• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calpain

Myke Greywolf said:
A nice read, thanks for sharing! But... wait:

nwTXe.jpg

If this is official art, is it possible that a character design tweak is incoming?

I swear I read somewhere, right after the turmoil of Faust leaving and the confirmation of season two, that the animation style wasn't going to change according to one of the animators I believe. I don't have the quote, so you'll have to take my word for it, but I seem to remember something to that effect.

Nishastra

Banned
Calpain said:
I swear I read somewhere, right after the turmoil of Faust leaving and the confirmation of season two, that the animation style wasn't going to change according to one of the animators I believe. I don't have the quote, so you'll have to take my word for it, but I seem to remember something to that effect.

One of the many things Jayson Thiessen (supervising director) said was:
...rest assured pony fans, the show is not changing. We have doubled our efforts since she left and I am very pleased with the results.

Not specifically about animation, but... I dunno where to look for what anyone else has said :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:

Furries have a notorious obsession with hugging. Must be all that craving for actual physical contact that many of them aren't usually able to get.

I thought it was more of an anime thing. People hold up "free hugs" signs at anime cons, and it's gotten so bad/creepy a bunch of cons have just flat out banned signs.

Captain Fish said:
Weird, she seems pleased.

She's pointing out how many things are wrong with them.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DrForester said:
I thought it was more of an anime thing. People hold up "free hugs" signs at anime cons, and it's gotten so bad/creepy a bunch of cons have just flat out banned signs.
Yeah, well, it applies to both fandoms. But I think furries started it. It's just obvious, if you think about it.

Uchip

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Yeah, well, it applies to both fandoms. But I think furries started it. It's just obvious, if you think about it.

obsession with characters/features that arent human is a bit misanthropic
its not surprising that a lot of people have social issues

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Uchip said:
obsession with characters/features that arent human is a bit misanthropic
its not surprising that a lot of people have social issues
We should be careful not to mix up causes and effects, in this particular matter. It is my opinion that some kind of social issue is usually to be found at the origin of these kinds of obsessions.

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
A nice read, thanks for sharing! But... wait:

nwTXe.jpg

If this is official art, is it possible that a character design tweak is incoming?
From the way their heads are stretching it looks like an in-between frame. Or it could just be an off model shot, like at the end of Cutie Mark Chronicles when Rainbow Dash looks really weird:
ftNdA.jpg

Does anyone know if it's been mentioned if season 2 will have a new intro? I think I heard that the song would be the same, but that shot looks like it would fit right in at the end of a new intro sequence.

I wouldn't worry too much about anything we haven't seen in motion. It looks a little off-model but it'll be hard to tell if that's because they changed the models or if it's just some more dynamic poses.

You can see a lot of squishing in the art there. Pinkie Pie is cat-like, her body basically mimics a Hobbes the tiger pose. Rarity is stretching forward, and that results in her shorter fore legs. This is a lot different than how it was done in Episode 2, but it might look better in motion. Twilight looks as though her eyes just opened and we're seeing the hair bob as a result. The Fluttershy head on pose is a bit strange, but it's increased by the her hair not covering her face like usual (it's clearly a group pose where they want the faces to be prominent).

Uchip

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
We should be careful not to mix up causes and effects, in this particular matter. It is my opinion that some kind of social issue is usually to be found at the origin of these kinds of obsessions.

I think it works both ways

OMG Aero said:
From the way their heads are stretching it looks like an in-between frame. Or it could just be an off model shot, like at the end of Cutie Mark Chronicles when Rainbow Dash looks really weird:
http://i.imgur.com/ftNdA.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Here is another screencap where rainbow looks weird:
[URL=http://imgur.com/OY8mt][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OY8mt.png[/URL]
The portion of her hindlegs after the ankles look clown-shoe sized.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
ftNdA.jpg
Yeah, there were several shots in that episode that were different from the "standard" poses/animations, and many of those came out strange. I blame it on some inexperienced artist. The only thing that prevents me from thinking that this was an outsourced episode, is that one of the animation artists recently posted a "scene evolution" clip on Youtube containing a small scene from this episode, and that animator seems to be based in America.

OMG Aero said:
Does anyone know if it's been mentioned if season 2 will have a new intro? I think I heard that the song would be the same, but that shot looks like it would fit right in at the end of a new intro sequence.
I have to admit, I'd geek out if that happened. I love getting new intros!

Captain Fish said:
I wouldn't worry too much about anything we haven't seen in motion. It looks a little off-model but it'll be hard to tell if that's because they changed the models or if it's just some more dynamic poses.

You can see a lot of squishing in the art there. Pinkie Pie is cat-like, her body basically mimics a Hobbes the tiger pose. Rarity is stretching forward, and that results in her shorter fore legs. This is a lot different than how it was done in Episode 2, but it might look better in motion. Twilight looks as though her eyes just opened and we're seeing the hair bob as a result. The Fluttershy head on pose is a bit strange, but it's increased by the her hair not covering her face like usual (it's clearly a group pose where they want the faces to be prominent).
Great analysis, Cap. Also, I just noticed something:
Rainbow Dash is missing her wings.

CHEEZMO™ said:
I would just like to say that Uchip's new avatar is just sooo fucking cute!
+1. Totes adorbs.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Finally managed to watch an episode on my telly.

Ticket Master!
Had to watch it in the front room, 'cause my room doesn't get Boomerang or whatever it is.

Didn't stop my dad having a few digs when he realised what I was doing >_>

Myke Greywolf said:
+1. Totes adorbs.
Totes.

CHEEZMO™ said:
Finally managed to watch an episode on my telly.

Ticket Master!
Had to watch it in the front room, 'cause my room doesn't get Boomerang or whatever it is.

Didn't stop my dad having a few digs when he realised what I was doing >_>
It could be worse, he could have forced a channel change to freaking cricket *still bitter*

Myke Greywolf said:

C'mon, man, what's with the hate? We start pathologizing and psychologically waving away fandoms, and you know this thread and MLP isn't too far away. People in glass houses oughtn't be throwing stones. To say nothing of the fact that you know damn well we do have a few furries round these parts, and I don't think you're being particularly charitable towards them.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Amibguous Cad said:
C'mon, man, what's with the hate? We start pathologizing and psychologically waving away fandoms, and you know this thread and MLP isn't too far away. People in glass houses oughtn't be throwing stones. To say nothing of the fact that you know damn well we do have a few furries round these parts, and I don't think you're being particularly charitable towards them.
Huh? Where are you reading hate in what I wrote, if I may ask?

Besides, I already disclosed here that, although I don't identify myself with the label as it is perceived these days, I can also be considered to be a furry, according to some definitions of that word. :)

Also, I'm an anime fan.

Uchip said:
people saying its cute are probably better off not knowing the source
Yeah, so we've heard. I don't care. Cute is cute.

Uchip

Banned
Narag said:
Even the source seems to have toned it down though.

I meant the specific picture though ;)
either way, im jealous that of mlp since that comic would translate really well to flash style animation

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Myke Greywolf said:

This is the first time I've heard about it.

I thought I remembered you saying a while back that you were using chopper in your avatars, guess I was wrong. Shows how stupid I can be, xD.

Edit: Now I remember. Did you mention before that you used to have a chopper avatar and was called a furry for it, which is why you changed to whatever that character there is? If so then I got things mixed up. If not then I am completely confused xD.

I still stand by the cuteness of the pic and am now I am interested in the source lolol.

Bakphoon

I drew something today (disclaimer: drawn with mouse and touchpad of notebook)

1fGCf.jpg

If you ask why there are hooveprints on him:

Replace the bookshelf with him.

QfQOG.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I still stand by the cuteness of the pic and am now I am interested in the source lolol.
as i understand it, the source is one of those special visual novels.

i cant judge though, last vn i went through went full vore. and i did not mind one bit.

bakphoon said:
I drew something today (disclaimer: drawn with mouse and touchpad of notebook)
l5GK1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom