• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
Pandaman said:
maybe if you weren't such a downer there wouldn't be a problem.

someone needs to buy the slugbox pinup pony-girl artbook and pm it to eatchildren.

im being a downer? some of us actually liked the show because it was cute, and dont have ulterior perverse interests. The fact that so many bronies are into this crap is more than enough for me to call it a downer, and theres no way you can tell me otherwise.

brian577

Banned
McNum said:
So we have the cutest Zelda yet, and then she's turned into a pink pony. D'aawwww. I'd say she should have been a pegasus, but that'd make her bird unemployed, and we can't have that.

Shouldn't she be a unicorn since they can do magic and Zelda does magic?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Uchip said:
im being a downer? some of us actually liked the show because it was cute, and dont have ulterior perverse interests. The fact that so many bronies are into this crap is more than enough for me to call it a downer, and theres no way you can tell me otherwise.
Some of us don't hold other people to our own personal standards.

Word to the wise, your shit stinks too.

Uchip

Banned
Pandaman said:
Some of us don't hold other people to our own personal standards.

Word to the wise, your shit stinks too.

no, you're more than welcome to fap to ponies
but its so prevalent in the community that its a bit disappointing

Professor Beef said:
Yeah, but it's proportionate on the pony. :p
Good point, I guess they'd have to really make some weird looking mutant nosed pony for the SS Zelda nose.....such questionable things are probably out there somewhere.

Ikael

There are some things that just needs to happen;

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-super-pony-world.jpg

Crossover of the forever:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-get-another-book.jpg

Oh my lol:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-nope.jpg

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Amibguous Cad said:
I think it can be amusing to graft tropes onto the show that could be inserted but aren't because of the intended audience and general tone of the show. Ask Pinkamina's so great because the incredibly cheerful party animal turning axe murder insane is a trope that's easily enough applicable to Pinkie Pie, and the show even obliquely explored it in Party of One; the fandom just turned it to 11. Pinkie and Dash's interactions in Griffon the Brush Off closely enough approximate certain tropes in shojou-ai stuff from anime, despite being completely innocent, that exploring the characters in a different setting is interesting. The fanon characterizations of Luna and Celestia have little in the way of direct textual evidence for them but a lot in the way of potentially exploitable tropes that would be used in a different show with a different tone.

The best fanon's got at least its toe dipped in reality, which is why I find the woobification of Discord completely mysterious.
Congratulations, Cad! Your post made it on bronysay. :|

Thnikkaman said:
Congratulations, Cad! Your post made it on bronysay. :|

I'm a superstar, woooo!

Site's kinda run by a douche, but I'm not particularly surprised or bothered by people being douches on the internet. And besides, I can't blame people for thinking that i overthink things, because i probably do =P

Ellis Kim said:
...woobification?

What?

*searches woobification*

Well... tvtropes isn't working, but ... its this?
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=293050473675

...What. This makes me hate bad fanon even more, and agree with Cad a whole lot!

I love how adorable that ask Fluttershy tumblr is so much.

Yeah, that's what I'm referring to.

Pandaman said:
its new word day, I'm trying to figure out what 'spergy' is from the irc. >_>

It's apparently etymologically related to asperger's syndrome.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CHEEZMO™ said:
lol.

I thought the standard phrase was "aspy"?
Meanings differ depending on where you hear it. On SA, sperging is overthinking. On ED/the chans, it's making no sense whatsoever. Like Chris Chan.

Uchip

Banned
we are really poking fun at aspergers?
my friend recently took his own life with this condition, and though it might not effect you maybe you should be thankful that you are healthy

Firehead

Glad to have you back, Cheez. It just wasn't the same without you. :3

I think I got Halloween mode working on the server for the Saturday game thing. Anyone's welcome to join the server outside of Saturday, by the way.

Server IP is 75.102.34.139:27015. And be sure to join the Steam Group. You'll also find the password and any game times or events there.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
McNum said:
So we have the cutest Zelda yet, and then she's turned into a pink pony. D'aawwww. I'd say she should have been a pegasus, but that'd make her bird unemployed, and we can't have that.
She should have been a unicorn at least. You know, magic and all.

Ellis Kim

Banned
*sees link at top of page*

*clicks link*

*makes post in OT thread*

*scrolls higher on that thread*

*sees stupid shit fight*

*sees results of that shit fight slightly lower from the top of this thread*

You guys really make me want to bail out of community sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom