• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcastar

OMG Aero said:
Just thought I'd post a reminder that this week's Synchtube (CMC edition) starts in 2 and a half hours. And I'm still up for TF2 afterwards if anyone else is, hopefully we can find a better server this time.
Would really like to join for TF2 after synchtube, but can't this week. Sunday overtime sucks... Not gonna miss synchtube itself though.

I don't really get caught up on Steam sales, but that's just because my laptop is a piece of crap. I am a sucker for light indie games however. Currently on the fence over Terraria, and might have to pick up Frozen Synapse to find out what you guys are raving about. Hope it's on sale again tomorrow.

EDIT: And who needs Steam games anyway when you've got the new and improved Rainbow Pony Dash?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ultimoo said:
we got a big spender here folks, BIG SPENDER.

And after that I hop into my gold plated, pony themed, Hummer limo.

Peasants!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Not really posted much today.

Finally got around to checking out Minecraft and have been playing all day.

Building my home and mining shit, yo.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Terraria takes the fun out of mining and building. Plus, the whole lack of consequence for death made exploring less intense.

Shame too; could have been a nice MC replacement. Hopefully a future MC update will take the good parts of Terraria and intergrte them.

Quinnjaminn said:
Is it just me, or does that run a little slower than the original game? I scored 136,000 my second game, and my previous record just barely broke 100,000.
On my crappy laptop the previous one would always slow down on me (like lag slow down, not run speed) and that would cause me to die too often. This one ran much smoother for me.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
AdawgDaFAB said:
On my crappy laptop the previous one would always slow down on me (like lag slow down, not run speed) and that would cause me to die too often. This one ran much smoother for me.
Sorry, I worded that awkwardly. I wasn't referring to the older version of Rainbow Dash Attack (I just played it, and it does lag a bunch). I meant the original Robot Unicorn Attack.

Quinnjaminn said:
Sorry, I worded that awkwardly. I wasn't referring to the older version of Rainbow Dash Attack (I just played it, and it does lag a bunch).
Oh so the lagging isn't because of my laptop, lol. I was going to try it on my gaming PC to test the difference but never did.
Quinnjaminn said:
I meant the original Robot Unicorn Attack.
Ah ok, I only ever played the Rainbow Dash version so IDK how this new one compares to RUA.

Neki

ahoyhoy said:
Terraria takes the fun out of mining and building. Plus, the whole lack of consequence for death made exploring less intense.

Shame too; could have been a nice MC replacement. Hopefully a future MC update will take the good parts of Terraria and intergrte them.

Try hardcore mode if you want consequences when you die then. And I don't know how it took out the fun, I loved building in Terraria, you could make some really nice 2d art.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
synchtube in an hour, right? I'll wait at the channel then :)

Orcastar

Bakphoon said:
LOOOOOOOOL

I got lucky, terraria costs now €4,99

Seems that my weakness was in reality my pinkie sense :p
Well that sucks. The fact that they increased the price, not the fact that you managed to get it cheaper, you lucky bastard... I guess they gave it a 75% discount by mistake.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Have fun with Synctube guys, I got exams to study for :'(.

Negator

It's...beautiful. Careksims is SO AWESOME

zYxbd.jpg

Cheerilee

Nishastra said:
Hmm. Well, Twilight ISN'T actually Spike's mom.
But if Spike was hatched by Twilight and then given to Twilight, Spike wouldn't normally wake from a dream asking for Mommy, then see Twilight and say "You're not Mommy."

Even if Twilight is significantly less caring than an adopted mother and Spike won't call her Mommy, he has no "Mommy" to get confused with Twilight.

Unless Twilight is such a poor adopted mother that Spike has created himself a delusion of a mother who appears to him in his dreams.

Nishastra

Banned
ruby_onix said:
But if Spike was hatched by Twilight and then given to Twilight, Spike wouldn't normally wake from a dream asking for Mommy, then see Twilight and say "You're not Mommy."

Even if Twilight is significantly less caring than an adopted mother and Spike won't call her Mommy, he has no "Mommy" to get confused with Twilight.

Unless Twilight is such a poor adopted mother that Spike has created himself a delusion of a mother who appears to him in his dreams.
Yes, I know. Spike, being an egg, would have no clue what his real mother looks like to begin with :p

Well... she probably looks like a dragon.

it's a shame there was that weird browser error where the voting registered some 1-4 votes when everyone obviously voted 5's since these are the two CMC episodes

PBalfredo

Anyone else think Show Stoppers is sort of a jumping the shark moment for the whole CMC gimmick? The ep pretty much tells us in big flashing letters what each crusader's talent is, but they just don't realize it. Now every time from this point on were the CMC is stubbornly trying anything that isn't related to their real talent is just going to be one facepalm
or facehoof
moment after another.

PBalfredo said:
Anyone else think Show Stoppers is sort of a jumping the shark moment for the whole CMC gimmick? The ep pretty much tells us in big flashing letters what each crusader's talent is, but they just don't realize it. Now every time from this point on were the CMC is stubbornly trying anything that isn't related to their real talent is just going to be one facepalm
or facehoof
moment after another.
That is kinda the point though. They all have something they are good at already but are too blind to see it. So they do one thing after another in hopes of finding out, something they actually already know. I enjoy their stuff because it usually brings some good comedy, but I can understand why others don't enjoy it.

McNum

Well, mabe. It depends on the next episodes with them. So far their arc has been like this:

- Meet up, team up to learn how to get cutie marts.
- Try out different things, see if any of it sticks.
- Unintentionally stumble upon things that they're obviously good at, but not realize it.
- Learn that cutie marks appear once you discover and accept your innate talent.

Funny enough, I think Rainbow Dash is the best pony to talk sense into them. Just ask Scootaloo this: "What makes you awesome?" Scoot should get that one immediately.

PBalfredo

It sort of comes down to the question whether or not the CMC is an arc that will eventually end with them getting their marks, or will it just go on forever. I fear it's the latter because Hasbro wants the series to be watchable in any order, which is at odds with character arcs (though I think they're missing an opportunity by not letting the characters grow and change. "Hey kids, buy the new Apple Bloom figure. Now with cutie mark!")

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, I like the CMC well enough, but I really don't think we'll ever see them get their cutie marks. They're (pardon the pun) one trick ponies.

While I love watching their hijinx, and think they get more hate then they deserve, I feel the group holds Applebloom back (who by the way won the poll for best CMC, with a come from behind victory). She was a very well done and independent character in the Zecora episode, then CMC arc starts and she gets relegated to comedy fodder for the most part. That is the only real problem I have with them.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AdawgDaFAB said:
While I love watching their hijinx, and think they get more hate then they deserve, I feel the group holds Applebloom back (who by the way won the poll for best CMC, with a come from behind victory). She was a very well done and independent character in the Zecora episode, then CMC arc starts and she gets relegated to comedy fodder for the most part. That is the only real problem I have with them.

They each hold each other back, because together, they are oblivious to the possibility that they have different talents.

DrForester said:
They each hold each other back, because together, they are oblivious to the possibility that they have different talents.
This is true, but we have seen how AB was in the Zecora ep where she could hold her own perfectly well with the other 6. However, ever since the CMC stuff began she is mainly used for jokes now along with the rest of them. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo never had any chance to have a similar showing for themselves so we don't know how strong of individual characters they could be outside of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom