• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Ellis Kim said:
Watched part 2 of the pilot today.... and I noticed that the
hall they're in in those S2 shots are probably a refurbished version of that building.
You mean the
ruined castle in Everfree Forest? It seems much more likely to me that it's just a part of Celestia's castle given that we haven't seen many rooms of that yet and it matches the design of the throne room.
Amibguous Cad said:
Further proof of my crackpot theory that the pilots are actually toward the end of the season chronologically speaking. (this is why no one comments on the mane 6 as celebrities/ saviors of Equestria!)
Given that the pilot is about Twilight meeting her friends for the first time, this doesn't really make sense.
If you want an explanation for why no-one comments on them as saving the day, no-one went with them to the Everfree Forest where everything happened and at the end during Luna's party no-one mentions what happened explicitly (And Celestia speaking to Twilight and her friends specifically could just be explained as Celestia speaking to her personal student).
Since Celestia, Luna and Twilight and friends are the only ones that really know what happened, it's possible that they agreed to keep it secret so they don't get mobbed like celebrities and/or so Twilight can study friendship properly without everyone else treating her differently.

McNum

LumpOfCole said:
What should Apple Bloom's cutie mark be? How does carpentry skill get represented as something cute?

On that note, what if the CMC all got their cutie marks but all the marks were absolutely hideous?
Apple Bloom should get a hammer. Why? "Who'd want a hammer for a Cutie Mark anyway?" Sweetie Belle gets either a musical note or a bell, because Cutie Marks like a good pun. Scootaloo is te tough one as she's actively avodiding finding her thing, except for the scooter. I'm thinking she'll get a helmet Cutie Mark for Extreme Sports.

Orcastar

French ponies sound great. The difference in quality compared to the Finnish version is just astounding... Of course the French dubbing industry is a "a bit" bigger than its Finnish counterpart, but that's just an excuse.

McNum said:
Apple Bloom should get a hammer. Why? "Who'd want a hammer for a Cutie Mark anyway?" Sweetie Belle gets either a musical note or a bell, because Cutie Marks like a good pun. Scootaloo is te tough one as she's actively avodiding finding her thing, except for the scooter. I'm thinking she'll get a helmet Cutie Mark for Extreme Sports.
Or they might take the easy route and just give them the same cutie marks they had in previous gens. I hope they don't do that of course.

I have a crazy idea.
Discovery Channel has Shark Week, so why don't we have a Pony Week as we count down to the second season?

Monday- Earth Ponies w/ Pinkie Pie and Applejack
Tuesday- Pegasus w/ Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash
Wednesday- Unicorns w/ Twilight Sparkle and Rarity
Thursday- Spike and the CMC
Friday- The Mane 6
Saturday- SEASON 2 PREMIERE!

Not sure if anyone is game; just a thought for the sake of hype.

SparksterMeta0 said:
I have a crazy idea.
Discovery Channel has Shark Week, so why don't we have a Pony Week as we count down to the second season?

Monday- Earth Ponies w/ Pinkie Pie and Applejack
Tuesday- Pegasus w/ Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash
Wednesday- Unicorns w/ Twilight Sparkle and Rarity
Thursday- Spike and the CMC
Friday- The Mane 6
Saturday- SEASON 2 PREMIERE!

Not sure if anyone is game; just a thought for the sake of hype.
What would those days entail exactly? Posting pics / comics / vids related to them and discussing them? It's doable but not all too different from what randomly goes on now.

However, in the IRC chat we do weekly themes, where all the PonyGAF artists draw something related to it that week. Something like this could be cool for that purpose.

brian577

Banned
The MLP facebook page is promising a new scene from season 2 every day until the premier. They just can't stop teasing us can they?

So in S1, the cast have encountered a sea serpent, a manticore, an ursa minor, a hydra, a cockatrice, and two dragons. Wonder what S2 will have in store in terms of beasts.

Orcastar

brian577 said:
The MLP facebook page is promising a new scene from season 2 every day until the premier. They just can't stop teasing us can they?
There's gonna be soo much speculation...
I'm ok with this.
Rickenslacker said:
So in S1, the cast have encountered a sea serpent, a manticore, an ursa minor, a hydra, a cockatrice, and two dragons. Wonder what S2 will have in store in terms of beasts.
I'm calling beholders and mind flayers.

Rickenslacker said:
They should come across a Centaur, it would bring new meaning to the term human ponies

Narag

Rickenslacker said:

Crabs, velociraptors, and Dinosaur Neil.

It's been awhile since I've been in here, but I guess that'll change relatively soon with S2 coming up.

In the meantime, anyone know what happened to tiff?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Nocturnowl said:
They should come across a Centaur, it would bring new meaning to the term human ponies
In Equestria, it would be a horse with the upper body of a horse. Scary.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Are we all going to change our avatars to belle eve again for the season 2 premier?

Master Milk said:
Damn.

Thanks.

Welcome back.

jasonng said:
AJ is now my main pony. You and I will forever be at war.
RmJGG.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
jasonng said:
AJ is now my main pony. You and I will forever be at war.

I thought this thread was too scary for you? ;)

OMG Aero

Nice job Myke!
Unless I'm missing the references on the others, I love that PonyGAF is the only sub-community in the top 5.

Pancakes

OMG Aero said:
Nice job Myke!
Unless I'm missing the references on the others, I love that PonyGAF is the only sub-community in the top 5.

I know Halycon is part of AnimeGAF but I'm not sure if that rose shirt is an anime reference.

I missed out on that. It sounds like I need to update the Belle imgur if we are gonna do something like this. More resources for Avatars.

I might need to make another one at some point, free imgur only allows 255 pics and Belle's has 120 already on it (I haven't updated it in months).

Pancakes

Jintor said:
I think we need to make a different Belle templete for S2 launch

When is it? Remind me.

The 17th.

The OT should be up around the 10th.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Jintor said:
I think we need to make a different Belle templete for S2 launch

When is it? Remind me.
This reminds me that I should scan my human Belle sketches I've been doodling.

Hmmm.

I think if it hasn't been done, two things need to happen: Vector recolors of Belle mimicking Rainbow Dash making two faces: the tongue mocking she does in front of the guards when Celestia visits, and of course the face squish on the podium in that one AJ episode.

Although... I wonder if it'd be too provoking as avatars, lol.

BDGAME

Sblargh said:
314778_129507397146662_100002622070755_152219_903691_n.jpg

Brazilian happy meal toys! :)
No Fluttershy nor Rarity (our favorites), but Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are also cool and maybe waiting for the day I can tolerate again that horrible expensive food.

I want that twilight toy... i mean... my daughter will want that twilight toy. hehehe

Acerac said:
I purchased a ponygaf shirt in celebration! If only I had gotten it earlier...

Oh well, I got the one without the text so it probably wouldn't have counted anyways.
Both with and without text made up the 23 sales he tied for 4th with.

Acerac

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
Both with and without text made up the 23 sales he tied for 4th with.
Cool, so I can resume feeling guilty.

Oh well, the shirt kicks ass and at least he got something for his awesome efforts.

Acerac said:
Cool, so I can resume feeling guilty.

Oh well, the shirt kicks ass and at least he got something for his awesome efforts.
I feel guilty too. I had it sitting in my cart with 3 other shirts, but didn't order because I missed the spend $30 and get free shipping deal. $50 or more is still free shipping, so I decided to wait for buf's textless cutie mark shirt to popup and it hasn't yet. I'm sorry Myke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom