• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

Negator said:
Please be a level. Please be a level. Please be a level.
The rumor says it's a timed boss encounter, so yes, it'll most likely be a pony instance like the cows were.

Gotta love the names, too.
Midnight Sparkle, Nightmarity, and Rainbow Western. With attacks like Nightmare is Magic and Generosity in Death
, it's pretty obvious what they're spoofing.

I may have to lurk the Battle.net forums when this comes out. Should be funny. On a less mocking note, it'd be amusing to run the pony level with PonyGAF at some point.

I probably won't ever play the game, but I hope that's real because it sounds hilarious. I'll be on the lookout for youtube vids of it if the rumors turn out to be true.

Second Toonami intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS6Sr3KgsDs

Meh, I'm not as happy with this one as much as my first one. I tried some different things (like as a couple comments suggested, try fitting the whole title) and the whole thing was based off the Second PPG Intro, I structured it the same way and everything.

Third one is going to be an attempt with more "action" ala Sailor Moon.

And this I just threw together in about an hour. I found a whole bunch of old promos and bumpers from over a decade ago on VHS. And I just had to do this quick little mashup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqAMVxwFeVc

OMG Aero

Orcastar said:
And you guys are just reading too much into it.
Did you miss the past ten or so posts where people were speculating on stain glass murals from a single frame of My Little Pony?
Reading too much into things is kinda our thing.

Orcastar

OMG Aero said:
Did you miss the past ten or so posts where people were speculating on stain glass murals from a single frame of My Little Pony?
Reading too much into things is kinda our thing.
Yeah yeah, but the murals seem to paint a pretty clear picture of Discord:
a (possibly shapeshifting) dragon thing comes to Equestria and enslaves all unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies until Celestia and Luna save the day (and night) by sealing it in stone.
Of course Karby and I might be wrong about this, but I doubt it.

However, deducing that there's a caste system in place in Equestria just from the fact that in that one mural the mane six are depicted in pairs corresponding to their "caste" with unicorns at the top, pegasi in the middle and earth ponies at the bottom is a bit too far-fetched for me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Zomba13 said:
Damn PonyGAF always messing up mah vidja gaems!

I never asked for this.

(But I'm totally cool with it!)

another still

apple_bloom_shepherd_by_willdrawforfood1-d490c1v.png

Theonik

AdawgDaFAB said:
I thought people here were trying to say that Equestria is in the Land of Ooo before? Now it's in the Pokemon universe?
Equestria lives inside all our hearts and thus is not restricted to place and time. It is both everywhere and nowhere. How else would one explain all those cross-overs?

Orcastar

brian577 said:
I'm guessing that Celestia is opening the vault where the Elements of Harmony are stored. Why she took them away in the first place is anyone's guess, but I'd wager she used the old "these ancient artifacts are just too powerful to be kept by silly little mortals such as you six" excuse.

Also, I was wondering why Luna isn't in the pic even though she originally sealed Discord away with Celestia and so I came up with a neat plot twist: maybe she's missing and some ponies are speculating that she's turned to her old ways again and helped Discord break free. In reality Discord broke free on his own and kidnapped Luna.

And no, the hypocrisy of accusing others of reading too much into things and then getting carried away like this is not lost on me.

McNum

I love how much mileage they're getting out of that once scene.

The mane six are shocked! And Princess Celestia is there! And something glows blue!
Sure, we'll have fun dissecting the background but I admire the marketing here. They know we want to know, so they dangle it right there, showing us everything except the one thing we don't know:
What are the ponies gasping at?

Heh, between this thread and the Xenoblade thread, I'm becoming pretty quick at typing "[spoiler]".

What should Apple Bloom's cutie mark be? How does carpentry skill get represented as something cute?

On that note, what if the CMC all got their cutie marks but all the marks were absolutely hideous?

LumpOfCole said:
What should Apple Bloom's cutie mark be? How does carpentry skill get represented as something cute?

On that note, what if the CMC all got their cutie marks but all the marks were absolutely hideous?

The thing is, are they going to het their cutie marks at some time?

SpacePirate Ridley said:
The thing is, are they going to het their cutie marks at some time?
I don't think they should until the end of the series. Whenever the final season airs,there should be an ep where they get it.

OMG Aero

One of the episodes of season 2 really needs to be where one or two of the CMC get their marks and it deals with the jealousy of whoever didn't get their mark and/or whoever did get their mark acting superior and being a jerk about it.
It's the only logical thing I can see them doing with the CMC now that wouldn't be a retread of an old episode, especially since we've already seen what their cutie marks will probably end up being in Show Stoppers.
Hell, if they want to keep continuity they could even make it so the marks are painted on or a magical illusion or something, but that episode basically writes itself and is perfect for a letter to Celestia moral at the end.

Here, have a completely unrelated (but awesome) Rainbow Dash:

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
McNum said:
Just read this on Equestria Daily: Rumor: Diablo III exchanges secret cow level for ponies?

Bronies at Blizzard? More likely than you'd think. And here I was with no interest in Diablo III at all, but this sounds hilarious enough to find. Slay the devil? Naw, I'm here for the ponies.

I hate to be the killjoy here, but this likely isn't a direct reference to MLP:FiM. It's more likely to be poking fun at all the criticism Blizzard got of the game's art style when the game was initially revealed.

m0lTp.jpg

Uvjwz.jpg

ZealousD said:
I hate to be the killjoy here, but this likely isn't a direct reference to MLP:FiM. It's more likely to be poking fun at all the criticism Blizzard got of the game's art style when the game was initially revealed.

Sure... but Midnight Sparkle? That can't be anything other than an MLP reference, can it?

It's probably a case of it working well in both joking at fans' overreactions to the art-style, while also extracting lulz from the polarity of people's opinions on MLP.

brian577

Banned
I love yogscast and that was an amusing level. IMO in terms of the gentleman's wager is that Blizzard did it intentionally to troll.

Whether there will be an actual factual secret pony level I am skeptical on.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hexadecimalt said:
I love yogscast and that was an amusing level. IMO in terms of the gentleman's wager is that Blizzard did it intentionally to troll.

Whether there will be an actual factual secret pony level I am skeptical on.

I have my doubts but regardless it's a pretty funny troll.

PBalfredo

OMG Aero said:
One of the episodes of season 2 really needs to be where one or two of the CMC get their marks and it deals with the jealousy of whoever didn't get their mark and/or whoever did get their mark acting superior and being a jerk about it.
It's the only logical thing I can see them doing with the CMC now that wouldn't be a retread of an old episode, especially since we've already seen what their cutie marks will probably end up being in Show Stoppers.
Hell, if they want to keep continuity they could even make it so the marks are painted on or a magical illusion or something, but that episode basically writes itself and is perfect for a letter to Celestia moral at the end.
I've been thinking the same thing and I agree completely

Also, it reminds me how Apple Bloom straight up abandoned Twist for the CMC after Twist got her mark.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Watched part 2 of the pilot today.... and I noticed that the
hall they're in in those S2 shots are probably a refurbished version of that building.

PBalfredo said:
I've been thinking the same thing and I agree completely

Also, it reminds me how Apple Bloom straight up abandoned Twist for the CMC after Twist got her mark.

Wasnt more twist abandons her?

I laugh when in the first episode enters nightmare moon to the scene an the three CMC are hugging with terror, but then in the episode of the reveal of CMC they didnt know each other :lol

Ellis Kim said:
Watched part 2 of the pilot today.... and I noticed that the
hall they're in in those S2 shots are probably a refurbished version of that building.

You lucky sir!

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I laugh when in the first episode enters nightmare moon to the scene an the three CMC are hugging with terror, but then in the episode of the reveal of CMC they didnt know each other :lol

Further proof of my crackpot theory that the pilots are actually toward the end of the season chronologically speaking. (this is why no one comments on the mane 6 as celebrities/ saviors of Equestria!)

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Amibguous Cad said:
Further proof of my crackpot theory that the pilots are actually toward the end of the season chronologically speaking. (this is why no one comments on the mane 6 as celebrities/ saviors of Equestria!)

So the entire town had their memories wiped after some tragic event, so that they don't remember being friends/knowing Twilight when she first moves in?

alysonwheel said:
I don't think this has been posted here:

Flutterguy (French)

I love Rarity's French VO.

Rarity and Flutterguy voices are indeed awesome.
Rarity is so good because Rarity could be perfectly a french woman in real life, so they put the typical french lady voice.

And trixie seem to be havinf really good voices in almost every language. In french is really good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcpeVg7yMv8&feature=related
The Spain version of Trixie is also perfect, she has exactly the same voice and manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom