• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

Starting off the new page right with some Vinyl Scratch.

vinyl_scratch_by_echowolf800-d40f4ae.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
The show has finally started here in Portugal with an european portuguese dub, and I must say... it's not bad. Not bad at all.

Place and character names were left untranslated. I really liked that.

Twilight's voice sounds generic as she is supposed to, but very competent. For the whole first episode, the VA seemed unaware that the stressed vowel on "Equestria" is the second "e", and not the "i", and I hope someone warned her about that.

I particularly liked what they did with Rainbow Dash and Rarity. Dash sounds like the rascal she can be, and Rarity's VA gives her a slightly snotty tone that is not obvious to non-native portuguese speakers.

Pinkie Pie is appropriately hyper and annoying, but I reserve the right to judge her VA after I hear her sing. The VA made some small mistakes here and there, but that is to be expected, considering Pinkie's vertiginous discourse. Fluttershy's VA is apparently still getting used to the character, but signs are good ("TÃO FOFO!").

Minus points for Applejack, since I was expecting the dubbers to give her some kind of portuguese country accent, and Spike, who sounds too girly.

All in all, a great effort so far. Light-years better than the brazilian dub (in which everypony sounds like they swallowed a tank of helium), in my humble opinion. Samples can be found at the usual places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom