• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Aero said:
At the risk of looking like an idiot, where is the crank for the well when you get to the house in the dark woods? I got to that part and couldn't find it so I couldn't get any further.
It's in the house that the one pony is at who is trying to find the gift for his girlfriend.

OMG Aero said:
At the risk of looking like an idiot, where is the crank for the well when you get to the house in the dark woods? I got to that part and couldn't find it so I couldn't get any further.

After you get the present for the guy, he moves and you can go in the warehouse behind him. It is in there.

tiff

Banned
I saw moral of Feeling Pinkie Keen as less "God is real kids" and more "You don't have to understand the curvature of spacetime to accept that things fall towards the earth when you drop them."

tiff said:
I saw moral of Feeling Pinkie Keen as less "God is real kids" and more "You don't have to understand the curvature of spacetime to accept that things fall towards the earth when you drop them."

The moral of the story is: Fuck you, that's why.

Jintor

Zombie ponies are incredible. I was legitimately a little scared. 8-bit sprites leave enough room for imagination.

Ikael

Jintor said:

This is godly. The writting is spot on, the animations are cute, and the end game is creepy as fuck. A good example of "less is more".

Ah, now I want FiM RPGs. Also, any news about the conversational adventure that some guys were working at on Devianart?

Ikael said:
Ah, now I want FiM RPGs.
I've been feeling this way since the first 8bit remix I heard. Give me a fun, RPG w/ a Grandia type adventure vibe and Paper Mario / Mario & Luigi style humor / battles and I'd be super happy.

Ikael said:
Also, any news about the conversational adventure that some guys were working at on Devianart?

Are you talking about http://kreoss.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d38gzqu or something else? All I know is that Kreoss is one of the animators on the show and is working on that game in his spare time, with no recent updates since S1 ended. On May 7th he wrote:
"Anyways about the My little Pony game I'm making. I have already done Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash's model and am now giving them expressions and different outfits. I might post a few previews in my DA sooner or later. The new cartoon I'm working is really taking up my time to draw and do the game. Hopefully I'll be able to get some of it done and post at least the character models. "

tiff said:

All I got from that episode was "TWITCH-A-TWITCH... TWITCH-A-TWITCH!!!"

Narag

Pandaman said:
don't forget the lalalalalala

Also:
1lVTW.png

Calpain

OMG Aero said:
Now on the topic of the contest, I got 12 entries and while I was waiting to get in the TF2 server I gave each entry a number and put them through a random number generator to determine a winner and the number that came up was 7 which means that Calpain wins the prize which is a Steam copy of Puzzle Agent! I already sent you a friend invite on Steam Calpain, so as soon as you accept I can send you the game.

Thanks much Aero for the generosity and for hosting another great Synchtube! I just added you on Steam.

Jintor said:
Guys, guys, guys.

Ponies, NES style
Oh yeah, I saw that last night and posted it a couple pages back. Glad to see it got noticed in your repost, Jintor, because it is actually really good for the length.:)

Dai101

Banned
PBalfredo said:
So watching the synctube today got me wondering. How important is the fact that all the MLP episode are freely available on Youtube to the rather unprecedented growth of the fandom?

Quick survey, how many here got their first taste of MLP on youtube as opposed to catching it on TV? I expect it would be the grand majority, if not everyone.

I. i captain. But to tell the truth i only watch MLP FiM in youtube because even i own a
notsolegal
Dish Network equipment (don't ask) i don't have the HUB. So my only source of ponies is yotube, which takes me to the first part of your post. Hasbro aknowledges that the series is streaming for free in youtube, but for them is just free advertising for the MLP brand. I've not know any account (other than MAST3RLINK, but that always looked more than a snitch claiming to be hasbro than Hasbro themselves) that had deleted or have to remove their videos for a infridgment. I hope it stays this way for the rest of the series duration

BTW. Thanks guys, you're the best ;__;

8ylcG.jpg

I don't have cable; I only use my TV for video games, so I couldn't watch the majority of the episodes as they aired for the first time. I did manage to catch a few of the first ones though live, which was fun.

I actively avoided the youtube versions. The earliest ones weren't usually the best quality, so I just made due with other methods.

Oh, but the question was about first taste. Hmmm, nope, first exposure to the show definitely wasn't youtube or the hub.

G-Fex

Day 30 - Pony gaf talks and blabbers on about fluttershy being cutest and stupid pony stuff.

Day 45 - Pony-Gaf again argues about humanized ponies, this time ending not so friendshiply

Day 65 - More fighting occurs within the pony gaf thread, leading to cancellations of Synctubes due to more fighting and arguing, people being put on ignore lists and finally the thread being locked.

Day 94 - OT2 is finally made after season 2 begins, but Pony gaf is so broken up the thread doesn't past 2 pages and finally pony gaf dies out not with a roar or fighting off trolls but with a hushed whimper.

So, I'm spending the weekend over at a friend's place and had to miss Synchtube. I wish I was there to help push Sonic Rainboom toward the best episode status, although another 5 vote probably wouldn't've done it. :)

Anyway, my buddy has an industrial laser in his house for his wife's business. I guarantee you this is at least 20% cooler than anything else it's produced yet:

(on top of my iPad to show scale)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
G-Fex said:
Day 30 - Pony gaf talks and blabbers on about fluttershy being cutest and stupid pony stuff.

Day 45 - Pony-Gaf again argues about humanized ponies, this time ending not so friendshiply

Day 65 - More fighting occurs within the pony gaf thread, leading to cancellations of Synctubes due to more fighting and arguing, people being put on ignore lists and finally the thread being locked.

Day 94 - OT2 is finally made after season 2 begins, but Pony gaf is so broken up the thread doesn't past 2 pages and finally pony gaf dies out not with a roar or fighting off trolls but with a hushed whimper.

Awwww. I love you too G-Fex.

Hugs.

Narag

G-Fex said:

Can you still be king of ponies if you're the only pony left?

Dai101

Banned
G-Fex said:

Day65 is everyday here at the pony tread

Oh G-Fex, you so Tsuntsun

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
G-Fex said:

I wish you could evolve into H-Fex. His trolling ability is much higher.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
G-Fex said:

Still be two pages longer than any Yugioh thread.

Calpain

Adelor Lyon said:
So, I'm spending the weekend over at a friend's place and had to miss Synchtube. I wish I was there to help push Sonic Rainboom toward the best episode status, although another 5 vote probably wouldn't've done it. :)

Anyway, my buddy has an industrial laser in his house for his wife's business. I guarantee you this is at least 20% cooler than anything else it's produced yet:

(on top of my iPad to show scale)

Wow, I've got to admit that is pretty awesome!

Valygar

Quick survey, how many here got their first taste of MLP on youtube as opposed to catching it on TV? I expect it would be the grand majority, if not everyone.

Well, I think I cannot watch it on my country (not really sure), but if I had had to download the episodes from somewhere, or wait until a certain hour to watch in the TV, I wouldn't have even tried.

With the episodes on youtube (with HD!) I had watched them whenever I wanted to in an amazing quality. It has been a huge plus to watch the series for me, because I'm very lazy for things like this.

PBalfredo said:
So watching the synctube today got me wondering. How important is the fact that all the MLP episode are freely available on Youtube to the rather unprecedented growth of the fandom?

Didn't notice this before, Youtube, I don't get the Hub. Actually, I never even heard of the channel until this thread.

Nishastra

Banned
PBalfredo said:
I don't really watch TV. I do have the Hub and once I saw a few episodes on Youtube I started watching them "live", but that's beyond unusual for me :p

Them being on Youtube was incredibly convenient. The Hub isn't exactly huge, so I'm sure a lot of people would never have seen the show if Hasbro had fought to keep it off of Youtube.

How About No said:
Didn't notice this before, Youtube, I don't get the Hub. Actually, I never even heard of the channel until this thread.
No shame in that. I don't think the channel existed before this show.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Saw this Persona 4 parody on Reddit. I thought the editing was very well done.

Ponysona 4

I only watch TV for sports and Burn Notice. I had never heard about the Hub before MLP.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
PBalfredo said:

Which would stand to reason. If someone were to ask "What's the deal with all these ponies" and the answer is "Well, if you have cable, watch channel X at time Y and etc" then the person's interest is unlikely to be sustained long enough to make the effort to catch the show when it is on. However, when the answer is "click this link" and the person is taken immediately to an ep on youtube, then that person is already on the road to bronidom.

If youtube is a big contributor to the growth of MLP fandom, could the same be applied to increase the fanbase of other shows? Even if it could, how would a show translate internet fans watching free episodes into an income source. MLP is a unique case because the show is Hasbro's vehicle for advertising their toy line, rather than aiming for ad revenue like most shows (even then I wonder how many bronies are going out and buying pink Celestia dolls).

The show hasn't started airing in my country, so my first contact with a full episode was through Youtube. I do agree with regarding the importance of its availability on its popularity, especially considering the online communities where the fandom first started (4chan). I think this may become a very important case study for viral marketing.

Dai101 said:
Oh. Did i mention today is my birfday??? YAY!!!!
I don't know if I'm late, but happy birthday to you. :)

brian577 said:
Can somebody clear this up for me? I read from a couple of sources that the whole fandom started because of this one article that bashed the show and other current animated programs.
Amid Amidi is notorious for being animation's biggest grumpy gus*.
When this was posted the show was still kind of brand new, and it gave it some exposure well outside of the audience that would normally have noticed it, among them are probably some cynical 4chan/SA members who probably went "Well if Amid doesn't like it then it MUST be good" or just liked the art style and didn't know a new Lauren Faust show was airing.
I think people like to say that the article was the tipping point for the show beginning it's slow explosion just because it's exactly the type of thing that would grind Amid's gears.

*worth noting that he makes amazing art books, and the other main contributor of the site (Jerry Beck) is a fantastic human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom