• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ikael said:
OMG Aero's poster is all kinds of awesome. Hats off, kind sir.
About the subtitle; here there are some sugestions:
My Little Pony season 2: Ponier harder
My Little Pony season 2: You're already friend
My Little Pony season 2: friendship motherfucker, do you speak it?
My Little Pony season 2: love, tolerance, image macros
My Little Pony season 2: The American Azumanga Daioh

I like the third one myself. It's got the same vibe as the infamous "Love and tolerate line" but it has more humorous tones (being a Pulp Fiction parody) and doesn't have the whole elitist "Pushing Pony Propaganda" vibe that some people thought the latter did.

GruntOfAction said:
I'd vote with the last one on that list.

5Fl6g.png

McNum

I thought we were going with the Star Wars reference in "The Ponies Strike Back" or "Return of the Ponies"?

I'd prefer something like that anyway.

AdawgDaFAB said:
It's been done:

With this fandom it's always safe to assume as much.

And I love this picture. Luna as the Luna memory is so LOLZ!! And Shoutaro and Phillp ponies for the win. Need to see some Akiko and Terui ponies too.

Choppasmith said:
I like the third one myself. It's got the same vibe as the infamous "Love and tolerate line" but it has more humorous tones (being a Pulp Fiction parody) and doesn't have the whole elitist "Pushing Pony Propaganda" vibe that some people thought the latter did.

http://i.imgur.com/5Fl6g.png

You used the wrong Belle! She has blue eyes ;)

Ellis Kim

Banned
Orcastar said:
Comic time!

You don't butt in on the Apple family's turf...
Apple Bloom with a baseball bat makes this comic.
aww, that's such a cute fan pony. She's all european-y and stuff.

ponykoma___a_rotten_heart_by_emlan-d48q1zd.png

hahahaha

Calpain

Hey guys! Haven't posted in awhile but I've been following the usual antics here in the thread. Great work so far on the new thread material!

Anyway, got a new comic for you all since it seems like comic posting time. This time Smash Bros and Ponies!
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

The artist promises more to come so I'll see about posting any updates when they become available!

All the new comics and videos are aweosme guys. Love the smash comic and the apple mafia one :lol

Well, I have seen at last a fragment of My Little Pony in Castillian spanish. Its acceptable.
A friend recorded with a cam a part for me, as its only in cable right now.
It was the beggining of Boast Busters, and what you can hear of the mane 6 is pretty normal, nor good or bad. Maybe some of them improve when the series has some more episodes (its normal here that voice actors improve the characters when they see how they really are). Spike's voice sounds sometimes too girly.

The secondary voices are really good though. Trixie's voice is perfect and just steals the show. Snips has the voice of the new spanish voice for Slippy in Star Fox 64 3D :lol (hope to get the game tomorrow :) )

Ah yeah, opening is a piece of shit. Simply horrible.

Im uploading it to youtube, as there is yet no castillian spanish videos for the show.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pancakes said:
New thread going up this saturday?

Yup. Looks like everyone likes the comicon banner so will probably use that. I don't want to screw it up, so I will probably post the OP in here a day or two before to get input, let you guys make sure I'm not making it a Celestia propaganda piece.

Would still like to get a new section banner if someone would be so kind.

Keeping with this style, but "Thread Guide" text, and preferably a Celestia picture.

iygpZ.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Prototypes!

(Jaggies are due to imgur compression)

Wzb8P.png

y6gBM.png

sOQt0.png

DNSiQ.png

Eog1r.png

Ellis Kim

Banned
Calpain said:
Hey guys! Haven't posted in awhile but I've been following the usual antics here in the thread. Great work so far on the new thread material!

Anyway, got a new comic for you all since it seems like comic posting time. This time Smash Bros and Ponies!
Part 6

The artist promises more to come so I'll see about posting any updates when they become available!
I love how cute Pinkie looks in the last panel. Link to the source?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Again because of my OCD.

(Whichever one you prefer)
n8kNl.png

Acerac

Banned
Thanks for all the kind responses to my post a few pages ago! Once again, you guys are all completely amazing!

I can't believe the second season is almost finally here. I'm rather nervous about whether the show will maintain the awesome standard of quality that the first season gave us, but I'm trying to be optimistic. I think seeing the pony toys released since the first season has ended is what has made me so nervous as they seem to have none of the charm of the show (baby Pinkie Pie was named Pinkamena Dianne Pie dammit!) but I need to realize that Hasbro still doesn't realize what it has on its' hands here. Time will tell soon enough, but I can not wait for this final week and a half to pass.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a new season of a television show. :)

karby

DrForester said:
Celestia honored them with their own window.

She's such a nice Pony :)

Check out the window in the background.
Does this mean that Discord is actually a dragon?
Next week Saturday can't get here soon enough. I can hardly wait for season 2. I keep speculating. I can't help myself!

karby said:
Next week Saturday can't get here soon enough. I can hardly wait for season 2. I keep speculating. I can't help myself!
I'm thinking that Discord is either like a chimera or a shapeshifter. Notice all the different parts to him?

karby

That makes sense. Ok, I got this all figured out:
Discord was kind of dragon-type/shape-shifting chimera who was causing all kinds of trouble, playing the subjects of ponydom like puppets on a string. The royal pony sisters, finally sick of his shit, use their pony powers and turn him into stone.

...Of course that's all speculation, but look at those windows!

McNum

karby said:
Actually, I'm more curious about the other windows.
One is the mane 6 unleashing the Elements of Harmony. I hope Pinkie has a comment on that. But the one on the left, slightly obscured by Rainbow Dash is the one I'm looking at, because... Is that the Cutie Mark Crusaders?! The colors are off a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get the Crusaders in on this, this time.

karby

I don't think those are the Cutie mark crusaders for a couple of reasons:
The ones that wound be Applebloom and Scootaloo have the colors and pony-types wrong. Also look carefully between Rainbow dash's eye and her front tuft of hair; it's the arms of the same dragon shown on the other windows. And it also looks like all three of the ponies on the window are attached to strings and being controlled by some kind of puppetmaster which, I'm assuming, is the dragon/shapshifter/chimera

Ellis Kim

Banned
Celestia's lighting in the second image is kind of surprising.

edit: looking at the glass mural of the main cast, I'm kind of surprised that there's a bit of tiering.

Unicorn > Pegasi > Earth.

D:

brian577

Banned
Ellis Kim said:
Celestia's lighting in the second image is kind of surprising.

edit: looking at the glass mural of the main cast, I'm kind of surprised that there's a bit of tiering.

D:

I noticed that too, proof of a caste system?

Orcastar

karby said:
I don't think those are the Cutie mark crusaders for a couple of reasons:
The ones that wound be Applebloom and Scootaloo have the colors and pony-types wrong. Also look carefully between Rainbow dash's eye and her front tuft of hair; it's the arms of the same dragon shown on the other windows. And it also looks like all three of the ponies on the window are attached to strings and being controlled by some kind of puppetmaster which, I'm assuming, is the dragon/shapshifter/chimera
I think the three ponies in that window aren't any specific ponies, but rather represent the three "castes" as a whole. In other words, the mural depicts how Discord was controlling/terrorizing/whatever all three types of ponies.
Ellis Kim said:

D:
brian577 said:
I noticed that too, proof of a caste system?
And you guys are just reading too much into it.

Thank you all for keeping the S2 talk in spoiler tags. I was afraid I was going to have to leave the thread until the 17th. I really hate being spoiled about stuff I'm looking forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom