• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Watched episode 22 with the "sick" Phoenix. It was another good one! Flutter Shy is hilarious like always. That phoenix was hilarious. It looked so retarded.

My boss's boss saw my ComicCon poster I finally found a frame for and put up two days ago.

Super Boss: "Creepy."

While we talk about it, I minimize my windows to show my MLP background, then open up windows again, flipping through some quickly.

Super Boss: "was that a chat for my little pony?"

Me: "No, not at the moment..."

[Page was currently on the Katawa Shoujo Thread]

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My boss's boss saw my ComicCon poster I finally found a frame for and put up two days ago.

Super Boss: "Creepy."

While we talk about it, I minimize my windows to show my MLP background, then open up windows again, flipping through some quickly.

Super Boss: "was that a chat for my little pony?"

Me: "No, not at the moment..."

[Page was currently on the Katawa Shoujo Thread]
Get a KS poster framed next.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hell naw. Super boss is a cool dude.
Guy I work for a cool also, but I have not adopted yours and Pandas not giving a fuck levels yet.

I've always been reserved with my wallpaper choices and don't really see the point in flaunting posters and figures, so that's just me.

Chuck

Still without luck
Welcome to GAF Xzeon! :D

93956%20-%20animated%20party_cannon%20party_time%20pinkie_pie.gif

Xzeon

Banned
Yes, hello Ponymen.

I have been a lurker for a supa long time, been in the IRC since the Tinychat days.

I was there since the beginning: "My Little Pony: Friendship is Golden"

Never forget your roots Ponygaf.

Xzeon

Banned
I am super happy to be a member of Gaf now. Ive been lurking this website since like 9th grade lol.

Peace out till tomorrow Ponymen.

Orcastar

Welcome, Xzeon! How does it feel to finally be part of such an elite community?

I can't possibly top ahoy's crazy welcoming parade, so I'll just leave you with some Twilight and Trixie:

blamite

Hello Xzeon! I actually don't recognize you from anywhere, but welcome! Guess I should figure out what this IRC thing is one of these days...

Anyway, It's never too late for more Vinyl/Octavia!

Chuck

Still without luck
Ikael, PLease take any clips of episodes yet to be released to the Season 2 OT thread. We like to keep this place clean until after the synchtube, and that's why we have the other thread. :p

Hello Xzeon! I actually don't recognize you from anywhere, but welcome! Guess I should figure out what this IRC thing is one of these days...

I'll help you out.

1. Go here: http://cbe002.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23ponygaf&server=irc.globalgamers.net

2. Type name and click Go

3. ????

4. Prof-...er, join the party!

Jackie

Neo Member
The show has finally started here in Portugal with an european portuguese dub, and I must say... it's not bad. Not bad at all.

Place and character names were left untranslated. I really liked that.

Twilight's voice sounds generic as she is supposed to, but very competent. For the whole first episode, the VA seemed unaware that the stressed vowel on "Equestria" is the second "e", and not the "i", and I hope someone warned her about that.

I particularly liked what they did with Rainbow Dash and Rarity. Dash sounds like the rascal she can be, and Rarity's VA gives her a slightly snotty tone that is not obvious to non-native portuguese speakers.

Pinkie Pie is appropriately hyper and annoying, but I reserve the right to judge her VA after I hear her sing. The VA made some small mistakes here and there, but that is to be expected, considering Pinkie's vertiginous discourse. Fluttershy's VA is apparently still getting used to the character, but signs are good ("TÃO FOFO!").

Minus points for Applejack, since I was expecting the dubbers to give her some kind of portuguese country accent, and Spike, who sounds too girly.

All in all, a great effort so far. Light-years better than the brazilian dub (in which everypony sounds like they swallowed a tank of helium), in my humble opinion. Samples can be found at the usual places.

Ok, I finaly had time to see the episode in Portuguese (Portugal version) and I have to say that is way better than I expected, and waaaaaaaaaaay better than the brazilian version (I'm brazilian and I don't stand it) but there were things that really bothered me:

1. The way "Equestria" is pronounced kinda hurts my ears. I don't know if I'm being too picky or if it is my lack of patience lately, but I don't like it. They made a very good job in general, but this "little" change is a big thing for me :p

2. Where is Apple Jack's accent? One of the reasons I started loving the show was AJ's accent, I want to hear her accent, the VA could at least make a try.

3. Talking about try... I tried to like Spike's voice, but I couldn't. Maybe because I have heard the VA before in other shows, and often making the voice of female characters, it sounded strangely girly to me. I wish she was more versatile. It seems to me that she always makes the same voice whoever the character is :(

4. I don't like Pinkie's voice. It's better than the brasilian version, but I don't like it at all :( She's my favorite of the mane 6, so I'm a little desappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom