• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rainbow_dash_is_best_pillow_by_dm29-d53w9p0.png

Alright, with the 100th page now done, we are a quarter of the way through this thread, almost exactly 4 months after it started. Without further ado, the list of shame is as follows:

http://i.imgur.com/wKcCV.png

I myself come in at number 5, and someone needs to best Xzeon with his amazing 70 posts over the next runner-up.
Arrrgh I need to catch up. But however can I do that?!... GOT IT.

Xzeon is to this thread what Owlowiscious was to the last thread.

Who?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Alright, with the 100th page now done, we are a quarter of the way through this thread, almost exactly 4 months after it started. Without further ado, the list of shame is as follows:

wKcCV.png

I myself come in at number 5, and someone needs to best Xzeon with his amazing 70 posts over the next runner-up.

Clearly I need to post more Celestia.

06dCL.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

wKcCV.png

I remember when I used to be able to top these lists ;___;

Xzeon

Banned

wKcCV.png

This calls for something special.

Orcastar

Oh boy, Giraldi released a new video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXNTCpM6rE

Remember when he did good animations like Adam Android and Jerry? Not that awful "Wacky Video Game Jokes 4 Kids" or these "hur hur, Ponies doing violent and wrong things it are funny" garbage?

Yeah, I like his older stuff a lot, but the .MOV series is just unfunny crap.

And what's the idea behind inventing new parents for Pinkie? Does he just not watch the show or did he do it to troll bronies?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sees name used for Twilight* Twilight "Sparkle" Mengele...
Did the series just go Godwin?

ryaxnb

Neo Member
She maybe an immortal sun goddess but she is hardly what I would call interesting.

I love celestia! She is so ambigously defined and yet so touching. Her gentle, manipulating, trolling ways seem to be ambigous and goodhearted, yet can confound the minds of those who are determined to sort out a headcanon.

She's elegant, graceful, smart and nurturing in a very light, trusting manner. I think she sees the Main 6 as either her replacements with regards to fighting evil forces or just her eventual replacements, period. They certainly seem to do a better job than she ever did, and i think she realizes the power of their friendship makes the Elements of Harmony stronger with them than it was with Celestia alone (or Celestia & Luna).

She also develops from having to cover for Twilight in early episodes, like "Swarm of the Century" as Twilight is maturing in her new role, to having Twilight essentially cover for her missteps or lack of action in later episodes (e.g "A Canterlot Wedding").

And she seems to take the same everyday attitude to raising Cadence that she does to ruling the kingdom and did to nurturing Twilight, encouraging interaction with the common folk and a levelheaded attitude.

Her only problem is that her power, judgment and ability to use the EoH seem to be waning either with age or simply as the cycle puts the future in the hands of the Main 6. :)

Orcastar

ponies doing violent and wrong things will never not be funny

I disagree. I don't find ponies doing violent and wrong things inherently funny. It can be funny; I've seen fanart, comics and PMVs of ponies doing violent and wrong things that were funny, but that wasn't just because they had ponies doing violent and wrong things.

And that's the problem with the .mov series: it's mostly just ponies doing violent and wrong things for the sake of doing violent and wrong things. There are some funny jokes buried in there, but overall it's just a series of pointless attempts at trying to shock the viewer. You could make decent comedy out of this premise, but Gilardi just doesn't have what it takes to pull it off.

judhudson

I couldn't find the humor in the party.mov...in fact, most of them seem like they are trying too hard. At least with AppleJack's movie it was sort of humorous.

Anyhow, my Derpy came in from China today - the one that will be sold at SDCC 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom