• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
time_for_ponies-(n1301554958733).jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Keep the spoilers out of this thread. Just saying, some of us still wait for Synchtube etc.

jogarrr

The first vids are making their way to YouTube if anyone is too impatient to wait for SyncTube or won't be able to attend SyncTube.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
jogarrr said:
The first vids are making their way to YouTube if anyone is too impatient to wait for SyncTube or won't be able to attend SyncTube.

Thanks for the heads up.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
For people doing the synch tubes and avoiding the main thread. If you go to the OP and go to the thread guide section, you can click on the first episode title to go right to the start of discussion on the episode to catch up with discussion once you've seen it.

LOVE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO LOVE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD LOVE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE LOVE I FEEL FOR PONIES AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. LOVE. LOVE.

OMG Aero

So now that we are 5 hours away from the Synchtube, I thought I'd write a post reminding people about it and a quick introduction in case anyone hasn't used it before.

Synchtube is a website that allows people to watch Youtube videos while keeping them all in sync with each other and also letting them chat about it. At 11pm BST tonight we'll be watching the first episode of season 2 together. Although the time might not be same, I'm planning on doing this for every episode of season 2 so we can all experience it together.
Like the past Synchtube streams we've been doing between the end of season 1 and now, each stream will consist of a few fan videos before and after the episodes so expect the streams to last between 30 and 40 minutes. After the stream has finished, we usually play Team Fortress 2 and anyone is more than welcome to join us. I look for the server after the stream has finished so the IP will be posted in the Synchtube chat, in this thread and as an event in our Steam group.

Whether you watched season 1 or haven't seen any episodes before, watching the episodes together is a ton of fun so if you are interested in watching the episode you should join us on Synchtube tonight.
ZPhSB.gif

I haven't been looking in the season 2 thread so could someone let me know if that thread is just full of people who have already seen it? I'm not sure whether to post this in that thread too.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
OMG Aero said:
I haven't been looking in the season 2 thread so could someone let me know if that thread is just full of people who have already seen it? I'm not sure whether to post this in that thread too.

Yea, everyone in that thread has seen the episode. And it's also filled with unmarked spoilers, so beware.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Amibguous Cad said:
LOVE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO LOVE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD LOVE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE LOVE I FEEL FOR PONIES AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. LOVE. LOVE.
Did you just reference I Have No Mouth in a pony thread? <3

Pancakes

Ellis Kim said:
Oh, is this for people to use w/ the vector poster that was linked a while ago for MLP?

Yes, you can use the comic-con poster or any other pony picture you like.

The print quality is not too shabby either.

JXPASl.jpg

Holy fuck all the unmarked spoilers from the first episode.

I was waiting to watch it with you guys :(

Aero, can you also put the synctube link in this thread so I can be safe of spoilers?

Acerac

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Holy fuck all the unmarked spoilers from the first episode.

I was waiting to watch it with you guys :(

Aero, can you also put the synctube link in this thread so I can be safe of spoilers?
It's about 10 posts above yours. Methinks you went to the other thread. o_o

Synchtube

Here it is again for you. :)

McNum

I'm clicking my subscriptions very carefully at the moment. Need to click the right My Little Pony thread.

Just 1:20 to go. Yay.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
An excellent introduction for season 2.

Spoiler time:

- I really loved Discord, although I would have liked to know more about his back story and motivations. Is it really all only because he is a personification of chaos?
- ... No Luna again? Even though Celestia speaks a lot about her? Oh well.
- Pinkie really wanted to side with Discord. I FELT it.
- Discord nudging Applejack while talking about cheating - gold!
- You can really see that Applejack is being forced to act against her nature - she can't lie worth a damn.
- Discord has nothing on Fluttershy - he is forced to magic a character inversion out of her. But when he does it, it's brilliant. Fluttershy acting bitchy is incredible!

Can't wait for the conclusion next week, and hope they won't discard this antagonist right away - he would be an awesome recurring villain, much like that other Star Trek one. :p

Now, to subtitle!

McNum

Awesome episode, and awesome TF2. Got my first kill (not assist) as a Medic today with the Amputator. Then two more with the Syringe Gun. I didn't know Medics could do that. But when a Pyro is running at you with a Backburner, and you're out of allies, what else are you going to do? Saw to the face! In hindsight, a stupid move, but hey.

I'll post my episode comments in the season 2 thread.

Sciz

McNum said:
Awesome episode, and awesome TF2. Got my first kill (not assist) as a Medic today with the Amputator. Then two more with the Syringe Gun. I didn't know Medics could do that. But when a Pyro is running at you with a Backburner, and you're out of allies, what else are you going to do? Saw to the face! In hindsight, a stupid move, but hey.
TF2 GAF proper has at least one career medic who's absolutely terrifying with the blutsauger and guns down heavies on a regular basis. They aren't to be underestimated.

McNum

Sciz said:
TF2 GAF proper has at least one career medic who's absolutely terrifying with the blutsauger and guns down heavies on a regular basis. They aren't to be underestimated.
Yeah, I learned that today. Getting a melee kill on a Pyro as a Medic is pretty epic, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom