• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to eat

m3cvf.gif

Also wat

BnEWJ.jpg

Subitai

Any other Spurs(NBA) fans? Anyway even if you're not, bronies have surfaced on a sports blog: Teamwork is Magic. Even if you know you won't appreciate it, go there if only to keep RD from dominating the poll.

Orcastar

9w1yQ.png

Oooooh, burn. Faust does not like the Princess Cadence

That's... not good. I was hoping there would be a decent in-universe explanation for Cadence, but I guess this pretty much scratches that.

I remember reading some time ago that Hasbro had little sway over the series beyond telling Studio B to insert certain toys on occasion (like Twilight's balloon). The fact that they can design and tell Studio B to include a character (which I guess is just another toy when you get right down to it) in the show that blatantly breaks established series mythology is sad, especially since the relatively believeable world is one of the reasons for the series' popularity.

DGL2D.png

That's... not good. I was hoping there would be a decent in-universe explanation for Cadence, but I guess this pretty much scratches that.
There can still be a decent in-universe explanation, even if Ms. Faust didn't want to have to broach the subject in the first place. I mean, she's not had a whole lot of control over Season 2, beyond basic episode concepts, right? And it's turned out okay, right? (Barring some episodes being aired out of order, one episode being pulled from iTunes, and "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" in general - not like anyone at Studio B had any control over the former two.) This should turn out okay, too.

Any other Spurs(NBA) fans? Anyway even if you're not, bronies have surfaced on a sports blog: Teamwork is Magic. Even if you know you won't appreciate it, go there if only to keep RD from dominating the poll.
Rainbow's the athletic one, so that she's dominating a poll on a sports blog isn't too surprising.

I remember reading some time ago that Hasbro had little sway over the series beyond telling Studio B to insert certain toys on occasion (like Twilight's balloon). The fact that they can design and tell Studio B to include a character (which I guess is just another toy when you get right down to it) in the show that blatantly breaks established series mythology is sad, especially since the relatively believeable world is one of the reasons for the series' popularity.

DGL2D.png

Yeah I concur. However, May the Best Pet Win, I thought, was clearly an attempt to shoehorn the Rainbow Dash toy with the included turtle (now Tank) and that came out alright. I'm hopeful and optimistic even though having a new Alicorn has very different ramifications than a turtle.

The only thing that really bugs me about Cadence is the uninspired design. She looks like one of those cheap OC recolors. Who knows though, maybe that's strictly the toy design and she'll look different in the show?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The only thing that really bugs me about Cadence is the uninspired design. She looks like one of those cheap OC recolors. Who knows though, maybe that's strictly the toy design and she'll look different in the show?

Yeah that's the thing that stroke with me upon seeing her. She feels too generic.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
if faust only wanted two alicorns, she probably shouldn't have established the existence of living blood relatives.

There can still be a decent in-universe explanation, even if Ms. Faust didn't want to have to broach the subject in the first place. I mean, she's not had a whole lot of control over Season 2, beyond basic episode concepts, right? And it's turned out okay, right? (Barring some episodes being aired out of order, one episode being pulled from iTunes, and "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" in general - not like anyone at Studio B had any control over the former two.) This should turn out okay, too.

The show's still been good, but I don't think there's any denying that coherent world-building has taken a step back from S1, and it probably has to do with Faust's departure.

Well, I suppose. I mean, the two "history" episodes we had recently did sort of contradict previously established details. Ponyville was founded hundreds of years ago in "Winter Wrap-Up", but in "Family Appreciation Day" Granny Smith was privvy to it, so just how old is she...? Also, no Discord or alicorns in "Hearth's Warming Eve", which begs the question of how any of them entered the picture. Although, at least, both were pretty well-done episodes regardless, "Family Appreciation Day" in particular.

Psxphile

The night is quiet, the streets are calm,
In this house my beloved once lived:
She has long since left the town,
But the house still stands, here in the same place.

A man stands there also and looks to the sky,
And wrings his hands overwhelmed by pain:
Upon seeing his face, I am terrified--
The moon shows me my own form!

O you Doppelgänger! you pale comrade!
Why do you ape the pain of my love
Which tormented me upon this spot
So many a night, so long ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom