• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
26+26+13=65

Yup. That's a wrap. 65 is the magic number for syndication. One episode every weekday for 13 weeks. Friendship is Magic is all nice and ready to be sold as one complete package deal.

We can just hope it pulls a DCAU. Batman, New Batman, Superman, New Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited. Same series. With Static Shock as a spinoff, even. Perhaps a bit of an extreme example, let's just hope it doesn't pull a Pinky and The Brain. We really don't want My Little Pony and Elmyra...

I still don't' see it ending with HUb being such a new network. It's not going to end one of it's most popular shows.

McNum

I still don't' see it ending with HUb being such a new network. It's not going to end one of it's most popular shows.
Odds of a followup show along the lines of New Batman Adventures are good, yes. But I would not be surprised if "Friendship is Magic" is over at its 65th episode. "My Little Pony", though? And its G4 incarnation in particular? It would be odd to see the Hub just shut down their top rated show due to hitting syndication numbers.

Of course, TV networks do odd things at times. But I'm optimistic.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

It might not be up to the Hub at all if Hasbro doesn't want to do the show anymore.

Fanfiction you say?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Speaking of spin-offs/sequels, maybe a more adventure-oriented series that takes the cast to the furthest frontiers to discover new lands, creatures, etc.

PBalfredo

These hardcovers really put it in perspective how huge Fallout Equestria is.

And to think, Fallout Equestra: Project Horizons has already surpassed it.

Xzeon

Banned
With the last page you lost me :(

Ick, human proportions.

How could you, Xzeon. How could you.

Stars are regular 5 pointed stars, multi-colored, only 4 of them, no main star. Looks like a random girly stereotype phone to me.

Edit. Oh god how did I miss your post ruby.

EDIT OH GOD THAT LAST PAGE

We already have a ruler.

And a backup that's gone almost two full years without a horrific plan for world domination.

You sit on a throne of lies!

haha_by_mezkalito4p-d4d6bao.gif

PonyGAF Politics are very weird.

Xzeon is King of Pones like T.I is King of the South. He just said it and everybody was like OK. Before that the former King The Poster Formally Known as G-Fex (Get that man an Icon or some shit.) accidentally got the title of King and we accepted that too. The only constant is Hito's constant demand for Human/Anthro Ponies. Which I'm very OK with because PonyGAF is alive because of this demand. And now the 2 Kings vie for the title. I just wanna go back to Wild West PonyGAF where we kicked ass, took names and posted shit as close to Rule 34 as possible without getting banned. I miss that. A lot. A whole lot.

So question is, who's the True King of Pones?

G-Fex

Xzeon is King of Pones like T.I is King of the South. He just said it and everybody was like OK. Before that the former King The Poster Formally Known as G-Fex (Get that man an Icon or some shit.) accidentally got the title of King and we accepted that too. The only constant is Hito's constant demand for Human/Anthro Ponies. Which I'm very OK with because PonyGAF is alive because of this demand. And now the 2 Kings vie for the title. I just wanna go back to Wild West PonyGAF where we kicked ass, took names and posted shit as close to Rule 34 as possible without getting banned. I miss that. A lot. A whole lot.

I dunno

But I am the artist formally known as G-fex

Also I saw the episode with flim flam twins.

LOL AJ is probably the best, she didn't learn ANYTHING!

BY2K

Membero Americo
I said hopefully with less sex.

My comparison with 50 Shades of Grey comes from the fact that both are fanfiction.

Btw, whoever wrote this isn't making any kind of money, right? Cause Hasbro and Bethesda could be up their ass pretty quickly.

EDIT: I swear to God, if I just gave the idea to someone to do a version of 50 Shades with ponies, people will die.

G-Fex

But you gave them the idea BY2K

it's too late now

nah they probably already had that idea

with plenty of smut to clop to SMH fanfiction writers.

Sure I did it too but never to a cartoon like MLP

Cheerilee

52 episodes (S1+S2) was already a syndication package. A TV station can buy it and slip it on one day a week (probably a weekend) and leave it there for a year.

65 episodes (S1+S2+S3) is a better syndication package, because they can put it on five days a week for one season.

26+26+13=65

Yup. That's a wrap. 65 is the magic number for syndication. One episode every weekday for 13 weeks. Friendship is Magic is all nice and ready to be sold as one complete package deal.

We can just hope it pulls a DCAU. Batman, New Batman, Superman, New Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited. Same series. With Static Shock as a spinoff, even. Perhaps a bit of an extreme example, let's just hope it doesn't pull a Pinky and The Brain. We really don't want My Little Pony and Elmyra...

There's really nothing saying that a show has to end at 52 or 65. Or that it needs to be "retooled" into something else at that point either. When a show gets canned or retooled at 52 or 65, it generally means that the show was having problems, and that whoever was supporting the show cut them some slack and gave them time to complete the bundle. Maybe if they're failing, they can also use the extra slack to prove that their formula works.

MLP:FIM is not in trouble. Statements from executives have suggested that their biggest concern is trying not to rock the boat. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

GI Joe (A Real American Hero) for example hit 65 episodes after it's first season (if you combine the two movie-miniseries that got it started). After that it got another 30 episodes for S2 and a theatrical movie. I'm sure they were thinking that another 30 episodes for S3 (plus the movie broken into five chunks) would put together another 65 episode bundle (S3 ended up being 24 eps). But then they decided to retool the show mid-step to try and save money (outsourcing it to DiC instead of Toei) and kind of killed it.

It might not be up to the Hub at all if Hasbro doesn't want to do the show anymore.

The Hub is losing money. Hasbro is okay with that, because they fully expected it and it's part of their growth strategy. But they want The Hub to grow and get ratings, (and to do it using Hasbro IP so that the shows pull double-duty as advertisement and the toy sales go up). The Hub can't do that if Hasbro blocks them from using their best IP.

If MLP:FIM does well in the syndication market, MLP:FIM could theoretically outlast The Hub.

Videoneon

I'm not willing to believe that there will be a fourth season just yet. But the talk of a condensed third season has been circulating for quite a while already, so I've been prepared. I suppose it will be time soon to head to the Bronystate theatre for the flooded rooms! Awesome.

Oh, and since the Flim-Flam brothers episode was mentioned. The most memorable song for me in Season 2, except for the Pet song, but for me that was mostly because of the novelty of only involving Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Xzeon

Banned
But he has power, so he has my sword.

Prof. Beef, you are in charge of all meat, science, and meat related science from now on.

Xzeon you're mad with power

Im always mad.

There is no question.

Its me.

I made the avatar, so it is written.

Guys

Ponies don't wear socks

and basketballs don't hold grudges

Basket balls ALWAYS hold grudges.

Ok, i got some pony merch as well:

2O0w5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom