• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're basically signing away their right to ever make another (of the same model), just to drive the price up a bit with some artificial exclusivity.

It already has plenty of natural exclusivity. It's a laborious handmade creation, and nobody can force this person to make one for them. If they happen to want to make another one for somebody at some point in the future, that doesn't take anything away from whoever bought the Fluttershy or buys the Rainbow Dash.

I guess they know they're never going to want to come back to a particular model, and they know how to get the most from their efforts, but it just seems like a shame to me, because what little difference there is in the payout doesn't seem to make up for the willing loss of rights. If I won this auction, I'd specifically give that "exclusivity" right back to the artist (on the condition that they not give it away to the next person).

[/rant]
1. The cutie mark is backwards compared to the show.
2. They can make it exclusive because they can make it again with the correct cutie mark :D
3. If I spent $2,400+ on a plushie I would not want to see many other people get the same plushie for $40. I'd want a refund.
4. The person is probably going to make all the ponies. All of them. So by the time the person is done making all the ponies and might possibly have a chance to make a second rainbow dash, it will be years later and the fad over. So stating what will probably happen anyways to up the price isn't a bad thing.

Orcastar

1. The cutie mark is backwards compared to the show.
2. They can make it exclusive because they can make it again with the correct cutie mark :D
3. If I spent $2,400+ on a plushie I would not want to see many other people get the same plushie for $40. I'd want a refund.
4. The person is probably going to make all the ponies. All of them. So by the time the person is done making all the ponies and might possibly have a chance to make a second rainbow dash, it will be years later and the fad over. So stating what will probably happen anyways to up the price isn't a bad thing.
Holy crap, I just realized that all of Hasbro's toys have Dash's cutie mark reversed. The artist probably used a toy for reference and never noticed the difference.

8DnRf.png

judhudson

Holy crap, I just realized that all of Hasbro's toys have Dash's cutie mark reversed. The artist probably used a toy for reference and never noticed the difference.

...Unless...maybe these are prototypes of the new stuffed versions that Hasbro is making!

One can dream, right? :(

Cheerilee

Not counting the internet ned following, how well does this show actually do?
Should probably say that the Hub network is not doing well, losing money and getting killed against well-established competitors (Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney). But Hasbro expected this, since the Hub is a startup, and they've seen a huge boost in their toy sales.

AFAIK, Transformers Prime, GI Joe Renegades, and MLP:FIM are probably the Hub's most valuable properties so far, topping the network and being able to compete with programming on the other networks.

judhudson

Too much cuteness on this page. If anyone comes across a RD pony like that or RD wearing a Christmas hat, I'm going to "pre-claim" them as avatars :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom