• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
All the arguing is killing PonyGAF harder than Human ponies or R34 ever could.
Discussions about episode themes or disagreements on character paths make this thread far more interesting than just another repository for fanart dumps would be. People starting to blame each other on shit though...

As much as I don't want the debate to continue/start again, I can't resist:

90471%20-%20advice_pony%20celestia%20meme%20Mysterious_Mare_Do_Well.png

Ikael

I personally enjoyed the last episode's polarizing reactions. One can have a polite disagreement without restorting to name calling, me thinks. I love debates, even if they heat up from time to time.

Discussions about episode themes or disagreements on character paths make this thread far more interesting than just another repository for fanart dumps would be. People starting to blame each other on shit though...

I agree! The discussions are fun, especially since everyone's points of view differ a lot between all of us.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Granted, the actual plots aren't exactly complex, but there are a lot of gags in the series that kids won't even notice. For example, would the show's primary audience notice that the end of The Return of Harmony Part 2 was a recreation of Star Wars episode IV's ending? Would they notice that Pinkie is channeling Pepe le Pew in Griffon the Brush Off?

Not to mention the Star Trek nods like Swarm of the Century and Discord.

Uchip

Banned
Case in point, that Big Mac pic you posted ain't bara standards in size (compare to my Christmas XVmon). The only time I saw Big Mac acceptable as bara is that pic where he's lifting a basin full of apples with his back facing, and even then he doesn't look like Big Mac anymore.

I found something that reminded me of you
bara?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why? Pinkie will eventually get fat if she's eating all them sweets.

I'm still troubled by those art with artists adding gloss or shine over ponies. They're ponies, they're not into rubber/plastic/latex =/

I found something that reminded me of you
bara?

Yes, but the shitty 3D model ruins it. Though I guess if you want to go technical TVTropes has bara entry.

Link Man

Banned
sexualising ponies from a childrens cartoon is "enjoying childish things" ?
seriously, you're the last person eligible to post words of wisdom imo

I have not sexualised them, the fanartists have. I have merely shared these pieces as a humorous counterpoint to the show.

Also, my quote did not exclude enjoying things of a more adult nature as well.

Adawg: I found it and posted it on a previous page here in the thread. And shared it in the chat a few days ago.

judhudson

An amazing that made this for me (and I'll be getting the mane 6, Derpy, CMC and possibly Princess Luna in the future).

6418519869_d1e40b558e_b.jpg

Ears longer as he's a mule and not a pony. Figured he'd be different from the ponies to distinguish him a little more (plus mules are cool).

akira28

I have not sexualised them, the fanartists have. I have merely shared these pieces as a humorous counterpoint to the show.

Also, my quote did not exclude enjoying things of a more adult nature as well.

Exactly. I never have, never shall, and probably couldn't clop to any sort of pony34 or any of the related fan submissions out there. I do find it hilarious that people do, and I suspect that is most of the joke, that most people are laughing at the idea, just like "in it for the plot". People aren't actually ogling ponies, they have to be mocking the idea that someone on the outside thinks that's what it's all about. But of course there's a small minority of people who have crossed the line, and that's generally ok too, I just don't find it to be representative of pony fans as a whole. I do like the extra depth that the fandom adds to the MLP world, even if most of it is make believe, hell, it's all make believe anyway. It's that sometimes that depth can be a little...deep, and you'll get that when people get involved.

That being said, stupid, sexy Rarity is forever best pony. Also..I like my human ponies cute, but I dunno about the ones in the above post...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Asian Rarity is pretty hot, dunno why you guys are ignoring her.

She's still only second best Rarity, though. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom