• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

Oh I'll make you wish you were with Pinkie Pie

Ah they should've used humanized ponies for this sophisticated ad campaign.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DrForester said:
Four Legs Good, Two legs Bad!
ahoyhoy said:
Not only are human ponies bad, but ponies that act like humans are bad as well.

LnKde.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Uchip said:
lol
shes probably seen enough creepy stuff
thats why she left the team
My honest guess is that her ability to helm a show like MLP and get such an expanded audience, got her some very nice job offers elsewhere.

Out of curiosity, have any of the VAs said anything about the community? I've seen reactions from most every other level of production but don't think I've seen any interviews with them.

Calpain

RomanticHeroX said:
Out of curiosity, have any of the VAs said anything about the community? I've seen reactions from most every other level of production but don't think I've seen any interviews with them.

During that one interview with Tara done by The Fan she actually seemed surprised that MLP had such a fan following. As Uchip said, the VAs probably don't pay much attention to the shows they act for as some of them play so many roles they don't get particularly attached to any one show I bet.

Cheerilee

RomanticHeroX said:
http://918thefan.com/2011/kanas-korner-interview-with-tara-strong/

The brony question gets asked around the 5 minute mark.

Tara Strong was completely unaware of it. The interviewer described it as sort of a creepy meme, and Tara said it was fantastic and touching, and said that she loves meeting nerds at Comic-Con.

DrForester said:
Four Legs Good, Two legs Bad!

BEraL.png

I kinda agree, though I love the Hub's mainstream push to get the show noticed. The artwork itself looks like some quick photoshop work of the official pony artwork.

burningranger

Neo Member
I can understand where Lauren is coming from, but at the end of the day, it's a fun little parody of a movie sign. It's really no different then the Equestria Girls parody imo. Just helping to keep interest in the show over the dead months until the next season airs.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Don't get the hate for the advertising. Show is locked for season 2 and they're just giving a wink in the promotion. To just completely ignore it is foolish IMO.

And I was away for 2 weeks and you ponies made a new thread and it's already over 1k posts? Jesus.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
PBalfredo said:
This Friday I'm going to be the DM of a Dungeons and Dragons game and I decided I'm going to base my adventure on Dragonshy. I'm going to have a level 5 party scale a mountain (complete with avalanche zones and gaps they must leap across) and face a sleeping dragon which has been covering the surrounding town with smoke. It will be fully possible to resolve the encounter with a successful intimidate and diplomacy check. Though I rather doubt it will come to that as the party is filled with character who stab first and ask questions never. So it will likely be Dragonshy with a party consisting entirely of Rainbow Dash.
After they all die in screaming fiery agony, show them the episode.

Keeping up with this thread is a nightmare. Haven't posted in a while.
A lot of surprises and turns this thread has taken :p
Keep up the good work bronies

Paulathon said:
I've been sick the last few days so I thought it a good time to start watching this show. I'm up to episode 12, it's neat so far though not as good as Powerpuff Girls. I suspect it's a slow burn.

One thing I find fun is coming up with alternative life lessons for Twilight Sparkle. Some of the things she reports to Celestia are totally off base. Examples:

In the 'slumber party' episode, Twilight Sparkle learns that friends can embrace one another's differences rather than let them tear them apart.
My lesson: "Don't get so wrapped up in your plans for the group that you don't notice your friends aren't having fun. And who runs a slumber party out of a fucking book, anyway?"

In the 'only two tickets' episode, Twilight Sparkle learns that things are not fun if some of your friends miss out, so best if no-one has fun at all.
My lesson: "First come, first served."

In the 'bugs multiplying everywhere' episode, Twilight Sparkle learns that she should listen to her friends' solutions, even if they make no fucking sense.
My lesson, for Pinkie Pie: "If you have a plan, clearly communicate it. Don't expect your friends to follow you blindly. If you hadn't sounded like such a lunatic this problem would've been solved much faster."

Post your own!
Fall Weather Friends, for Applejack: respect and cherish you fiend's gifts and talents; don't be jealous of them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Amibguous Cad said:
Fall Weather Friends, for Applejack: respect and cherish you fiend's gifts and talents; don't be jealous of them.

wat

It was Rainbow Dash being a dick

OMG Aero

Wolf Akela said:
What if the source is a vid?

I think a 700MB source vid would kill my PC. >_>
I use Avidemux to convert the part of the video I want into an image sequence then import those images into Photoshop to compile them into a gif.

Got q couple of my coworkers into ponies yesterday. One of em was a gril who was a fan of the old school stuff, one's in love with the art, the other is like, "am I seriously the onl tone who doesn't find this fascinating?" towhich we all responded, "yup!"

akira28

G-Fex said:
I used to go through the same thing years ago when I bought transformers.

I don't get it. The whole "put away childish things" bit. Why do they consider games and playing as something childish, and acceptable adult forms of play are drinking and lounging and gambling and golf? And also the judgement. Lady, you're the checkout lady in the electronics section of Toys R Us, I don't really need disapproving and judgmental looks for buying the new dang Transformers multiplayer shooter. Like, what do you do for fun, lady, so I can judge it? You love American Idol huh? You like Bingo? Those things make me retch, but I can accept that you find things of value. Why is that so hard, humansss?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hilariously enough, as pointed in the last thread, is that Transformers and GI Joe is just as "asinine" as MLP in the past - but somehow got through because they're boys stuff.

Be thankful Transformers have Beast Wars and Animated and MLP has FiM.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ookami-kun said:
wat

It was Rainbow Dash being a dick
it was applejack who was a sore loser over her opponent using her body to win a fitness competition.

and as far as we know, it was appejack who first cheated in the race.

we know applejack tripped over a rock because it was animated for us, but when raibow dash tripped, it wasn't shown. applejackoff fans take it on faith that twilight was right about the stump when we cant know for certain.

and lets face it, rainbow was being pretty gracious to agree to a foot race when she stends all her time flying. what more could she have done?

G-Fex

akira28 said:
I don't get it. The whole "put away childish things" bit. Why do they consider games and playing as something childish, and acceptable adult forms of play are drinking and lounging and gambling and golf? And also the judgement. Lady, you're the checkout lady in the electronics section of Toys R Us, I don't really need disapproving and judgmental looks for buying the new dang Transformers multiplayer shooter. Like, what do you do for fun, lady, so I can judge it? You love American Idol huh? You like Bingo? Those things make me retch, but I can accept that you find things of value. Why is that so hard, humansss?

No it was tranformers toys, I bought several autobots and a firetruck Optimus Prime.

And Rainbow Dash isn't a dick, Applejack deserved what was coming to her.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Captain Fish said:
Hey, Rainbow Dash Defense Force.

Keep defending the Iron Phony.
whats it like backing captain redundancy? honesty, pheh. 90% of the ponies in ponyville could have filled that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom