• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

...YOUR PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT!

Did it work?

Yay, it did! Not as big a difference as I thought, though, but at 80% opacity and similar backgrounds, that's probably to be expected.

tumblr_ltipanca3V1r13zcc

http://askpinkaminadianepie.tumblr....-askscootaloothesadist-tumblr-com-post-117952

A great send-off to the Ask Pinkamina blog.

Here's the tumblr post which spawned this entry: http://askscootaloothesadist.tumblr.com/post/11795247238/i-feel-tired

McNum

The funny thing about the whole transparency thing is... I'm slightly colorblind both in the yellow/green and blue/purple spectrum, so I can't see much difference either. If you were to tell me that Luna was a blue-ish shade of purple, I'd probably go along with that. But she's really dark navy blue, right?

Still, it was one of those things I had to do right, or not at all.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
McNum said:
The funny thing about the whole transparency thing is... I'm slightly colorblind both in the yellow/green and blue/purple spectrum, so I can't see much difference either. If you were to tell me that Luna was a blue-ish shade of purple, I'd probably go along with that. But she's really dark navy blue, right?
Nah, she's green.

So I got kicked from the IRC for accidentally spamming (thougght I was posting a URL, apparently I had actually accidentally copied a bunch of the prior chat and posted it). Can anyone unban me?

EDIT: nm, fixed.

McNum

RiccochetJ said:
Dammit. What am I looking for? Tell me McNum!
Luna's mane has two parts. The opaque clear blue one with all the sparkles. That's the one in most of my avatar. But the opaque mane has an outer layer that is transparent.

Basically, you're looking at the darker blue in the upper part of her mane in my avatar. And one or two pixels behind her crown, although I might edit it some more, I think I may have picked the wrong blue for that part, though. That fix is easy.

EDIT: Luna, take 3. Changed the transparent color to the one of her main mane. It's no fun to have an effect that's barely visible. Plus it cleaned up some garbage pixels near her horn.

karby

Today I learned that the horseshoes that Luna and Celestia wear are actually called 'hoof boots' and that they are really expensive.

Fitting for a princess, actually.

How is Luna different as portrayed by fanfics? I always imagined they portrayed her as emo, rambling about sadness, sins, darkness and always had a "v_v" face.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wolf Akela said:
How is Luna different as portrayed by fans? I always imagined fans would portray her as emo, rambling about sadness, sins, darkness etc.

She was portrayed as just about every personality imaginable. Fans just projected whatever they wanted onto her since there was nothing to go on.

Link Man

Banned
DrForester said:
She was portrayed as just about every personality imaginable. Fans just projected whatever they wanted onto her since there was nothing to go on.
Well, except the whole "jealousy turning her into Nitemare Moon and her wanting to cover the land in eternal night" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom