• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

tumblr_lpkv7vTqQE1qmyento1_500.gif

Uchip

Banned
oh lordy
theres already a lack of matchmaking in dota2 and noobs are ruining games left right and center
I hope you guys either have someone teaching you or have played a similar game :S
people are going to lay into you like no other otherwise (think xbox live but more volatile)

judhudson

Donkey Dr. Whooves?

Very close, a mule. :) Had him made as one due to already having a ton of stuffed mule collectibles to begin with, the fact that the family has three of them, and well, wanted him to be a little different then the others that I'm going to order because the Doctor is quiet different indeed!

McNum

Looks like Pinkie pie made it to round 2 on the naughty and nice thing,

and they've changed the voting slightly, 10 votes per day.

Both PP and Discord are owning atm in their catagories atm but vote anyway!

http://www.hubworld.com/hubworld/co.../naughty-or-nice/indexround1.html?adFree=true
Wow, Pinkie is tearing it up against Strawberry Shortcake. That's brutal. So, next round she faces Optimus Prime? I kind of want to see that as a crossover at some point. Looking to be a Pinkie/Discord finale, though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Why is pinkie representing the nice category, she didn't even invite Spike to her parties :(

Fluttershy or Twilight should be the pony rep.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Well honestly, does any pony qualify as more "nice" than Fluttershy?

Well, let's look at them both when they were at their respective "low points"

Pinkie got upset because she thought her friends didn't like her and were excluding her, prompting her to isolate herself instead of seeking revenge outright. She later realizes the error in making such assumptions and ends the episode with a bitchin' party.

Fluttershy tried to coerce, capture, and eventually chase around harmless critters who feared for their lives for half the episode. She then ruined the Grand Galloping Gala and didn't learn a damn thing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, let's look at them both when they were at their respective "low points"

Pinkie got upset because she thought her friends didn't like her and were excluding her, prompting her to isolate herself instead of seeking revenge outright. She later realizes the error in making such assumptions and ends the episode with a bitchin' party.

Fluttershy tried to coerce, capture, and eventually chase around harmless critters who feared for their lives for half the episode. She then ruined the Grand Galloping Gala and didn't learn a damn thing.

I think it could be argued that Pinkie didn't learn anything either. She still has crippling abandonment issues.

Cheerilee

Well honestly, does any pony qualify as more "nice" than Fluttershy?
"Nice" is just a side of the scale. Currently Pinkie's running under "Friends" with the question "Which is the best candidate for most AWESOME Friend of the Year?"

The question seems tailor made for Pinkie to win. Unless you're like Spike, and beneath her notice. When you're friends with Pinkie, Pinkie's a friend to you.

It's like how the Baroness vs Discord question asks "On a scale of general badness, which one of these villains is a 10?" If they asked for hotness, or coolness or just about anything, Baroness would probably win hands down, but they're asking for badness, so Discord wins hands down.

It's just proof that the contest is rigged, and Hasbro favors us over GI Joe.

For the Snake Eyes vs Optimus Prime question, the quality they're looking for is "heroic", when Optimus is supposed to be the embodiment of pure heroism, and Snake Eyes is an awesome badass ninja who flips out and kills people. That's Hasbro showing that they like Transformers more than GI Joe.

Now we just need to wait and see if Pinkie gets the nod over Optimus, or vice versa. The winner of the two seems likely to be matched up against Discord, so it's either going to be Pony Chaos Day or it's going to be an Optimus vs Discord battle.

Cheerilee

So apparently, as Friendship is Magic provides a realistic representation of life in Ponyville gets set to break one million views, some overeager ponies have been setting themselves a new goalpost, overtaking Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite, which is currently around one 1,070,000 views.

Well, the creator of the original didn't take kindly to either the comments or just the looming threat from the Pony version, so he commented in his thread that he wouldn't like it if a derivative (not naming names) were to get more hits than his original.

The bronies in his own audience didn't like that and downvoted his comment, which upset him even more, so he apparently started deleting brony comments from his video, and somehow a death threat may have gotten tossed into the mix somewhere.

Things seem to have cooled off, and he says he doesn't hate all bronies, just the hardcore ones, and the people who make PMVs.

Narag

Even if the derivative did surpass the original, wouldn't he gain views from folk seeking out the original that they might not have otherwise? Seems like he'd garner exposure all the same.

Guess youtube stats helps here as it says he's received 56k views just from people clicking through from the pony version.

OMG Aero

Mario Kart 7 is out today in Europe and out this weekend in America.
What does this have to do with ponies I hear you ask? Well in this version you can create your own communities which are assigned their own code (Think of it like an IP address for servers in PC games) then instead of having to add lots of people to your friends list to play with them, you just add that community code and that community is added to your online menu like a server. Then you can join that community whenever you want and play with anyone else in the room at that moment.
The Mario Kart 7 official thread has a couple of communities in the OP, but I thought maybe we could have one that we could play on and arrange games for like with the TF2 server so I just created a PonyGAF community.

If you have Mario Kart 7 or are going to get it, just quote this post and add the community code that appears here:
The Mario Kart OT hides the codes in email tags that can only be seen when you quote the post so I'll do that for now unless there are any objections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom