala could pass for Disney songs.

Those two songs are just phenomenal. I hope they continue with the awesome songs because that's what I enjoyed the most from the series.

Here is a super enhanced version of "At the Gala". Get some headphones and enjoy!

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who favors Fluttershy and Rarity! I love those two! :D

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I can agree to the consensus that Rarity and Fluttershy are best. Pro choice.

I haven't been following most of the fan stuff. Only so much blood you can squeeze from a rock: I'm waiting for the second season. At most I'll be waiting for Witchcraft is Magic abridged series. It has the magical amount of humor.

PonyGAF has the best -GAF shirts and in general greatly designed don't get me wrong, but not my type for shirts. At most for pony shirts go, I'd wear a pair of Gummy's eyes on a green shirt or something the like.

Shirt time! They're both Gildan tees if you're wondering. I love these shirts.
d7wlpm.jpg
68yOsm.jpg

Not pictured: my ecstatic face.

kunonabi

yeah winter wrap-up was the song that woke me up to the quality of the music. That song stuck with me for like two days.

It was funny when pinkie pie was talking about secrets and lies with her flat hair I couldn't help but think of Lana Lang from Smallville.

Ellis Kim

Banned
wsoxfan1214 said:
Thanks to this thread, I tried the first two episodes.

Finished the season within a week. Watching it again.

Damn all of you.
Welcome!

Captain Fish said:
Shirt time! They're both Gildan tees if you're wondering. I love these shirts.
d7wlpm.jpg
68yOsm.jpg

Not pictured: my ecstatic face.
Heather grey, huh?

Also, I see other lists, so I guess I'll list my favorites.

1) Fluttershy
2) Rainbow Dash
3) Applejack
4) Twilight
5) Pinkie
6) Rarity

Top five are close. Don't really like Rarity at all, though.

With an official release coming (that was confirmed, right? I'm not just dreaming it?) I do wonder if Hasbro will take a harsher stance on Youtube posts.

Ellis Kim

Banned
RomanticHeroX said:
With an official release coming (that was confirmed, right? I'm not just dreaming it?) I do wonder if Hasbro will take a harsher stance on Youtube posts.
They'd be fools to do so. MLP's audience expansion is thanks in large part to the internet and youtube.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
wsoxfan1214 said:
Also, I see other lists, so I guess I'll list my favorites.

1) Fluttershy
2) Rainbow Dash
3) Applejack
4) Twilight
5) Pinkie
6) Rarity

Top five are close. Don't really like Rarity at all, though.

Have you watched A Dog and Pony Show?

I agree that normal Rarity is nothing to write home about, but troll Rarity is indeed streets ahead.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
RomanticHeroX said:

Are we talking DVD release or an actual, honest-to-Celestia streaming source?

Because if it's the former, I don't believe that would help win over any fans to the show, and thus would not be conducive to the laissez-faire marketing scheme Hasbro has been riding high off of up to this point.

I found Pinkie to be somewhat irritating in the early episodes and I like the rest just a bit more. And yeah, I'm on the second run through the season. I still just don't care for rarity.

Orcastar

It was just trolls again, thank Celestia.

If Hasbro does decide to take down the episodes, this would be a really weird time to do it. If I were Hasbro and for some stupid reason decided to start taking down episodes, I'd release the blu-ray set first and start downing early season 1 episodes after we're well into season 2. This way people who catch some of the newer episodes would be forced to buy the set if they wanted to see how the phenomenon began, but could still see newer episodes free for a time to get better aqcuainted with the show.

In other news, the Mane6 website has been updated with a new animation from Fighting is Magic! Noooo Rarity, don't get your beautiful hooves dirty!

And here's some pretty awesome art to start the day with. Or end it if you're over on the other side of the world. Or if you're... Nevermind, just look at the pretty picture!

Imgur hates transparency. :/

Orcastar said:
It was just trolls again, thank Celestia.

If Hasbro does decide to take down the episodes, this would be a really weird time to do it. If I were Hasbro and for some stupid reason decided to start taking down episodes, I'd release the blu-ray set first and start downing early season 1 episodes after we're well into season 2. This way people who catch some of the newer episodes would be forced to buy the set if they wanted to see how the phenomenon began, but could still see newer episodes free for a time to get better aqcuainted with the show.

In other news, the Mane6 website has been updated with a new animation from Fighting is Magic! Noooo Rarity, don't get your beautiful hooves dirty!

And here's some pretty awesome art to start the day with. Or end it if you're over on the other side of the world. Or if you're... Nevermind, just look at the pretty picture!

Imgur hates transparency. :/

I feel that Hasbro definitely has the right to take down their episodes. But I think they should only block it in countries that have the Hub. Let it stay up for the countries that don't have Hub at all. It is an INTERNATIONAL phenomenon after all. Do that at the very least. And maybe have an official channel up with their own uploads. That way they can at least earn ad revenue. There's a Win Win right there!

As for the fighting game ARGH! It looks good but when are we going to see some real footage. I keep thinking if and when we get a full fledged trailer we should make a topic in the Gaming Section, because I know there are both bronies who don't post in here much and fighting game fans who aren't offended by ponies who would probably want to check the game out.

Oh and that art is very cute. Twilight especially looks surprisingly adorable!

ThreeSix said:
Hi.

I made this.
It has generic editing that is carried by a good song

Bye.

Probably not my favorite Brony-created theme. But it IS well made and thevideo you made goes along with it very well. Good job!

OMG Aero

Orcastar said:
Damn trolls took down the Equestria girls video I used in all the Synchtubes so I had to find a new one.
cIlTZ.jpg

Choppasmith said:
As for the fighting game ARGH! It looks good but when are we going to see some real footage. I keep thinking if and when we get a full fledged trailer we should make a topic in the Gaming Section, because I know there are both bronies who don't post in here much and fighting game fans who aren't offended by ponies who would probably want to check the game out.
If anyone is going to make a thread about it we should probably wait until there is an actual playable version for download. For one thing, fan games have a huge tendency to not get finished and if we make a thread for a trailer then the thread will probably just devolve into pony hate vs PonyGAF. If we wait until there is an actual game to play, then we can discuss the game in the thread, organise multiplayer games if it supports online play in that release and then people actually have something to try out instead of just talking about the trailer.
Not to mention that a downloadable release would more than likely have a trailer with it that will be more appealing than any pre-release trailer.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I'm hijacking this post and using it to inform all new PonyGAFfers that they are welcome to join the #ponyGAF IRC channel, where all the cool PonyGAFfers hang out, the fun is relatively constant during peak hours, and where we brew our secret plan to take over NeoGAF.

Actually, disregard that last part. But do join us. :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I've never been there alone, thanks to GlobalGAF :)

Nara :)

tiff

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
I'm hijacking this post and using it to inform all new PonyGAFfers that they are welcome to join the #ponyGAF IRC channel, where all the cool PonyGAFfers hang out, the fun is relatively constant during peak hours, and where we brew our secret plan to take over NeoGAF.

Actually, disregard that last part. But do join us. :)
Sorry I'm not cool :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom