• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

86999%20-%20Hubble%20Hummingway%20derpy_hooves%20ePiSoDe_33%20fluttershy%20owl%20rainbow_dash%20season_2%20tank.png

Proof once and for all that Discord's head was supposed to be a goat.

Welcome new forum version overlords!

[QUOTE="Owlowiscious][QUOTE="Owlowiscious][QUOTE="Owlowiscious][QUOTE="Owlowiscious][QUOTE="Owlowiscious][QUOTE="Owlowiscious][QUOTE="Owlowiscious][QUOTE="Owlowiscious][QUOTE="Owlowiscious]
[QUOTE="Owlowiscious]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?[/QUOTE]Who?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
@Regulus Tera

I don't like your new avatar. I like your older ones. Until you change your avatar to something that pleases me, I will insult you whenever I quote you or directly address you

Stoopy head

Uchip

Banned
@Regulus Tera

I like your new avatar. I like the zelda ones. If you change your avatar to something that doesnt please me, I will insult you whenever I quote you or directly address you

Stoopy head

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@Regulus Tera

I like your new avatar. I like the zelda ones. If you change your avatar to something that doesnt please me, I will insult you whenever I quote you or directly address you

Stoopy head
I thought you didn't like ponies anymore? Your opinion is invalid.
@Regulus Tera

I don't like your new avatar. I like your older ones. Until you change your avatar to something that pleases me, I will insult you whenever I quote you or directly address you

Stoopy head
I don't like your avatar either.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
@Regulus Tera
Your new avatar now pleases me. You are no longer a stoopy head. I would also like a santa hat on my avatar. I want to have an avatar that pleases you. Your words hurt.

Orcastar

Yay, PonyGAF is back.

Sooo... I was just thinking randomly about how Team Celestia keeps saying that Nightmare Moon was trying to kill everypony by creating eternal night (lies and slander!), and lo and behold, Lauren goes and explains the situation. I should think things more often.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/11/lauren-fausts-nightmare-moon-banishment.html

Nightmare Moon wasn't just trying to create night (which by our human science would kill all life), she was trying to create an "era of evil". The ponies would have probably survived, as her minions.

Also, when I was thinking about things, I thought "How did all life not die out before Celestia arrived?" And then I remembered the show-provided answer. Discord.

Discord ruled over a world of chaos where physical laws were constantly changing, but all life didn't die out (unless he killed everypony sometimes, only to bring them back later). For all we know, he's responsible for ponies being brightly colored and intelligent with cutie marks and wings and horns (he's the original Brony). If Equestria is Earth, then maybe ponies were actually human before Discord arrived and started messing with the universe.

Discord probably gave Celestia and Luna their Alicorn powers randomly, at which point they decided that ponies would be happier without his rule, so they attacked and defeated him. At which point they "stopped" the ever-changing world. It's Celestia and Luna's fault that ponies need to manually operate it's basic functions like the sun and moon and the change of seasons.
Maybe in that future Earth, Discord didn't so much arrive as was born. Whether he came about through experementation or natural evolution, I'm thinking he was simply the first "ascended" human who, in addition to inhereting considerable abilities in telepathy and telekinesis from his already highly evolved human parents, was the first to be able to bend reality and affect the laws of physics simply by willing it. These powers most likely awakened when he was just a child, and so he remade the world into the kind of fairy tale land he had imagined from children's books and the bedtime stories his parents had told him.

Link Man

Banned
Maybe in that future Earth, Discord didn't so much arrive as was born. Whether he came about through experementation or natural evolution, I'm thinking he was simply the first "ascended" human who, in addition to inhereting considerable abilities in telepathy and telekinesis from his already highly evolved human parents, was the first to be able to bend reality and affect the laws of physics simply by willing it. These powers most likely awakened when he was just a child, and so he remade the world into the kind of fairy tale land he had imagined from children's books and the bedtime stories his parents had told him.

Or Friendship is Magic is a sequel to Star Trek.

judhudson

I have a question for you guys. I really hope it's something that isn't frowned upon or that shouldn't be discussed here on GAF.

I'm tempted to purchase Season 1 in iTunes. I pretty much given up hope that we'll see a boxset from Hasbro by reading the employee's replies in the official Shout! forum (the dvd company that Hasbro uses). I'm debating if I should go ahead, buy the whole season and use software to burn to disc and to make my own boxset so I can take with me with my laptop and/or portable dvd player. Is this a gray area considering I'll be spending the $50?

McNum

I have a question for you guys. I really hope it's something that isn't frowned upon or that shouldn't be discussed here on GAF.

I'm tempted to purchase Season 1 in iTunes. I pretty much given up hope that we'll see a boxset from Hasbro by reading the employee's replies in the official Shout! forum (the dvd company that Hasbro uses). I'm debating if I should go ahead, buy the whole season and use software to burn to disc and to make my own boxset so I can take with me with my laptop and/or portable dvd player. Is this a gray area considering I'll be spending the $50?
Check your local laws for that one, really. Here in Denmark it'd be fine, for instance. We're allowed to copy from one media to another for personal use, which to me, is the sane way of looking at it, but this particular point is different in various countries.

But again, check your local laws and the iTunes Terms of Service if you want to be in the clear on it. I think Apple actually recommends you taking backups of iTunes content, though.

judhudson

Thanks. I'm gonna do some research on it before I make the purchase. I really hope it's something that can be done. I used iTunes for a few movies for my iPhone, but never for a full tv series.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Bakphoon has very kindly made me a christmassy Pinkamina avatar for the holiday season! Yes, I'm using it now. Problem?

JShw6.png

She'll turn that frown upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom