• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
in response to the negative reaction to the anthropomorphic art style, season 3 will now be done with humans
tumblr_m7n9jmKiXq1r899rho1_1280.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
haha I just noticed Gum² lurking in the bottom corner.

Surprised I don't see more Eva/Pony crossovers in general.

Cheerilee

If they weren't going to stop the series at 65, why the short season?

It's for packaging.

Let's say Hasbro goes to a trade show to sell the rights to air some TV shows, and they take MLP:FIM with them (local TV stations usually air "network" shows provided by their parent network, but they have some wiggle room to buy some shows that they want from the open market).

Hasbro can lay a few different packages on the table.

S1 (26 episodes) - $500
S2 (26 episodes) - $500
S3 (13 episodes) - $250

S1+S2 combo (52 episodes) - $900
S1+S2+S3 combo (65 episodes) $1000

(Note: These numbers are completely made up. I have no idea what people charge for syndicated TV.)

Most people in this market are looking for either 52 or 65 episode packages. You can add extra episodes to a package, but nobody wants to pay more money for them. If a TV station comes to the show with $1000 to spend and looking to fill a 65 episode hole in their lineup, they won't care if your S1+S2+S3 combo has 78 episodes because S3 was a full 26 episodes, they only wanted 65 episodes, so it better still be $1000 or they're going back to to see what those guys at the other table were selling.

And you can't sell a 65 episode S1+S2+S3(part one) package, because then they think they're getting something broken and incomplete.

As-is, DHX got season 3 done in half the time, with half the budget of a regular season. They might be working on season 4 right now (although that's classified, because it seems nobody is even allowed to talk about season 3 yet). It's possible that season 4 is going to be a full 26 episodes plus a movie. Or season 4 will start six months early. Or all of the remaining seasons are going to be 13 eps because they don't want anyone to get burned out. We don't really know what Hasbro's plans for the future are, but 13 eps for S3 doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. It's just something they do.

Nice!

Xzeon

Banned
Can't go mad with power without power.

Xenon is just mad.

im always angry...

breaking news

after finding it too difficult to put the ponies into the poses they want and have them perform the actions they want, studio b has now announced that starting with season 3, my little pony will now feature anthropomorphized characters

tumblr_m7u0efN03l1r1h27io1_1280.jpg

so hot

so hot

i can drink the antidote now!

yay!

Cheerilee

Also, that is awesome news. Doesn't that basically confirm they are working on a full length season 4 now?

It seems likely that he's working on season 4.

He seems to have suggested that season 3 is short for "special reasons", and that it will be followed by long seasons. He doesn't exactly say what "long" means, but "full length" (26 episodes) for season 4 seems like a good guess.

But then he also re-emphasised "seasons", plural. That suggests that he believes there will be a season 5, and that it will also be "long".

And then he re-re-emphasised "many seasons" so he's probably suggesting season 6 or more.

Technically, he didn't give any details or confirm anything, but from where he's sitting MLP:FIM apparently looks very secure.

Razek

Banned
It seems likely that he's working on season 4.

He seems to have suggested that season 3 is short for "special reasons", and that it will be followed by long seasons. He doesn't exactly say what "long" means, but "full length" (26 episodes) for season 4 seems like a good guess.

But then he also re-emphasised "seasons", plural. That suggests that he believes there will be a season 5, and that it will also be "long".

And then he re-re-emphasised "many seasons" so he's probably suggesting season 6 or more.

Technically, he didn't give any details or confirm anything, but from where he's sitting MLP:FIM apparently looks very secure.

This is the best day of my life.
jbrwN8Bt23LO6l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom