• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
blamite said:
I always thought filly Fluttershy looks weird. I think it's canse her legs seem waaay too long.
She was quite the awkward filly.

ThreeSix said:
I think you mean her being acknowledged weakens the show.

And yes, it does ;)
Noted and fixed!

n8

Unconfirmed Member
blamite said:
I always thought filly Fluttershy looks weird. I think it's canse her legs seem waaay too long.
I think they were going for something like Bambi. Young, fragile, and lanky.

Ellis Kim said:
Filly Fluttershy is best filly.
That title goes to Twilight.

Jintor

FlightOfHeaven said:
Welcome back to the OT from your long exile, MLP-GAF. I suspect the forum has become accustomed to your presence and you will no longer be accosted.

Have fun with your ponies, and as always, keep it safe!

Thanks!

jogarrr

I just realized I have less than a week to do a first season rewatch! It's been close to three months since I last saw ponies. I forgot how much fun this show is to watch. :D

I think Twilight Sparkle is my favorite pony now.

Rainbow Dash is such a jerk.

Auuggghhh.. This scene is almost too much for me to take. Fluttershy at her best.

Pinkie Pie is a very close second behind Twi for best pony.

Edit: Oh wait. Giggle at the Ghostie. Pinkie upgraded to best pony.

shaowebb

New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week!

*does a little dance around computer*

Its like a present for completing mid terms! Now if they will just release those awesome figurines from Canada with the plastic hair in the states for me to buy up life will be perfect.

Theonik

shaowebb said:
New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week! New ponies next week!

*does a little dance around computer*
GrD2O.gif

Oh sweet, it's back. Ashamed to say I lost interest in the community aspect a little after Season 1 ended and the thread was moved, but I'm looking forward to season 2 all the same.

All the good shows are starting in Sept, can't wait.

Edit: why is DrForester the OP? What happened to Myke?

Mechanical Snowman said:
Myke is really busy with stuff outside of GAF and Doc will be able to keep it updated as we go forward. Plus the OP is still mostly just what he wrote before anyways.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Mechanical Snowman said:
Oh sweet, it's back. Ashamed to say I lost interest in the community aspect a little after Season 1 ended and the thread was moved, but I'm looking forward to season 2 all the same.

All the good shows are starting in Sept, can't wait.

Myke is.. busy with other things. You will see soon enough :>

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
blame space said:
you know what hooked me on the show

the ponies and the target market of ten year old girls
I'm only watching it because it's the counter-cool thing to do!

jogarrr said:
I agree with Chuck. If you want to be introduced to the show properly it's worth watching the first two episodes before watching one of the other recommended episodes.

Also, they may not be a good indication of the theme of the other episodes but I like the first two episodes a lot.
But the first two episodes are shit.

EatChildren said:
http://h5.abload.de/img/0368_3jrs.gif
EatChildren
Will Belle Eve
While PonyGAF Watches
(Today, 02:52 AM)
Reply | Quote

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mechanical Snowman said:
I am here. Hold on your ponies. It's just that I got involved in a different PonyGAF group project that we would like to keep away from public scrutiny for the time being. Some other well-known PonyGAFfers are also in, but for some reason, this seems to have affected my availability and willingness to post in the threads the most. But the first results of our work will be revealed pretty soon, trust me. Until then, I am sorry for my absence.

AdawgDaFAB said:
Myke is really busy with stuff outside of GAF and Doc will be able to keep it updated as we go forward. Plus the OP is still mostly just what he wrote before anyways.
Outside of GAF? I beg to differ. :(

ChuckNoLuck said:
What you have before your eyes, is the exact, precise moment when the show clicked for me. I can't remember of any moment on anything I've seen that caused me a bigger mental break-"DAAAAAAAAWWWW".

Orcastar

Bufbaf said:
Myke is.. busy with other things. You will see soon enough :>
Yes, soon... Soon you will all see! Muahahahahaaaaa!

Also, while I love Party of One and think it's one of the best episodes of the season, I agree that it's a terrible first episode to show someone looking to get into the show. I'd go with either the pilot or Dragonshy.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Myke Greywolf said:
What you have before your eyes, is the exact, precise moment when the show clicked for me. I can't remember of any moment on anything I've seen that caused me a bigger mental break-"DAAAAAAAAWWWW".

Same here. When I saw the Fluttershy scene in episode 1, I knew I would have to watch the rest.

Myke Greywolf said:
Outside of GAF? I beg to differ. :(
I meant outside of the thread itself ;). Of course I know that it very much involves PonyGAF ^__^.

Quinnjaminn said:
Same here. When I saw the Fluttershy scene in episode 1, I knew I would have to watch the rest.
I was already convinced from Myke's OP in the first OT thread, but yeah. That FS scene sealed the deal for me too.

Firehead

Contemplating purchasing a TF2 server for our game nights, so we won't have to deal with anything like what happened last night (which I heard was pretty terrible).

Just need to poll the average amount of ponygaffers that play on 'em and need to know if people will actually play in it, outside of the usual Saturday games. (Might also need to set up some donation type thing to keep the server going :X)

CassSept

TF2 games are played usually by US Gaffers, right?

This was the exact moment where I couldn't resist it any more and went into Pinkie Pie-esque breakdown. The rest is history.

Orcastar

I really liked the pilot episodes. They're not the best episodes of the season, but definitely nowhere near the worst either.

Firehead said:
Contemplating purchasing a TF2 server for our game nights, so we won't have to deal with anything like what happened last night (which I heard was pretty terrible).

Just need to poll the average amount of ponygaffers that play on 'em and need to know if people will actually play in it, outside of the usual Saturday games. (Might also need to set up some donation type thing to keep the server going :X)
I think we need to start organizing TF2 nights on other times too to justify our own server. Also the US/EU divide would be problematic...

OMG Aero

Confused101 said:
Correct.

Did you say Fluttershy image spam?
ChuckNoLuck said:
Some Fluttershy gifs because Fluttershy.
Well, pack up the thread folks. We've already reached the best page.

Speaking of Fluttershy, if anyone missed it last night here's the new episode of the Friendship is Witchcraft abridged series which is statistically proven to be the best abridged series and also has my favourite fan interpretation of Fluttershy.
Firehead said:

I thought the server last night was fun. There's a certain charm to running around blowing people up to French versions of pony songs and if you didn't like the voice chat you can literally press ESC and click one button to open the mute menu.
Having our own server would be cool but unless we organise games on other days of the week and people actually show up to them, it would only get used on one day.

*Has a Huelen moment* Those green eyes man, THOSE GREEN EYES! ... *Shiver*

Last night's TF2 session was annoying for me. Especially because I didn't know how to mute mics until I was helped in the chat. Besides the mic crap I still found the last few weeks to be funner. Then again, I only play TF2 because of PonyGAF, so playing with a ton of random strangers yelling into the mic and blaring loud music wasn't my idea of a good time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
TouchMyBox said:
The show doesn't get really good until Dragonshy. The first six episodes were enjoyable though.

Hey now, episode 3 makes a good alternative character introduction (not as good as 1 and 2 in that department, but does the job for a single ep), and Applebucks shows Jack's dedication.

Theonik

Missed TF2 last night. Had to pull an all-nighter so couldn't make it. On the positive side I fixed my internet and It's 300% faster now to boot. Hurrah!
By the sounds of it TF2 wasn't so nice last night though. A ponyGAF server would be nice but it depends on how many people would play Vs the cost of running one. Though if we play more often and it makes it easier to find PonyGAF members i'm definitely in.

DrForester said:
I'd say the top 3 introduction episodes would be "Sonic Rainboom", "Dragonshy", and "Swarm of the Century".

No secret that I don't like "Party of One" very much, but I can understand why others would. That being said I think it would make for a terrible introduction episode. It does not have good moments with all the characters, and even Pinkie Pie is taken to pretty "out of character" extremes that don't really fit.

Sonic Rainboom, Dragonshy, and Party of One are all terrible introduction episodes because you have to know and like the characters to enjoy them. Swarm of the Century and Bridle Gossip are the best episodes that rely on the whole case and don't require familiarity to be good.

Orcastar

Amibguous Cad said:
Sonic Rainboom, Dragonshy, and Party of One are all terrible introduction episodes because you have to know and like the characters to enjoy them. Swarm of the Century and Bridle Gossip are the best episodes that rely on the whole case and don't require familiarity to be good.
I agree with you on Sonic Rainboom and Party of One, but I think the start of Dragonshy gives new viewers a pretty good idea of each pony's personality. Obviously you get more out of the episode if you're already familiar with everyone, but I'd still say it's a good introduction.

Orcastar said:
I agree with you on Sonic Rainboom and Party of One, but I think the start of Dragonshy gives new viewers a pretty good idea of each pony's personality. Obviously you get more out of the episode if you're already familiar with everyone, but I'd still say it's a good introduction.
The main thing I took away from Dragonshy was that Fluttershy is best pony and that she is a badass.

Didnt we have already an agreement in community that Dragonshy or the two first episodes are the best introducotry ones with an extense explanation of why?
And that neither Party of One nor Sonic Rainboom worked as introductory even is they are incredibly good?

TouchMyBox said:
But why are they so mean to the dragon?

Where else is he supposed to go? :(

To destroy Philydelphia, all the shit happens to phllydelphia in this show :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
TouchMyBox said:
But why are they so mean to the dragon?

Where else is he supposed to go? :(

Well, lets be honest, they're all pretty big Jerks to Spike. Pinkie didn't even invite him to Gummy's Birthday party or after party, party.

Jarmel said:
Just finished Season 1. I am in love with Princess Celestia, A+ class troll.

Every time someone calls her a troll, Fluttershy cries.

Might as well get it done in this thread. Celestia is pretty much like Dumbledore. She'll point Twilight and the gang in the right direction, but wants to let them overcome problems themselves.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
SpacePirate Ridley said:
To destroy Philydelphia, all the shit happens to phllydelphia in this show :lol
It's Fillydelphia! The name puns, don't forget them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom