• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw pics of the show here and elsewhere and really liked the art style. My love for the show started and continues to come from a place of pure sincerity.

Ikael

Are you talking about http://kreoss.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d38gzqu or something else? All I know is that Kreoss is one of the animators on the show and is working on that game in his spare time, with no recent updates since S1 ended. On May 7th he wrote:
"Anyways about the My little Pony game I'm making. I have already done Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash's model and am now giving them expressions and different outfits. I might post a few previews in my DA sooner or later. The new cartoon I'm working is really taking up my time to draw and do the game. Hopefully I'll be able to get some of it done and post at least the character models.

Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about! Aw, no news still. I hope that the project carries on, I do love conversational adventures * hugs 999 copy *

SirSwirl

Neo Member
While we're on the subject, I discovered the show here, though I never actually watched the series until I told a friend about it. After hearing Lauren Faust was involved, he tried it out, became a brony, urged me to watch it too, I eventually did, and that was that.

Never heard of HUB until I got into the show and was reading up on it, so at the same time I imagine this whole thing has helped HUB a lot as a brand as well.

I don't get HUB (sadly, because I'd watch Batman Forever whenever it is on). I found the show via the original thread. I became interested because of the title and how large the topic had gotten. Watched a few episodes and found it enjoyable.

Hey I just noticed I can finally watch MLP on English TV tomorrow, now to think of a perfectly logical excuse for when someone inevitably walks in during an episode. I already got questioned by my brother for watching Adventure Time and Flapjack so this will be a challenge.
I think it's safe to say that taking my above statement into consideration I wouldn't be here without the shows easy accessibility from Youtube.
As for why I started watching in the first place, all the pony avatars around here intrigued me with their colourful art style and humourous expressions, upon finding the original topic I was still kind of baffled, It took me a while to investigate further but i'm glad I did.

Nocturnowl said:
Hey I just noticed I can finally watch MLP on English TV tomorrow, now to think of a perfectly logical excuse for when someone inevitably walks in during an episode. I already got questioned by my brother for watching Adventure Time and Flapjack so this will be a challenge.
I think it's safe to say that taking my above statement into consideration I wouldn't be here without the shows easy accessibility from Youtube.
As for why I started watching in the first place, all the pony avatars around here intrigued me with their colourful art style and humourous expressions, upon finding the original topic I was still kind of baffled, It took me a while to investigate further but i'm glad I did.

Get a new brother...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Nocturnowl said:

MLP I can understand, but someones hating on Flapjack!?

Bzhjjm.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Nocturnowl said:
turn the tv on to something tolerable about an hour in advance and just act like you've been using the channel for background noise.

Pandaman said:
turn the tv on to something tolerable about an hour in advance and just act like you've been using the channel for background noise.
Following this plan i'm apparently set to use that CGI Garfield show for preparation, dammit why couldn't it switch times with Scooby Doo!

brian577 said:
Can somebody clear this up for me? I read from a couple of sources that the whole fandom started because of this one article that bashed the show and other current animated programs.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/the-end-of-the-creator-driven-era.html

Apparently members of 4chan didn't like the "alarmist nature" of the article and from there discovered the show. Any truth to this?
That's my understanding of how the show came to /co/'s attention, and from /co/ it spread to /b/ and then the rest of the Internet.

burningranger

Neo Member
That 8-bit Pony game was pretty neat. If they took the time, they could really flesh out a good length game. I almost felt like there needed to be more of a conclusion to the story then what was given at the end.

burningranger said:
That 8-bit Pony game was pretty neat. If they took the time, they could really flesh out a good length game. I almost felt like there needed to be more of a conclusion to the story then what was given at the end.

I agree, it felt like it ended a bit too abruptly. I'd love to play a more lengthy game / for them to make another one. This was a good taste of what can be done.

Calpain

burningranger said:
A fleshed out game would have been amazing. The game got a good score on Newgrounds and won the daily award so maybe it could motivate the author to make another more comprehensive game in a similar style.

How About No said:
I never got past that third enemy. I didn't know fullsizing the screen would reset the game, and I never looked back.

Fuck that speedy :x
You mean expanding the game or doing the popup option? When I hit expand it got huge but didn't reset the game for me.

How About No said:
I never got past that third enemy. I didn't know fullsizing the screen would reset the game, and I never looked back.
PROTIP, hold down and right when you're
pushing the rock[\spoiler] and it's easy breezy. Also, there is only like... 90 seconds of game after that point.

I love the Mother 1 music in the forest. Perfect music to evoke beautiful lo-fi scares.

Master Milk said:
How appropriate. That was me the entire time.

I walked back into town thinking "What in the hell?" I saw that first pony and decided to run. Then the second one popped up and I thought I was saved. Went over to talk mashing the z button and GAME OVER! I jumped so hard! I wasn't expecting it. And then it started over and I was freaking out even more because I didn't want to do it again. I walked back into and dashed passed the second pony this time screaming "Ohshtohshtohsht!" over and over. And the Flash pony started moving! OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT! passed her and every other pony! I was freaking out hoping no other pony would move that fast else I'd be screwed. I'd barely gotten away from her with a head start! After panicking through the entire walk back, I was saved, surrounded, and saved again. Never touching that game again!

Also, it's funny that the ending was what it was. When walking through all that forest to get to town, I was thinking how messed up it'd be if I had to run back while being chased by something. All those twists and turns might have screwed me over. Hah! If only I had known . . .

You have a great descriptive way of writing, ^__^. I could really feel myself in your position running like mad from those zombies.

AdawgDaFAB said:
There is something about 8-bit games that can make such simple things really freaky.
Exactly, it seems that with lower polygon count/sprite detail, things get a lot freakier than they appear. It lets your imagination really flesh out what you're seeing and makes those details really freaky. Also with the main character being one that you care about, it adds to the sense of urgency and wanting to make sure the character is safe.

This was me going through the last part:
nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Man that was some of the most obvious hand-holding I've ever seen in a game. The game is literally a series of tunnels connected to one another while you press a quick-time button again and again. The puzzles are not even very clever -so you push some boxes here and there, woe is me! Zelda did it first. And don't get me started on the fighting system; insta-death motherfuckers!

Writing was Oscar-quality though. 8.8/10

Regulus Tera said:
Man that was some of the most obvious hand-holding I've ever seen in a game. The game is literally a series of tunnels connected to one another while you press a quick-time button again and again. The puzzles are not even very clever -so you push some boxes here and there, woe is me! Zelda did it first. And don't get me started on the fighting system; insta-death motherfuckers!

Writing was Oscar-quality though. 8.8/10
You forgot to add that the graphics are god-awful for a game in 2011.

2.0/10

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dark Phoenix said:
Not if you're a mainstream video game reviewer.

I'm the Tim Rogers to your Jeff Gerstmann.

Upcoming: 50000000 words about how Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time is "a soothing melodious orchestra to the cacophony of metal slashing robots, ninja, and ninja robots".

How About No said:
What if the bald space marines were 8-bit style?

Instant improvement.

I woke up today from a strange dream. I had a pony. This is true of both my life and my dream, though unlike the pony from my childhood, I can clearly remember the name of the equine I saw in my dreams. Sadly though, I don't believe it's a name that can be properly rendered with the limited English alphabet. I pour a bowl of cereal, organic with fair trade soy milk. As far as I know, no photos or information exists of the pony from my youth. Will it truly remain forever a fragment of a memory? An entity that must exist nameless, faceless? As the haze of time slowly veils this experience I begin to wonder, does the same fate await all existence? I begin to weep into my cereal. I liked this game.

Friendship/Magic

/New Games Journalism review

PROTIP, hold down and right when you're
pushing the rock[\spoiler] and it's easy breezy. Also, there is only like... 90 seconds of game after that point.
That worked well thanks :D

Well that was an anticlimax.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's been a rough year for PC owners. Exclusives have been lost, a handful of titles have been bumped from the bottom line-bolstering holiday season, and Angry Birds ubiquity is a sore reminder of social gaming. With each disappointment, more and more fans have looked to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Story of the Blanks -- a title whose screenshots have been lauded for months -- to be the saving grace of 2011.

But pinning so much on one title pretty much guarantees a letdown, doesn't it? Can Donitz live up to more than a year of mouthwatering coverage and placate fans who forked over $600 to see stellar title after stellar title come out on non-PC platforms?

Yes. Yes, it can. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Story of the Blanks is the most fun I've had in a videogame this year.

Putting you in the shoes of Applebloom -- a beginner Cutie Mark Crusader on the trail of finding her own purpose -- MLP tosses players into a third-person action/adventure/puzzle-solving/stealth homage to the horror movies of yesteryear. Applebloom takes on zombies, explores ancient forests, searches water wells and solves crate puzzles using the most basic of clues on her path to unearthing the secrets of the Everfree Forest alongside her book-chomping girl friend Twilight Sparkle and tribeswoman Zecora.

MLP does what few titles manage -- it completely immerses you in its experience. From the moment the game begins with a sweeping title screen move through the plains of Ponyville, MLP will have you hooked. It'll maintain that hold with its story, style and gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom