• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dark Phoenix said:
I was actually thinking of sporting a human Rarity avatar.

And now the deed is done.

NO

SHE'S MINE

YOU KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF HER

PBalfredo

rollerr2.jpg

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

2 things.

1) I had no idea that their had been a remake of my little pony...the same cartoon that produced those annoying little horses that every girl in my primary/elementary school had and would try and steal the boys action figures just to give them someone to ride. I thought all those pony avatars were just Gaffers being extremely weird.

2) I think my masculinity rating dropped 50 points just for entering this thread. No disrespect, but this is weird, creepy and emasculating. But, it makes you happy so I will now leave and pretend this thread doesn't exist.

*NB: if your female, it's fine..I'm more talking about the grown adult male side of pony-gaf.

Jintor

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
2) I think my masculinity rating dropped 50 points just for entering this thread. No disrespect, but this is weird, creepy and emasculating. But, it makes you happy so I will now leave and pretend this thread doesn't exist.

"No disrespect, but you guys are all pony-loving pansies"

Narag

Link Man said:
Hey guys, here's an image you might find useful.

http://i.imgur.com/accpR.png[/ig]

Courtesy of [url=http://tamatendo.deviantart.com/art/Pinkie-Troll-262414544]Tamatendo @ DA[/url][/QUOTE]

I do indeed have a use for this. Thanks!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
*NB: if your female, it's fine..I'm more talking about the grown adult male side of pony-gaf.
I'm curious, why are women given more leniency about watching poorly made shows?
and if you don't think the show is poorly made, whats wrong with any adult watching it?

Do you think an adult woman is more likely than an adult man to have their brain drop out of their head and go crazy for singing pink pony makeovers?

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
2 things.

1) I had no idea that their had been a remake of my little pony...the same cartoon that produced those annoying little horses that every girl in my primary/elementary school had and would try and steal the boys action figures just to give them someone to ride. I thought all those pony avatars were just Gaffers being extremely weird.

Junior member. No disrespect. See? I can do it too.

My point is that you shouldn't just come in here, lob an insult, and expect to get away with it. Especially one where you pretend to not want to give disrespect.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Rickenslacker said:
Y'know, to some, a pony avatar is weird. To me, an avatar of Bayonetta giving a footjob to Dante is weird.
4COdm.png

You could say 2+2=4 and i would have trouble taking it seriously. a very effective avatar.

Rickenslacker said:
Y'know, to some, a pony avatar is weird. To me, an avatar of Bayonetta giving a footjob to Dante is weird.

Except she isn't. It's just hard to see exactly what's going because of the size of the picture. Bayo actually has her foot gun in dantes face and is playfully pushing him away. The other foot is swinging over his crotch, not on it.

But your point still stands. Plenty people find bayonetta creepy and weird..I was going to edit my post and add "for me personally" but it's already been quoted.

Pandaman said:
I'm curious, why are women given more leniency about watching poorly made shows?
and if you don't think the show is poorly made, whats wrong with any adult watching it?

Do you think an adult woman is more likely than an adult man to have their brain drop out of their head and go crazy for singing pink pony makeovers?

But you guys aren't just watching it. I read a good chunk of the thread before I made my comment.

And are you seriously going to ask why a woman would get more leniency than a man for loving a show created for little girls?

In any case guys, I'm not trying to rag on your tastes or demonise you. You like what you like and aren't hurting anyone. The fact that it seems weird to me or anyone else is not your problem and you don't need to defend yourself.

I think I'm going to go now and let you get back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Professor Beef said:
Junior member. No disrespect. See? I can do it too.

My point is that you shouldn't just come in here, lob an insult, and expect to get away with it. Especially one where you pretend to not want to give disrespect.

Sorry..I have a habit of just saying what's on my mind, hense the username. It wasn't meant to offend.

And sorry, I'm not that bothered about my status on a online forum that the fact that you point out that I'm a junior would in any way offend me. I don't see how that could be anyway insulting.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
But you guys aren't just watching it. I read a good chunk of the thread before I made my comment.
so what are the parts that make it weirder to be a man as opposed to being a woman?

And are you seriously going to ask why a woman would get more leniency than a man for loving a show created for little girls?
Yes, Most women i know have very few interests in common with little girls.
Same with Men and boys actually.

Transformers isn't popular with adult male audiences purely on the merit of brand nostalgia, the brand is an excuse for Micheal bay to make more movies. You couldn't pay a room of men to sit and watch a modern transformers cartoon that would woo a 7 year old boy.

Pandaman said:
You could say 2+2=4 and i would have trouble taking it seriously. a very effective avatar.
Let me just say that even though you're a self-loathing Earth pony who disregards Applejack, I think you're a cool guy.

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:

Let's just get something cleared here. Being a forum for video game enthusiasts I'm sure most of us including yourself have grown up with misconceptions from others about your hobbies and whatnot. If this show actually was just another mindless cartoon "created for little girls", I guarantee you that most of us wouldn't here wouldn't have liked it. Or have these large threads discussing it. Or anxiously look forward to the new episodes.

It's just a stigma, and if you're not beyond watching cartoons in general, then this version of MLP is really no different. If you want to get a little more insight on why the show interests us and are genuinely curious on finding out then give this a watch, but I can understand the first impression this show gives and I'm not bothered that you think that.

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Except she isn't. It's just hard to see exactly what's going because of the size of the picture. Bayo actually has her foot gun in dantes face and is playfully pushing him away. The other foot is swinging over his crotch, not on it.

But your point still stands. Plenty people find bayonetta creepy and weird..I was going to edit my post and add "for me personally" but it's already been quoted.
No need to explain. I believe you. Her foot is swinging over his crotch, totally!

Xy5Ra.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom