• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzeon

Banned
Does anyone follow this FB page?

http://www.facebook.com/Real.Men.Watch.Ponies/posts/389554544430910

This kid seems like hes pretty crazy.

He is always posting these really deep and philosophical rants from the perspective of a delusional otaku.

He just seems REALLY into MLP, like, a religion or something.

I dunno, most of the time i just smh in wonderment at the shit this dude says.

He can feel however he wants, im not trying to be mean, but I really dont know what to think about his little speeches he posts all the time.

LuffyZoro

Cases that you can put on your iPhone and what-have-you.

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

Razek

Banned
Does anyone follow this FB page?

http://www.facebook.com/Real.Men.Watch.Ponies/posts/389554544430910

This kid seems like hes pretty crazy.

He is always posting these really deep and philosophical rants from the perspective of a delusional otaku.

He just seems REALLY into MLP, like, a religion or something.

I dunno, most of the time i just smh in wonderment at the shit this dude says.

He can feel however he wants, im not trying to be mean, but I really dont know what to think about his little speeches he posts all the time.

I'm not seeing anything too offending there. Do I still think he's way off base for many watchers? Sure, though I haven't seen any of his other rants. Seems more like hit mongering to me as he panders to the super fans. Once you find a voice where people are willing to listen, you speak that way even if you don't believe your own words.

The best thing about this show is that I no longer automatically think of the movies when I hear the word "twilight." I'm half serious.

McNum

The best thing about this show is that I no longer automatically think of the movies when I hear the word "twilight". I'm half serious.
"Twilight Sparkle"

Do you think of:
1. Teenage vampires that sparkle in the sun
2. A magical pony

I'm glad they did that, too.

This is the best gif in the history of pony kind.

Also, that is awesome news. Doesn't that basically confirm they are working on a full length season 4 now?

I'm kinda surprised no one's made a Cranky version considering he shares the same VA as Cartoon Bison. Though I suppose Discord does make more sense being a villain.

After all this good news, I'd like to share an excellent album by All Levels at Once. Seriously, just listen to some of it.

I was actually JUST going to mention this. I've been working Graveyard shifts all week, the huge upside being that we can listen to our own music, and listening to his album has been a real highlight of my nights. Very fun and unique takes on various songs

Very lovely and spot on. Too bad she's a total snob.

That is one of the best (and hottest) Human Twilights I've seen. Something about that ambiguous ethnic tan really works for her.

Well this is really nice to hear :D

Human ponies you say?

fe274af1.jpg

I don't think I've ever had as strong a "Not sure if want" feeling as I do seeing this picture.

Oh and cute new avy you're sporting Ruby.

LuffyZoro

I was actually JUST going to mention this. I've been working Graveyard shifts all week, the huge upside being that we can listen to our own music, and listening to his album has been a real highlight of my nights. Very fun and unique takes on various songs

I think my favorite is "Pony Should Pony Pony" or "Celestia's Faithful".

That is one of the best (and hottest) Human Twilights I've seen. Something about that ambiguous ethnic tan really works for her.

I know, right? I'm not a fan of the black interpretation of Twi, but this is good.

Razek

Banned
The best thing about this show is that I no longer automatically think of the movies when I hear the word "twilight." I'm half serious.

"Twilight Sparkle"

Do you think of:
1. Teenage vampires that sparkle in the sun
2. A magical pony

I'm glad they did that, too.

It happens on Gaf quite a bit for me when somebody is referencing the movies. It's always the pony when I hear the word now.

It's strange when it gets name dropped in the middle of a conversation. I trip up for a moment and have to figure out what they are really talking about. It feels weird having that hesitation of dual meanings for a word that never used to.

I think my favorite is "Pony Should Pony Pony" or "Celestia's Faithful".

Because I've got about 300 Pony songs on my MP3 player, and I have it set to shuffle, I haven't had a good listen to all the tracks. But I have to say I like Pony Pony, Changeling and Perfect Stallion the best.

It happens on Gaf quite a bit for me when somebody is referencing the movies. It's always the pony when I hear the word now.

It's strange when it gets name dropped in the middle of a conversation. I trip up for a moment and have to figure out what they are really talking about. It feels weird having that hesitation of dual meanings for a word that never used to.

Reminds me of this pic:

mPKyp.jpg

Also, in my OCD-fuled quest to go through all the images on Derpibooru (formerly Ponibooru) found these little things here.
o3Ss1.jpg

And I think this is actually a pretty awesome idea for an episode.:
8vC56.jpg

n8

Unconfirmed Member
What is pony music really? Besides the obvious like remixes or character driven songs, the rest seem like it could be anything.
Just music made by fandom? The only conclusion I can get out of it is as a label or tag, so it can only be reached by the right audience.

Opiate

What is pony music really? Besides the obvious like remixes or character driven songs, the rest seem like it could be anything.
Just music made by fandom? The only conclusion I can get out of it is as a label or tag, so it can only be reached by the right audience.

I would assume an aesthetic or style that musicians believe fans would appreciate. Given the age of "Bronies" -- I would guess most are geeky late 20s or early 30s -- retro style video game music seems appropriate.

LuffyZoro

There's a lot of music, especially instrumentals, that calls itself pony with no connection to the show. Given that there is "pony" music from literally every genre imaginable, there's really no qualifications.

$200

Banned
S1 rankings

---

S2 rankings

Family Appreciation Day: (0*1+0*2+0*3+0*4+5*5)/5 - 5.00
The Return of Harmony Part 2: (0*1+0*2+0*3+2*4+8*5)/10 - 4.80
The Last Roundup: (0*1+0*2+0*3+4*4+5*5)/9 - 4.56
Luna Eclipsed: (0*1+0*2+0*3+4*4+3*5)/7 - 4.43
The Return of Harmony Part 1: (0*1+0*2+0*3+7*4+5*5)/12 - 4.42
Sweet and Elite: (0*1+0*2+2*3+3*4+5*5)/10 - 4.30
Hearth's Warming Eve: (0*1+0*2+1*3+4*4+1*5)/6 - 4.00
May the Best Pet Win!: (0*1+0*2+4*3+2*4+3*5)/9 - 3.89
Lesson Zero: (1*1+1*2+0*3+2*4+3*5)/7 - 3.71
Secret of My Excess: (0*1+2*2+2*3+4*4+2*5)/10 - 3.60
Sisterhooves Social: (1*1+2*2+0*3+3*4+1*5)/7 - 3.14
Baby Cakes: (1*1+1*2+4*3+3*4+0*5)/9 - 3.00
The Mysterious Mare Do Well: (0*1+4*2+1*3+3*4+0*5)/8 - 2.88
The Cutie Pox: (0*1+2*2+4*3+1*4+0*5)/7 - 2.86

Razek

Banned
Looks like I have to break out this pic again...

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/b70b72d2083f847bcf7627baafd2845c/100337%20-%20artist%3Alovemimi%20bondage%20Clover_the_Clever%20Princess_Platinum%20rarity%20riding_crop%20twilight_sparkle.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm so well tuned to all of your antics I can scroll right past the nasty pictures. Go ahead, try posting computer photo editor Twilight and tweeted saddle Twilight too.

I'm on to you.

She's innocent and adorkable.

[B]That. Is. All.[/B]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/j7JRmYqOvdgcH.jpg

Bigger Zecora presence in S3? Niiiiice. Also a question, I've seen a lot of human-pony art that has certain members of the Mane 6 portrayed as darker skinned while the others are lighter skinned. I know trying to apply race to ponies is absolutely ridiculous but I just want to know everyone's take on art like that. Here's one for example:

iP5hE.jpg

LuffyZoro

Bigger Zecora presence in S3? Niiiiice. Also a question, I've seen a lot of anthro-pony art that has certain members of the Mane 6 portrayed as darker skinned while the others are lighter skinned. I know trying to apply race to ponies is absolutely ridiculous but I just want to know everyone's take on art like that. Here's one for example:

iP5hE.jpg

In my head:

Twilight - Ambiguously ethnic
Fluttershy & Rarity - Pale
Dash and AJ - Tan
Pinkie - I dunno, peachy

In my head:

Twilight: Ambiguously ethnic
Fluttershy & Rarity: Pale
Dash and AJ: Tan
Pinkie: I dunno, peachy

In my head it goes:

Twilight - Whatever floats your boat
Fluttershy - Caucasian
Rarity - Caucasian
Rainbow Dash - Caucasian or Hispanic
Pinkie Pie - Caucasian or Hispanic
Applejack - Caucasian
Zecora - Nigerian lol

I'm not really a big fan of humanizations since I kinda get the feeling that a lot of them are some kind of justification, or excuse (hard finding the right word) to feel attracted to the characters without them being... well, ponies, for understandable reasons. I may very well be wrong, but it's a feeling I've gotten when I've seen some humanized art. And while I do like my pony art cute and innocent, I can't deny that this

is pretty hot.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Bigger Zecora presence in S3? Niiiiice. Also a question, I've seen a lot of human-pony art that has certain members of the Mane 6 portrayed as darker skinned while the others are lighter skinned. I know trying to apply race to ponies is absolutely ridiculous but I just want to know everyone's take on art like that. Here's one for example:

iP5hE.jpg

Works for me.

It's clear the main six ponies were pretty much already the embodiment of diversity (all different different colored coats, equal split between the 3 pony types), so it's not at all a stretch when that same mindset is extended to "human pony" fan art . I enjoy seeing other people's re-interpretations, no matter what shade they're in.

What's really weird are the people who actually get put-off/disgusted at the sight of a dark-skinned version of a character. That's just kinda fucked up imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom