• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Choppasmith said:
I like it.

Anyway, speaking of Promo, that Toonami HD Remasters thread got me thinking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1m8Fz3vsc

The guy who actually did the remasters is a Brony himself, so he was happy to help.

I plan on doing variations, but let me know what you think.

Oh my god.

YES.

You need to do one of those couple minute long promos.

ZealousD said:
Oh my god.

YES.

You need to do one of those couple minute long promos.

Well I was already vying to do something based more off the PPG intro (less talking more footage) and then maybe do an extreme action version ala the Sailor Moon or DBZ intros. But those are still 30 seconds, do you mean something like this or this but with Pony footage? The latter especially would be fun and easy to do. Save the Moltar dialog, splice in Pony footage.

akira28

Since Belle represents NeoGaf and PonyGAF in particular, I think the statement should be that Belle is in the foreground or at least prominent midground, optimally. I don't think that just being in that tiny balloon in the background makes enough of a statement. I have an alternative solution. The primary pic is of the smaller group posing for a portrait, so maybe have a sidebar with her and a DSLR rig, telling everyone to "say cheese".

Or maybe just soften her lines so she doesn't look so starkly out of place. She isn't that bad where she is, she blends to my eye, but she can smile and since we're no longer aggressively tolerating the shit out of people, maybe the message and demeanor and brighten.

or waving at us, if you can open that balcony window and bring it closer, as suggested earlier.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
akira28 said:
Since Belle represents NeoGaf and PonyGAF in particular, I think the statement should be that Belle is in the foreground or at least prominent midground, optimally. I don't think that just being in that tiny balloon in the background makes enough of a statement.

I don't agree with this at all. I didn't like the idea of trying to include an OC character in the main banner to begin with. The banner should be representative of the main show not the community. A simple little nod in the background is good enough imo.

Especially since we're going to have alot of casual fans coming back to the thread that don't follow IRC or the community thread. So they wouldn't quite understand where that pony came from or why she's in the banner.

akira28

Pancakes said:
I don't agree with this at all. I didn't like the idea of trying to include an OC character in the main banner to begin with. The banner should be representative of the main show not the community. A simple little nod in the background is good enough imo.

Especially since we're going to have alot of casual fans coming back to the thread that don't follow IRC or the community thread. So they wouldn't quite understand where that pony came from or why she's in the banner.

She's our 'umble narrator, introducing us to the set, and also welcoming us to the group. Our avatar into the show. I like where she is, but you don't have to agree with my reasoning. We want people to see her and wonder and then they see and they're like 'ahhh cool. Nice touch.'

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
She should be visible enough to allow newcomers a glimpse into the "creative side" of Pony-GAF, while also separated from the mane cast to distinguish her as a unique creation.

My suggestion of having her popping out from behind the logo still stands.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The choice is up to the majority community, I'm just letting my opinion be known.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ahoyhoy said:
She should be visible enough to allow newcomers a glimpse into the "creative side" of Pony-GAF, while also separated from the mane cast to distinguish her as a unique creation.

My suggestion of having her popping out from behind the logo still stands.

I like this a bit more than her being front and center.

Though I still love the little belle in the balloon.

OMG Aero

So I started trying to make the comic con poster into a banner a few hours ago (God damnit Pancakes you beat me) and the reason it took me so long is because I thought that Belle would be too hard to see in the balloon so I had a go at making a new picture of her matching the show's style to fit in the crowd.
The crowd is so packed though that I could only see a few places to fit her and they didn't look too good, so I ended up putting her waving behind Thunderhooves:

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ellis Kim said:
The Ellisk "Carek = Myke" conspiracy continues.

Also, great job Aero!

I only asked because I haven't seen anything of Carek that tries to emulate the show's specific style. All the stuff of his I've seen has his own style to it.

akira28

I like it. She's waving at me, so it's a natural attention grabber. NeoGaf colors are represented, seems like an elegant solution. Plus the many characters will encourage people to stare and have their curiousities piqued.

ok got it. belle picture of her looking at the pc, on the pc is the banner small. then below that picture is the actual banner.

then all the topic banners are the premade belle ones we already have (don't we?)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Aero said:
So I started trying to make the comic con poster into a banner a few hours ago (God damnit Pancakes you beat me) and the reason it took me so long is because I thought that Belle would be too hard to see in the balloon so I had a go at making a new picture of her matching the show's style to fit in the crowd.
The crowd is so packed though that I could only see a few places to fit her and they didn't look too good, so I ended up putting her waving behind Thunderhooves:[/URL]
Love it :D Even if Belle is looking a bit angry.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kamen Rider Fourze fits well in My Little Pony. The main character's goal is to make as many friends as possible.

Orcastar

OMG Aero said:
The crowd is so packed though that I could only see a few places to fit her and they didn't look too good, so I ended up putting her waving behind Thunderhooves:
http://www.abload.de/img/bannerb7q1.jpg
This gets my vote too. Belle looks more mischievous than angry to me.

And here's some ponies for you Panda:

Narag

G-Fex said:
ponies can't play NES
super_mario_.gif

Uchip

Banned
her horn thing is glowing though which means shes pressing the buttons with that
as shes obviously holding the controller by the sides right?

G-Fex

Pandaman said:
i dont see why they couldnt.

hooves are basically finger tips and that's what we use to push buttons.

it hurts my head trying to make sense out of this.

dMGkU.jpg

Basically the ponies would need that and then button mash with their little hoof tips. They can't hold the controller and press buttons at the same time without it slipping out of their little hoofs.

At least Spike has fingers.

If it helps any lurker sleep at night, the Dash/AJ cosplayers who made those costumes are female.

I'm not sure about the rest though, I like that they've made so much more of them in only a matter of months.

OMG Aero

Thanks for the nice words about the banner everyone, since a few people mentioned it here's a version without the American Kirby eyebrows in case you prefer this one instead:

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Aero said:
Thanks for the nice words about the banner everyone, since a few people mentioned it here's a version without the American Kirby eyebrows in case you prefer this one instead:
I love it. Nothing negative from me for this version.

meltingparappa said:
If it helps any lurker sleep at night, the Dash/AJ cosplayers who made those costumes are female.

I'm not sure about the rest though, I like that they've made so much more of them in only a matter of months.

FYI I saw the other ones with their heads off. Only 2/5 of those MLP people were female...

Pancakes

OMG Aero said:

I would increases the canvas size from the bottom, make it the same color as the grass and move the text down just a bit. Maybe increase the stroke on the text as well to match the main logo.

But nitpicks aside, it looks good.

Ookami-kun said:
Kamen Rider Fourze fits well in My Little Pony. The main character's goal is to make as many friends as possible.

Kamen Rider Ponies...

Now that's a thought.

And Fourze is gonna be real good. After seeing the RAW for the first episode I'm so down with the premise.

Ikael

OMG Aero's poster is all kinds of awesome. Hats off, kind sir.

About the subtitle; here there are some sugestions:

My Little Pony season 2: Ponier harder

My Little Pony season 2: You're already friend

My Little Pony season 2: friendship motherfucker, do you speak it?

My Little Pony season 2: love, tolerance, image macros

My Little Pony season 2: The American Azumanga Daioh

Ikael said:
OMG Aero's poster is all kinds of awesome. Hats off, kind sir.

About the subtitle; here there are some sugestions:

My Little Pony season 2: Ponier harder

My Little Pony season 2: You're already friend

My Little Pony season 2: friendship motherfucker, do you speak it?

My Little Pony season 2: love, tolerance, image macros

My Little Pony season 2: Grown Men Watching A Kids Show

I'd vote with the last one on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom