• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
kyubajin said:
I have just one question... are all the ponies female? How do they reproduce then?
you already met Big Mac when twilight visited the apple farm. :3

word of god is they reproduce with sex.
weird i know.

kyubajin

Pandaman said:
you already met Big Mac when twilight visited the apple farm. :3

word of god is they reproduce with sex.
weird i know.
And the pegasus steeds that taxied TS to Ponyville were male too now that I recall.

PBalfredo

kyubajin said:
I have just one question... are all the ponies female? How do they reproduce then?

Also, yeh, Fluttershy is my favourite pony so far.
There are males. Just most of them are in the background. The most prominent male is Applejack's broth Big Macintosh (was he introduced during the first episode? I forget)

Now that I think about it, there aren't many named, reoccurring male ponies.

There's Big Macintosh, as mentioned
Prince Blue Blood got a preview in Ticket Master before GGG
Snips and Snails have only been seen (and not heard, thank god) in the background during S2 since Boast Busters

That's all I can think of right now

edit: I guess we heard Hoity Toity's disembodied voice in Green Isn't Your Color, but that's kinda stretching it

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PBalfredo said:
There are males. Just most of them are in the background. The most prominent male is Applejack's broth Big Macintosh (was he introduced during the first episode? I forget)

Prince Blue Blood was got a preview in Ticket Master before GGG
Snips and Snails have only been seen (and not heard, thank god) in the background during S2 since Boast Busters

you forgot mc canadian stereotype:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhthA8QFew

judhudson

PBalfredo said:

Prince Blue Blood got a preview in Ticket Master before GGG

edit: I guess we heard Hoity Toity's disembodied voice in Green Isn't Your Color, but that's kinda stretching it

And of course, Doctor Whooves.

PBalfredo

judhudson said:
And of course, Doctor Whooves.

Reoccuring but not (canonically) named.

Pandaman said:
Soarin' then. :p

That works. And I guess if we really want to get technical about it, Caramel. He was named in Winter Wrap-up and is a background pony in several episodes.

BTW, saw this in NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread
6229901232_3b5871ec3b_z.jpg

Is the IRC down for anyone else? Mibbit won't let me connect to it for some reason.

EDIT: Also, when looking for the word of god quote on reproduction, do not google image search "my little pony normal mammalian reproduction" with safesearch off.

EDIT: finally found it

OEzLE.png

Narag

Amibguous Cad said:
Is the IRC down for anyone else? Mibbit won't let me connect to it for some reason.

EDIT: Also, when looking for the word of god quote on reproduction, do not google image search "my little pony normal mammalian reproduction" with safesearch off.

It's up. I'm making bad jokes in there with nary a single "Carlos!" reply as if it were the magic school bus.

Acerac

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
Also, when looking for the word of god quote on reproduction, do not google image search "my little pony normal mammalian reproduction" with safesearch off.
Yes I'd assume searching My Little Pony and any sort of reproduction with safe search off would be a horrible idea.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Amibguous Cad said:
whoa, i hadn't seen that maid fluttershy/angel by carek before.
very nice.

Acerac

Banned
Acerac said:
Yes I'd assume searching My Little Pony and any sort of reproduction with safe search off would be a horrible idea.
Pandaman said:
whoa, i hadn't seen that maid fluttershy/angel by carek before.
very nice.
...unless you're in to that sort of thing, I suppose.

Furret

Banned
So I'm starting to drop hints for Christmas, but do we still live in a world in which there is no FiM DVD/Blu-ray and no toys that actually look like the cartoon characters?

Is Hasbro a toy company or a money-hating charity?

Acerac

Banned
Furret said:
So I'm starting to drop hints for Christmas, but do we still live in a world in which there is no FiM DVD/Blu-ray and no toys that actually look like the cartoon characters?

Is Hasbro a toy company or a money-hating charity?
There are plenty of toys that look like the characters... as long as you don't mind styling their hair.

Furret

Banned
Bufbaf said:

So all I have to do is buy the toy then pay that fan to make it look like the character it's supposed to be? I might as well just ask for socks for Christmas.

And where's the DVD? It's madness.

Acerac

Banned
Furret said:
You mean the ones like this?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uFWFf%2BGfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[IMG]

That looks nothing like Rainbow Dash.[/QUOTE]
Hence the "as long as you don't mind styling their hair" part of my sentence. :D

Furret

Banned
Acerac said:
Hence the "as long as you don't mind styling their hair" part of my sentence. :D

What are you an apologist for Hasbro? Even with the hair done right it still doesn't look much like Dashie. None of them do and that's not even mentioning Hot Pink Celestia.

Also: where is my DVD?

Furret said:
What are you an apologist for Hasbro? Even with the hair done right it still doesn't look much like Dashie. None of them do and that's not even mentioning Hot Pink Celestia.

Also: where is my DVD?
Kinda funny, to Hasbro the entire point of the series is to shell the merch, but most of the merch isn't worth getting. If they can get plushies going on like the fan creations, I think it would be huge.

McNum

Rickenslacker said:
Kinda funny, to Hasbro the entire point of the series is to shell the merch, but most of the merch isn't worth getting. If they can get plushies going on like the fan creations, I think it would be huge.
If there was an official Fluttershy plushie to buy, I don't think I'd be able to resist buying one. If it resembled her show likeness, of course.

McDonalds has the best pony merchandise but you're limited to Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Cheerilee. They are startingly accurate down to the tufting of the hair.

Narag

ReXXXSoprano said:
And in other news Faust confirms ponies have sex organs. There's no way that can go wrong, right?

Much like Twilight's social anxiety or Scootaloo's secret life as an orphan, it's best not to dwell on it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Narag said:
Much like Twilight's social anxiety or Scootaloo's secret life as an orphan, it's best not to dwell on it.

Both of those issues are actively addressed by the characters themselves in every episode they are in:

Twilight confronts her social anxieties every day, without having to resort to "magic" (aka Zoloft).

Scootaloo is actively lobbying RD to legally adopt her. It's just her chicken-esque appearance that keeps her out of Cloudsdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom