• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the plan. I'm not sure what else Aero has on the docket, but, as long as it's online by then, S2 Ep 1 is for sure. There are 9 hours between the episode airing and the synch time so surely there will be a good upload by then.

AdawgDaFAB said:
That's the plan. I'm not sure what else Aero has on the docket, but, as long as it's online by then, S2 Ep 1 is for sure. There are 9 hours between the episode airing and the synch time so surely there will be a good upload by then.

Oh, that sounds awesome. Will be there!
Hope people dont try to spoil in the synctube.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Oh, that sounds awesome. Will be there!
Hope people dont try to spoil in the synctube.
Whoever mods the synch should boot anyone who mentions spoilers >_<. If any are brought up I'm just going to full screen the video and not read the chat at all. I've went all this time without getting spoiled. I'm not gonna let it happen at the last minute.

Literally the only thing I know about S2 is the name
Discord

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AdawgDaFAB said:
Whoever mods the synch should boot anyone who mentions spoilers >_<. If any are brought up I'm just going to full screen the video and not read the chat at all. I've went all this time without getting spoiled. I'm not gonna let it happen at the last minute.

Discord

Egophiliac has already posted a art piece of Twilight and Discord's epic battle.

iZcOn.png

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
For tomorrow's synchtube, how will we fill it? We usually had 2 episodes + fan videos, so the total stream was a little over an hour. Since we only have one episode tomorrow, will we keep it short and go straight into TF2, or add more fan videos? Right now I'm struggling to choose between watching early in the morning, or waiting until I can meet up with a friend and watch the synchtube.

OMG Aero

AdawgDaFAB said:

Discord
Moderators can ban people from the chat and I'll be doing that if I see any, but if you hover over someone's name in the member list in the chat you can mute people yourself which means you won't see what they type in the chat.
But if anyone here is going to watch on the Synchtube I highly recommend that you don't watch the episode at all before then. Part of the fun of our stream of The Best Night Ever was that practically no-one had seen the episode so we all got to experience the surprises together.
Quinnjaminn said:
For tomorrow's synchtube, how will we fill it? We usually had 2 episodes + fan videos, so the total stream was a little over an hour. Since we only have one episode tomorrow, will we keep it short and go straight into TF2, or add more fan videos? Right now I'm struggling to choose between watching early in the morning, or waiting until I can meet up with a friend and watch the synchtube.
I'm still planning on putting a few fan videos in the playlist as usual, but I'm not going to put a ton of them before because that would be annoying and not a ton afterwards because people don't usually stick around long after it finishes.
The episode is going to be 22 minutes long so expect the whole thing to last between 30 and 40 minutes.

And since no-one seemed to object to the stream being an hour early, this is the time tomorrow's Synchtube will be at.

Orcastar

Hooray for earlier synchtube times! Still miffed I'm gonna miss tomorrow's though...

Anyway, this page needs more fanart. HUMAN PONY FANART!

In Equestria, ponies yadda yadda yadda.
Actually that's the only human pony I'm gonna post this time, but have some pony pony fanart too.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Reading so much about how Faust really hates how they tackle girl shows now and how she wanted to improve this situation it makes me really sad how cartoon network and Boing in Spain want to get rid of this show as soon as possible. One by putting it in a channel where its only for kids of 1 to 3 years, and the other because it was probably bought in the same bag with Transformers prime by Boing because they wanted TP, but not MLP, but hasbro forced them to buy the two, so they decided to do ads for TP and put it at really good hours for kids (and even grown ups) to watch it, and send MLP to the abyss of 7 am during weekends (when people are sleeping) and 10:30 am during weekdays (when kids are in school), surrounded by shitty preschooler cartoons and shows.
And the dub being mediocre is also Cartoon Network Spain's fault because they thought they had a shitty show and didnt give it the usual money and actors the usually use for their other shows.
Its really sad :(
I fully understand your frustration regarding the channel's treatment of this show. I actually regard it as kind of a latin attitude (setting things that are regarded as "embarrassing" or "undesirable" to fail), and I'm afraid that the same thing will happen when the show arrives here in Portugal.

Myke Greywolf said:
I fully understand your frustration regarding the channel's treatment of this show. I actually regard it as kind of a latin attitude (setting things that are regarded as "embarrassing" or "undesirable" to fail), and I'm afraid that the same thing will happen when the show arrives here in Portugal.

I hope you still get a better dub and translation than us Myke, the worst thing of the spanish one is the translation, but the voices dont help to make it better :(

Making right now Castillian spanish subs for the season 1 episodes, some friends at another forum are trying to make better lyrics and rhymes for the songs to add them to the subs.

Ashenai said:
Also, one of my favorite pony tumblrs is back after a long hiatus. Yay!

Thank god. The drawing style in this is SO GOOD.
And she is real Pinkie, which is a plus.

While there is no way I'm gonna miss the original airing of the episode(seriously, the new time is perfect for me, no way am I missing that), I'll be there for the synchtube for sure...(I have no problem keeping the spoilers to a minimum.)

rEIKK.jpg

Love this pic too much, can't wait to starting using it again.

jogarrr

Angel and Fluttershy being the best
New songs from Pinkie Pie and all the rest
More Scootaloo and her awesome wings
These are a few of my favorite things

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Great, just visited the OT thread and got spoiled all over - next time put the spoiler allowance in the thread title, Doc :/

I'll vote for Spoiler tags / not-embedded images, too.
vvvvvvv

Chuck

Still without luck
We need to so something about the rules for spoilers in the season 2 thread.

A lot of ponies are avoiding it, myself included, because they don't want to see posted screenshots, leaked text descriptions about episodes, or anything else that can spoil season 2 in any way.

Just because info and screens and out there, doesn't mean everypony wants to read or seem them. And in the thread where we talk about season 2, it makes it even worse.

Now, I don't think I'm on my own with this, but we still might be in the minority. I say we take a vote.

Keep the spoiler rules as they are, or change them to be more strict?

I vote making the rules very strict.

LuffyZoro

ChuckNoLuck said:
We need to so something about the rules for spoilers in the season 2 thread.

A lot of ponies are avoiding it, myself included, because they don't want to see posted screenshots, leaked text descriptions about episodes, or anything else that can spoil season 2 in any way.

Just because info and screens and out there, doesn't mean everypony wants to read or seem them. And in the thread where we talk about season 2, it makes it even worse.

Now, I don't think I'm on my own with this, but we still might be in the minority. I say we take a vote.

I agree on making the rules stricter, I'd like to visit it without being spoiled.

jogarrr

ChuckNoLuck said:

It's not like spoiler tags are hard to use or highlighting to reveal is hard to do so I think making spoilers required to be tagged is fine.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DrForester said:
Posting episode descriptions and pictures of the upcoming episodes was done in the S1 thread and no one complained, did they?

It's just the first two episodes that are really the most spoilerific ones.

I'd imagine that most of us started watching after those two episodes.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
I went to a dollar store today to grab some scissors, and I saw some MLP:FiM coloring books there. I grabbed a few, and one of them has my new favorite official vector art:

KkY61l.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pancakes said:
It's just the first two episodes that are really the most spoilerific ones.

I'd imagine that most of us started watching after those two episodes.

The episode description that's out there for #2 is probably not a spoiler once you've seen ep 1.

I'm pretty much using the same spoiler policy that's worked well in the Doctor Who (and to a lesser extent the Top Gear thread)

Narag

DrForester said:
The episode description that's out there for #2 is probably not a spoiler once you've seen ep 1.

I'm pretty much using the same spoiler policy that's worked well in the Doctor Who (and to a lesser extent the Top Gear thread)

I thought it worked out ok given you laid down the ground rules in the OP. People might've glossed over those.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
SpacePirate Ridley said:
I hope you still get a better dub and translation than us Myke, the worst thing of the spanish one is the translation, but the voices dont help to make it better :(

Making right now Castillian spanish subs for the season 1 episodes, some friends at another forum are trying to make better lyrics and rhymes for the songs to add them to the subs.
I actually did the european portuguese subtitles for the first season episodes as they aired, and I hope that I'll be able to keep doing it throughout the second season. :)

So many projects, right?

Orcastar said:
I've been thinking about this: maybe you shouldn't be comparing the number of faves to an artist who does fan art, but instead to an artist that makes plushies. What I'm saying is that plushies are generally a more niche form of art than pictures, so no matter how great Jackie's plushies are (and they really are amazing) and how much you promote them, they will always have less faves than great pieces of drawn fan art.

Think of it this way: almost anyone can appreciate a skillfully made drawing since all of us have drawn something at some point of our lives and so experienced first-hand how difficult it is and how much skill and talent it takes to draw well. However, how many people have tried making a plush toy or know anything about what making one entails? Almost nobody, so most peole don't have any kind of frame of reference for how much effort, skill and talent it takes to make something as amazing as an almost show-accurate Spitfire plushie with a Wonderbolt suit and goggles. I mean I knew that rationally thinking it must take a lot of work, but I had no idea what a painstaking and meticulous process it really is before seeing those videos.

So to sum it up, the masses don't appreciate quality plushies as much as they do quality drawings. It's sad considering how much work you two put into them, but true. Even so, I hope those videos bring you two some more recognition, because you really deserve it.
You are right, of course. My white knight stance regarding my wife is clouding my judgement regarding the attention that I think her work should get, and this may turn me into a little of a whiner, and I'm sorry if I sound annoying because of that. However, it is very curious (and slightly funny) that even something so harmless and niche as pony plushies can cause drama.

Meanwhile, I've uploaded part 3 of Making Derpy Hooves, the riveting and all-too-long tale of a woman, a plushie, and a sewing machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8NaWxcSV-s

Curious trivia: the plushie used in this segment is not the same as in the previous parts, because we had to refilm this whole part after Jackie decided that she didn't want to show up in her pajamas.

Well just a few hours away now. What sucks is, I COULD watch it before work, but my sister and I have decided to wait til we're both off and then we can just kick back, order some pizza, and bake some nice cookies and just celebrate. So even as I wake up and check e-mail and such for the morning, I'll have to steer clear of the threads.

Have fun, guys, see ya tomorrow night!

UberTag

It's a shame no one knows it there's going to be a live stream. Would have been a good excuse to wake up early.

Ah well, I'll join the Synchtube showing with the rest of you then.

jogarrr

CassSept said:
So basically 90 minutes left, right?
PONIES!
Oh boy. 60 minutes left. I haven't woke up early on a Saturday morning for cartoons in over a decade. If it was anything else I'd just DVR it and watch it later. Soooo sleepy but soooo excited.
PONIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom