• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calpain

Ookami-kun said:
I don't like doujin girls =/

So still no ETA on Season 2 first airing? I hope they're able to do so without Hub going kaput.
No official ETA, but Thiessen thinks a fall release is likely, so no waiting till December like some have suggested. As for the Hub, it seems to be doing fine for a small network. Whenever I catch a Neilsen report they keep talking about growth so that's good. Plus back in early March when Hasbro announced a bunch of stuff at one of their conferences they did mention that the Hub had picked up more advertisers so that seems like good news.

DrForester said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFiYdWOt41s
Haha, awesome!

Orcastar

CHEEZMO™ said:
Tervetuloa(?)

Kiitos! :D And thank you Calpain and Myke for the welcome as well!

Calpain said:
Thanks for sharing, Captain! I've been following Siansaar on the Discord stuff and was very impressed by it. I continue to be surprised by how much talent there is out there working on stuff based on the show.
I've never seen so much artwork, videos, music, ect created in such a short of time and of such high quality. Something about the fanbase, the show or both seems to highly motivate people.

I have to agree, it's astounding how much content the fans are producing. Then again I've never really followed any other fandom before so I don't have anything to compare MLP to, but it still feels pretty overwhelming. I currently have over 70 videos on my Youtube "watch later" list and I'm adding more almost every day from EQ alone. Good thing I don't read fanfics; otherwise ponies would take up all my free time...

OMG Aero

There's about 3 hours to go until tonight's Synchtube and I was just wondering whether anyone fancied having some games of TF2 after it finishes? The few games we had last week were pretty fun and if enough people want to do it we could turn this into a weekly event after each stream too.

Also if you have a Steam account and like video games then there is even more incentive to watch tonight's stream as I have a game I'm going to be giving away. And this is actually a good game too, not just a random game featuring ponies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Calpain said:
No official ETA, but Thiessen thinks a fall release is likely, so no waiting till December like some have suggested. As for the Hub, it seems to be doing fine for a small network. Whenever I catch a Neilsen report they keep talking about growth so that's good. Plus back in early March when Hasbro announced a bunch of stuff at one of their conferences they did mention that the Hub had picked up more advertisers so that seems like good news.

Didn't they file a report of debt?

Bakphoon

OMG Aero said:
There's about 3 hours to go until tonight's Synchtube and I was just wondering whether anyone fancied having some games of TF2 after it finishes? The few games we had last week were pretty fun and if enough people want to do it we could turn this into a weekly event after each stream too.

Also if you have a Steam account and like video games then there is even more incentive to watch tonight's stream as I have a game I'm going to be giving away. And this is actually a good game too, not just a random game featuring ponies.

I installed TF2 again only because of ponyGAF, so i will join the after-synchtube fun :)

Orcastar said:
Whoa, I am invisible no more. Hello PonyGAF!

Damn, I've been waiting for five months to post here but now that I finally can, I don't really know what to say. Guess I'll start the traditional way:

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Twilight
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Fluttershy
5. Rarity
6. Applejack

Also, human ponies are ok in my book, as long as they're tasteful.

Welcome to the thread!

Nishastra

Banned
OMG Aero said:
I'd be happy to. I still haven't actually played it at all, though it is installed now :p

I might have to join a bit late, though. We'll see. There's usually something I have to do right around when the synchtube ends...

Calpain

Ookami-kun said:
Didn't they file a report of debt?
Last I heard about the finances for the Hub it was that they were doing a revaluation of the worth of the company. As for debt, I don't really doubt that as they are less than a year old and it must take a lot of start up capital to get a network going.

Also, one thing that keeps me from worrying are some quotes from Hasbro's first quarter report. They indicate that while the Hub did loss $2 million during that time, Hasbro made a profit of $22.8 million and that their mood toward the Hub can be summed up as thus: 'Overall, we remain on track for our long term plan in respect to television.'.

So I think as long as Hasbro continues to make a profit off toys and such they'll continue to support the Hub Network. Assuming the increase in toy sales makes up for any loses the network may have if it never turns a profit.

OMG Aero said:

TF2 is reinstalled and updated. I look forward to having my ass kicked by you all.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Bakphoon said:
I installed TF2 again only because of ponyGAF, so i will join the after-synchtube fun :)
I'm at my parent's home right now over the weekend, so I'll only have the crappiest pc on earth, but I'll try to join just for the fun of it ^^

Songbird

Prodigal Son
OMG Aero said:

I'm not sure if I'll have the energy for TF2, but I'll hang around for the Synctube and prize giving. And who says Firehead's pony game isn't awesome? Not like I had to a chance to find out or anything... Grr.

McNum

I'm not going to be joining the TF2 game, even though I'd like to, but I need to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow. I'll catch the episodes and then go to sleep, I think. Should be a good way to end the day.

By the way, how ping sensitive is TF2, anyway? I'm from Denmark, so I'd probably be playing across the Atlantic for any server you choose. That's okay for MMOs, but TF2 might be pushing it.

tiff

Banned
OMG Aero said:
I don't really play online games but I'd love to try playing with you guys :3

Songbird

Prodigal Son
McNum said:
I'm not going to be joining the TF2 game, even though I'd like to, but I need to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow. I'll catch the episodes and then go to sleep, I think. Should be a good way to end the day.

By the way, how ping sensitive is TF2, anyway? I'm from Denmark, so I'd probably be playing across the Atlantic for any server you choose. That's okay for MMOs, but TF2 might be pushing it.
It's not too bad... On GAF's shaky server in the US I managed to get around 100 ping. I'm in the UK and it caused no real problems.

Ed: Hot damn, just checked the Steam store after getting friend invites. Darksiders for £5? Sweet. Fable Thwee for £15...

Narag

Steam sale week! aw yeah

Thnikkaman said:
I'm not sure if I'll have the energy for TF2, but I'll hang around for the Synctube and prize giving. And who says Firehead's pony game isn't awesome? Not like I had to a chance to find out or anything... Grr.

Teehee.

McNum

Thnikkaman said:
It's not too bad... On GAF's shaky server in the US I managed to get around 100 ping. I'm in the UK and it caused no real problems.
Then maybe I'll join for TF2 next time. I'll just play a Soldier, Heavy or Pyro, I think. Never actually played TF2 against anything but bots before. But I think I should at least try out the gun I won off the Heavy in Poker Night at the Inventory. Poor guy seemed really sad when I took it. I'll let him borrow it when I play.

Yeah, another reason I can't play TF2 tonigh is that I've got Darksiders downloading. I can still watch Youtube videos with that running, I checked, but it seems like a bad idea to play FPS games with a 500+B/s download running in the background. Stupid Steam sales. I never make it through one of them without buying something...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'll miss today's synctube, I kinda want to go to bed :(

Have fun, guys!

Hit the co-worker with Bridle gossip, Suites for Success, and Applebuck Season today. Success! They didn't like Art of the Dress, bit other than that they loved it, even the skeptic.

Calpain

Amibguous Cad said:
Hit the co-worker with Bridle gossip, Suites for Success, and Applebuck Season today. Success! They didn't like Art of the Dress, bit other than that they loved it, even the skeptic.
Nice work man!

Uchip

Banned
4 player magicka is how its meant to be played
Im a few hours in with some friends

only problem is you keep killing each other to the point where people get pissed off at each other

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Uchip said:
4 player magicka is how its meant to be played
Im a few hours in with some friends

only problem is you keep killing each other to the point where people get pissed off at each other
The ability to purposefully or accidentally killing your friends is the hallmark of a good coop game.

Uchip

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
The ability to purposefully or accidentally killing your friends is the hallmark of a good coop game.

maybe for games like LBP
but this game turns into a grudge and progress doesnt get made :(

Dai101

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:

Told ya'. As i say before, the 2 parter pilot and ticket master are the worst episodes to show to someone who doesn't know what to expect or the ones that have the idea that FiM is the same old MLP they used to know.

Oh. Did i mention today is my birfday??? YAY!!!!

I'm late on things but this thread moves FAST:
- Another well done vid 36, you are churning these out at a crazy rate.
- Nishastra, that O_O reaction screencap is great.
- WelcomeToTheHerd.gif to Orcastar and Cad's coworkers!
- Happy Birthday Dai!

Calpain

Hmm, sorry I couldn't join you guys for TF2. I kept getting an error saying the server was full. Hopefully I might be able to join in next week then.

Anyhow, I found something you guys might enjoy. A MLP 8-bit sprite game showed up on Newgrounds. It's kind of creepy, but it gives another interesting take on the Everfree Forest.
Story of the Blank Flanks

Also, happy Birthday Dai!

SirSwirl

Neo Member
Dai101 said:
Told ya'. As i say before, the 2 parter pilot and ticket master are the worst episodes to show to someone who doesn't know what to expect or the ones that have the idea that FiM is the same old MLP they used to know.

Oh. Did i mention today is my birfday??? YAY!!!!

I'll have to start changing things, as I showed 2 friends the pilot and they weren't as impressed as I was hoping. I'm thinking of now starting off with Green Isn't Your Color or Bridle Gossip for future brony candidates.

And Happy Birthday! :)

Bakphoon

This is OFFICIAL stuff:

DBiX9.jpg

Cupcake Rings

Creepy...

On the same site:

Applejack Spoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom