• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Void Insanity said:
While we are on the subject of pest pony Panda link me your old dash avatar. I claim it in the name of best pony representation.
FcsSW.png

tiff

Banned
Anyway, I finally got around to watching the first two episodes, and I can say two things for sure:
  1. The show looks pretty good fullscreen at 1080p
  2. I can see why people are put off at first. It does start kinda, uh, cheesy?
Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are great right from the get-go, though.

There wasn't that much hate. Just 2 posts. - __ -
The Dash apologists far outweigh her detractors. Unlike the recent Synchtube vote. It's pretty much the definition of a vocal minority.

Narag

Fair point. I didn't even notice the tail as I was impressed with the adaptation of the character into something larger.

Bakphoon

brian577 said:
The future princess of Equestria disagrees with you.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/058/4/1/princess_rainbow_dash_by_glamourkat-d3al5sd.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey, I searched for that one first, but couldn't find it, so i had to use an another image :(

G-Fex

akira28 said:
I was recounting my experiences, buying the latest Transformers: WFC xbox360 shooter.

well that's worse, nothing wrong with buying video games.

Oh and Cheezmo is living in 2003

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
ZealousD said:
I love all of my beautiful ponies.

Why must you hate, Cheezmo?
The hate nourishes me. It sustains me. It makes me strong.

I may look like a young man, but I'm actually 327 years old.

Hate is the true Elixir of Life, and my cup runneth over.

Take a sip, young one...

I dont hate AJ. I just like her the least.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
bakphoon's bad dream.
QuooG.png

outline's supposed to be blastoise.

only about 2 hours for this one, layer count down to only 12.
yayification.

Bakphoon

So, I found some official German MLP:FiM stuff uploaded on Youtube
(basically the ones from the Hasbro Website, but loading much faster and easier linkable)

The only thing i can say about then is "THE HORROR, THE HORROR!"
Those sound like they were from G3.5.
My only hope is now, that the actual dub will get better than this awful promo material.

BaM23.gif

WATCH THOSE VIDEOS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Official German Intro
My Little Pony: Freundschaft ist Magie [Official German Intro]

(at least Fluttershys voice seems to be ok compared to other dubs)

Meet the Ponies (Only narrator speaking in those):

Rainbow Dash

MLP:FiM Meet the Ponies - Rainbow Dash[Deutsch]

Pinkie Pie

MLP:FiM Meet the Ponies - Pinkie Pie [Deutsch]

Rarity

MLP:FiM Meet the Ponies - Rarity [Deutsch]

Fluuddershay

MLP:FiM Meet the Ponies - Fluttershy [Deutsch]

Applejack

MLP:FiM Meet the Ponies - Applejack [Deutsch]

Twilight Sparkle

MLP:FiM Meet the Ponies - Twilight Sparkle [Deutsch]

Princess Celestia

MLP:FiM Meet the Ponies - Princess Celestia [Deutsch]

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
CHEEZMO™ said:
The hate nourishes me. It sustains me. It makes me strong.

I may look like a young man, but I'm actually 327 years old.

Hate is the true Elixir of Life, and my cup runneth over.

Take a sip, young one...

Gimme a hug Cheezmo.

New avatar from Griffon the Brush-Off.

Dang, I only got 43/60. I'm terrible with episode titles since the files I use don't have the correct metadata. I missed 9 points because of that. :(

I also had a couldn't figure out how to spell Owlowiscious. The first 'i' threw me off since it's regularly spelled 'Aloysius'. I must've tried every other combination with a y where that i is.

I got all the VA's accept Andrea Libman, and missed 2 pinkie pie instruments, although I named 3 that she didn't use. The three elements of a good cheer were a huge fail for me too.

47/60. I completely blanked on Opalescence's name and didn't know any voice actors aside from Twilight's, and completely forgot the title of the episode with the Phoenix, among other mistakes.

So I took the quiz and got 50/60. I would've gotten Owlowiscious, but I just couldn't spell it. The 2 parter question is a bit messed up since AFAIK there are NO official titles for it outside Friendship is Magic Part One and Two. What really got me was not knowing all of Pinkie's instruments.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
50/60.

I missed the Owl's name, some of Pinkie's instruments, and the last element of a good cheer.

Calpain said:
56/60. Couldn't for the life of me remember who did Pinkie and Fluttershy's voice, and spelling got me on that damn owl.
Did anyone here manage to spell the name of the owl? even having him as an avatar didn't help my case, now it mocks me!
26/60 for me

Nocturnowl said:
Did anyone here manage to spell the name of the owl? even having him as an avatar didn't help my case, now it mocks me!
26/60 for me

The proper spelling of the name it riffs on, "aloysius" was acceptable to the program.

burningranger

Neo Member
46/60

A few of them were the spellings unfortunately. The rest of them I just spaced on. Episode names kind of got me too, especially those where a certain character wasn't in them.

Oh no! Co-workers regressing on their pony love after the second part of the pilot and Ticket Master. I may have to bust out Suited for Success and Sonic Rainboom sooner than I thought

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Amibguous Cad said:
Oh no! Co-workers regressing on their pony love after the second part of the pilot and Ticket Master. I may have to bust out Suited for Success and Sonic Rainboom sooner than I thought
stay the course. dragonshy will claim their souls, like it always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom