• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smision said:
i promise not to troll or post in this thread again, i just have on thing i'm curious about: are you guys "out" with your pony fandom? like, you talk about it in real life and represent it as a part of your identity? i know it sounds like trolling, but i'm really just curious /former sociology major
Depends on the people. In one work place I don't mention it, as they're all about the man card and take it away for the smallest reasons. So no mention there.

My other workplace is more relaxed. So I mention it when it comes up.

Regulus Tera said:
Cowboy Bebop is soooo ten years ago.

Ponies are in vogue now.

Sorry, but I'm waiting until they're not mainstream anymore.

Z1N2u.png

Nishastra

Banned
Dark Phoenix said:
It is, as soon as the masses of Belles appeared in the community thread I started to lose track on who was who.
I'm me.

Regulus Tera said:
I would totally sport a Penguified Belle Eve avatar. Just saying.
Oh no, I'm not combining ponies with anime again. Not after last time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
7th stop being a party pooper.

You never liked ponies anyway.
Nishastra said:
I'm me.

Oh no, I'm not combining ponies with anime again. Not after last time.
Please Please PleasePlease Please PleasePlease Please PleasePlease Please Please

Ashenai

Neo Member
7Th said:
Lauren Faust is gone; MLP is over. This thread will be nothing but tears and trolling.

She worked on all of the S2 episodes, though. Plus, Jayson Thiessen, the supervising director, seems like a really smart and savvy dude. The ponies are in good hands!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ellis Kim said:
I'm up for making Regulus's avatar, but in 8 hours after I sleep.
I would give you a brohoof. But I won't. I-It's not like I like you or anything.

Hey is there a Ponython scheduled for tonight?

Orcastar

Smision said:
i promise not to troll or post in this thread again, i just have on thing i'm curious about: are you guys "out" with your pony fandom? like, you talk about it in real life and represent it as a part of your identity? i know it sounds like trolling, but i'm really just curious /former sociology major
I have pony avatar on Steam, a pony wallpaper on my phone and I wear my PonyGAF shirts on occasion, but other than that I don't particularly "advertise" being a fan. Most of my RL friends know that I watch the show and I'll talk about it if the topic comes up or if someone asks. I do follow the fandom more than I have for other shows before, but I still wouldn't say it's a big part of my identity or anything.

Ashenai said:
She worked on all of the S2 episodes, though. Plus, Jayson Thiessen, the supervising director, seems like a really smart and savvy dude. The ponies are in good hands!
This. It's not like Faust was single-handedly responsible for making the show as good as it is.

Nishastra

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Hey is there a Ponython scheduled for tonight?
I think we're just continuing the synchtube as usual? There's a new Friendship is Witchcraft, and then we're going to watch something hideous.

Glad to see that Ponies can exist back in the OT like they should.

But damn, so many super similar avatars in here. The same pony but with one small difference around them. Quite confusing.

McNum

PhoncipleBone said:
Glad to see that Ponies can exist back in the OT like they should.

But damn, so many super similar avatars in here. The same pony but with one small difference around them. Quite confusing.
It's the traditional PonyGAF celebration. New thread? New season? Time to bring out Belle Eve. It's temporary.

UberTag

Switching back to my Bruins skating pony for the week... unless I get the compulsion to modify Belle Eve into something 20% cooler.
Welcome back to the OT, guys!

(FYI, McNum's Xenoblade Belle avatar is awesomesauce.)

Ashenai

Neo Member
Orcastar said:
Let's hope not. I don't see why they'd want to mess with a winning formula though.

Yeah, I don't think the fanbase would have reached critical mass without the Youtube eps. Plus, Hasbro wants to sell the toys, first and foremost, and I've no doubt their finance geeks crunched the numbers and figured out that any potential advertising losses from fewer people watching the Hub are more than made up for by more people becoming fans and buying the toys because of Youtube.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hexadecimalt said:
Not transparent but slightly pleased with my clever lack-of-photoshop-skills avatar =)

Here's a suggestion. You can convert Belle Eve's name to Hex and put it on there.

42656c6c6520457665

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom