• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find the humor in the party.mov...in fact, most of them seem like they are trying too hard. At least with AppleJack's movie it was sort of humorous.

Anyhow, my Derpy came in from China today - the one that will be sold at SDCC 2012.

Damn, so much pony. I ordred from the site too, so hopefully my Derpy (I actually got a pair), should be coming within the next couple of days. Never realized it was so much bigger than the regular figurines.

LuffyZoro

I was thinking about getting one, but it said the shipping costs would be like $50, and I'm not paying that for a plastic figure of a cartoon horse.

Orcastar

Anyhow, my Derpy came in from China today - the one that will be sold at SDCC 2012.
Nice! Did she come with the same packaging as the Comic-Con ones will?

Damn, so much pony. I ordred from the site too, so hopefully my Derpy (I actually got a pair), should be coming within the next couple of days. Never realized it was so much bigger than the regular figurines.
AFAIK Derpy is the same size as the Fashion Style pony toys, which are basically just bigger versions of the standard brushables that come with a ton of "fashion" accessories. Here's a size comparison:
AkBSg.jpg

For those of you who didn't know already, MLP: Fighting is Magic is going to be showcased at EVO next week during their indy showcase. So if you're in the Vegas area, gogogogo.

tafer

I disagree. I don't find ponies doing violent and wrong things inherently funny. It can be funny; I've seen fanart, comics and PMVs of ponies doing violent and wrong things that were funny, but that wasn't just because they had ponies doing violent and wrong things.

And that's the problem with the .mov series: it's mostly just ponies doing violent and wrong things for the sake of doing violent and wrong things. There are some funny jokes buried in there, but overall it's just a series of pointless attempts at trying to shock the viewer. You could make decent comedy out of this premise, but Gilardi just doesn't have what it takes to pull it off.

Completely agree with this post, except with one thing, I think Gilardi can do much better, he just needs to do shorter episodes.

And thinking about it, besides Gilardi and the the epic something team, I can't think of any other relevant animator(s) among the fandom... help?

AFAIK Derpy is the same size as the Fashion Style pony toys, which are basically just bigger versions of the standard brushables that come with a ton of "fashion" accessories. Here's a size comparison:

Ah okay. my local stores really only carry the "standard brushables" for the most part and not much else. All the more exciting then.

I was thinking about getting one, but it said the shipping costs would be like $50, and I'm not paying that for a plastic figure of a cartoon horse.

Really? I think my two Derpys plus shipping came to just under $30.

Cheerilee

She just found out she's not Scootaloo.

Nah, she just looked at her own shadow and realized that she's a robot constructed with two floating metallic spheres, and her outward pony appearance is merely a holographic illusion. Her life is a lie and Sweetie Belle is totally going to turn her in.

judhudson

Nice! Did she come with the same packaging as the Comic-Con ones will?

The ones directly from Taoboa come with the box as my friend got hers in the mail. I had to go the Ebay route as Taoboa messed up my order and I had to cancel it. So mine just came sealed in a plastic bag.

judhudson

Luffy, maybe this will fit your budget more?

This is the third instance of a plush from China. First is the Spike Plush that is supposedly 'limited official', then we have a Crackle Plush, which for the price, seems too cheap to be handmade and actually looks very decent like a professional did it (I ordered it, so I'll be posting pics when it comes in) and now we have this Doctor Whooves plush.

Xzeon

Banned

Orcastar

There was a lake near the rock farm that she used to skate on during the winter?

On a completely unrelated note, here's some Twilight:

Cheerilee

PonyGAF, I need some help figuring out a continuity thing.

How did Pinkie ice skate on the rock farm?

Rocks and ice aren't mutually exclusive. Pinkie said that there was no talking, no smiling, only rocks when she was growing up. So maybe ice skating wasn't recreational for her family, but was work related? A frozen river would be a good way to transport rocks. And if Pinkie learned to skate by dragging heavy sleds full of rocks, skating unencumbered would seem effortless.

Also, Pinkie said she was skating since she was small, but she was still small when she got her cutie mark and her family discovered happiness. Maybe her family took up recreational ice skating after that.

Also, maybe Pinkie has just been so constantly high on sugar for so long that her memories of a time before she was high have been recolored in her mind as the dullest thing she could possibly imagine (endless rocks and gray sky and painful silence). Maybe her parents actually grew potatoes. Maybe they read books by the light of a fireplace. Maybe her father painstakingly fashioned her first set of ice skates out of broken farm tools and gave them to her for her first Hearth's Warming Eve in lieu of toys he couldn't afford. Translated to Pinkie: Rocks. Boring. Never loved me. Don't exactly know where this skating ability came from.

Psxphile

Rocks and ice aren't mutually exclusive. Pinkie said that there was no talking, no smiling, only rocks when she was growing up. So maybe ice skating wasn't recreational for her family, but was work related? A frozen river would be a good way to transport rocks. And if Pinkie learned to skate by dragging heavy sleds full of rocks, skating unencumbered would seem effortless.

Also, Pinkie said she was skating since she was small, but she was still small when she got her cutie mark and her family discovered happiness. Maybe her family took up recreational ice skating after that.

Also, maybe Pinkie has just been so constantly high on sugar for so long that her memories of a time before she was high have been recolored in her mind as the dullest thing she could possibly imagine (endless rocks and gray sky and painful silence). Maybe her parents actually grew potatoes. Maybe they read books by the light of a fireplace. Maybe her father painstakingly fashioned her first set of ice skates out of broken farm tools and gave them to her for her first Hearth's Warming Eve in lieu of toys he couldn't afford. Translated to Pinkie: Rocks. Boring. Never loved me. Don't exactly know where this skating ability came from.

And that's how Equestria was born.

don't_believe_her_lies.jpg

Orcastar

Hey, that's what I said! Well, not in so many words... But I was in a hurry!

Cheerilee

Hey, that's what I said! Well, not in so many words... But I was in a hurry!
I felt the essence of your words, and was compelled to assist them into this world. I couldn't wait for your return. The words demanded to be free!

I don't get it :S
Assuming that you're serious,
a dirty-mind (Xzeon) suggests there's a t-shirt with an image of a horn going into a butthole > The infamous Lyra toy has a hole in the rear for inserting things > The t-shirt is an image of Lyra.

Brony in training signing in.
Something something herd. Give fave pony list.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
This is a good list. Secret:
All the lists are good lists.

The thing is, I like Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight so much that I don't really have an order for the three. They are equally awesome.

How far into the series are you, and how much of the fandom have you been exposed to? This may influence the links people give you. For starters, have some Rainbow Factory, by WoodenToaster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRx_iXgLAyw

I have finished the series, and as far as fandom, whatever the irc has thrown at me so far. Random pony art/videos/ etc.

Btw, the song in that link is pretty cool.

Cheerilee

I have finished the series, and as far as fandom, whatever the irc has thrown at me so far. Random pony art/videos/ etc.
Oh good, then there are no spoiler concerns. The worst that can happen is someone gives you something you've seen before.

Some of the brony essentials are:

Friendship is Witchcraft
(a parody series)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SherclopPones

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic provides a realistic representation of life in Ponyville
(craziness)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHZj8Xp-Ik

Night of Pony
(more craziness)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftvZFUg4HPc

Party With Pinkie
(more music)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryqaS07WaU

And I like "Avast Fluttershy's Ass" & "Nightmare Night" from WoodenToaster (the earlier link can lead you there).

And I just realized that the OP covers some of this. Oh well. Still posting.

Link Man

Banned
The thing is, I like Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight so much that I don't really have an order for the three. They are equally awesome.

Btw, the song in that link is pretty cool.

Essential viewing:

Unanimous Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom