• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$200

Banned
twi.png

judhudson

So, apparently this will now be a thing you can buy at Toys 'r' Us, soon?

Originally found on a chinese auction website, where toy factory workers sell new toys "leaked" from the production lines, discarded prototypes and such. There is still a lot of discussion about its legitimacy.

qz8Ry.jpg

81ptt.jpg

You can actually buy it for $8 or so from this site (you pick Derpy after the order screen). http://item.buyfromtaobao.com/item.htm?id=12593852531

My friend ordered it and she's going to let me know how well it is when it comes in. I really would like to get this, but I can't do comb-able manes. But Derpy rocks.

They also have Lune and White Celestia

T2myapXa0XXXXXXXXX_!!39823502.jpg

T2tBNPXkFbXXXXXXXX_!!39823502.jpg

akira28

nice counterfeits. You know Celestia would be larger and more horselike, but kudos for the plastic factories to be on top of the brony market. I told you I knew a guy, but he's not the only one who will make toys to order by the pallet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah she was unless you got a good explanation for S1E3 where she gives Twilight only 2 tickets for her and 5 friends.

2nd ticket was intended for Spike, Twilight had just moved to town and Celestia had only passingly met her friends at that point and likely didn't know much about them.

Cheerilee

2nd ticket was intended for Spike, Twilight had just moved to town and Celestia had only passingly met her friends at that point and likely didn't know much about them.

You can't Batman Gambit Twilight into becoming best friends with the living embodiments of the Elements of Harmony without knowing a thing or two about all the players involved.

And she knew that they would later use those tickets to
wreck the Gala
, which was what she wanted. She also trolled Mrs Cake.

But that was all season 1. She hasn't done any trolling in season 2.

Cheerilee

So I was just watching "Bartok the Magnificent" (1999 direct-to-video prequel to 1997's theatrical "Anastasia" cartoon) and I think it's first five minutes smashed the "Trixie is a braggart" theory.

Bartok the Magnificent is a small bat who is a traveling performer, and he rolls his stage/cart/home into town and starts a show where he puts on some flashy tricks and claims his extravagantly-named stage persona to be a powerful slayer of monsters. After a number of tricks and bragging (and song and dance), a giant bear appears and threatens the audience, although Bartok defeats the bear handily using some rope (because the bear is his stage partner).

The Rarity-esque Regent finds his show annoying so she immediately tries to ruin it, but the Prince likes Bartok's act (with apparent full knowledge that it's an act) so he overrules her and tells her to STFU. Bartok gets paid by donation after the show.

Then the butthurt Regent has the Prince kidnapped and puts Bartok on the spot, claiming that a local monster took the Prince, and if Bartok's such a big hero, maybe he should just go defeat the monster.

Bartok can't say no, because there are two little kids present, and they believed his act, and he can't bring himself to tell them it wasn't real. So he agrees to go off on a hopeless suicide mission.

The rest of the movie is probably good post-Boast Busters Trixie-fanfic fodder.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So I was just watching "Bartok the Magnificent" (1999 direct-to-video prequel to 1997's theatrical "Anastasia" cartoon) and I think it's first five minutes smashed the "Trixie is a braggart" theory.

Bartok the Magnificent is a small bat who is a traveling performer, and he rolls his stage/cart/home into town and starts a show where he puts on some flashy tricks and claims his extravagantly-named stage persona to be a powerful slayer of monsters. After a number of tricks and bragging (and song and dance), a giant bear appears and threatens the audience, although Bartok defeats the bear handily using some rope (because the bear is his stage partner).

The Rarity-esque Regent finds his show annoying so she immediately tries to ruin it, but the Prince likes Bartok's act (with apparent full knowledge that it's an act) so he overrules her and tells her to STFU. Bartok gets paid by donation after the show.

Then the butthurt Regent has the Prince kidnapped and puts Bartok on the spot, claiming that a local monster took the Prince, and if Bartok's such a big hero, maybe he should just go defeat the monster.

Bartok can't say no, because there are two little kids present, and they believed his act, and he can't bring himself to tell them it wasn't real. So he agrees to go off on a hopeless suicide mission.

The rest of the movie is probably good post-Boast Busters Trixie-fanfic fodder.
Forester on suicide watch.

Xzeon

Banned
Ruby should be tagged as "Trixie is my waifu" lol.

lol infinite time loop, but it couldnt be broken or else it would make a paradox, but why did she go back in the first place? usually you go back in time and then accidentally replace the event, like if you went back in time and invented electricity instead of Ben Franklin, then you would be the NEW reason for the event but not the original reason, see, this ep ignored that to make an impossible circular loop in time. ALSO what the fuck is up with the all of a sudden "LOL WE GOT A PLACE THAT IS BASICALLY HELL WHERE WE IMPRISON ALL THE EVIL IN THE WORLD" like, WHAT holy shit that came out of nowhere.

also I went into Walmart and then inside the Mcdonalds inside Walmart, walked up to the counter and was like "GIMMIE DAT PONY GURL" and she was like "ABRAKADABRA MO FUGGA" and POOF all 8 ponies appear in my hand.

swag.

lol infinite time loop, but it couldnt be broken or else it would make a paradox, but why did she go back in the first place? usually you go back in time and then accidentally replace the event, like if you went back in time and invented electricity instead of Ben Franklin, then you would be the NEW reason for the event but not the original reason, see, this ep ignored that to make an impossible circular loop in time. ALSO what the fuck is up with the all of a sudden "LOL WE GOT A PLACE THAT IS BASICALLY HELL WHERE WE IMPRISON ALL THE EVIL IN THE WORLD" like, WHAT holy shit that came out of nowhere.

It's not an Infinite time loop, its a stable time loop, there is no alternate universe or w/e where a different series of events played it. This means there is no first time or last time she traveled back in time, just the one time with the one message. Kinda like in Gargoyles when the Magus saved his past self from dieing by traveling back in time, it makes no sense unless you accept the fact that it never did not happen(though it is still pretty confusing).

Theonik

It's not an Infinite time loop, its a stable time loop, there is no alternate universe or w/e where a different series of events played it. This means there is no first time or last time she traveled back in time, just the one time with the one message. Kinda like in Gargoyles when the Magus saved his past self from dieing by traveling back in time, it makes no sense unless you accept the fact that it never did not happen(though it is still pretty confusing).
But what triggered the original time travel displacement? Twilight didn't know where the spells were but her future self told her, and she wouldn't travel back in time unless her self warned her. The paradox here is that to trigger the loop, the loop needed to have happened at least once. Which implies that the events of this episode were those of the second run of the loop. This leaves 2 timelines, one with the original event that triggered the loop and another with the one we saw in this episode, which is a closed loop so only has 1 timeline.
This should be in the season 2 OT though...

Xzeon

Banned
there is no first time or last time she traveled back in time.

there is no original reason, for this time loop to make sense she would have had to replace one, but since there is no original reason she just goes back in time cuz she went back in time, its an impossible self fulfilling time loop.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You can't Batman Gambit Twilight into becoming best friends with the living embodiments of the Elements of Harmony without knowing a thing or two about all the players involved.

And she knew that they would later use those tickets to
wreck the Gala
, which was what she wanted. She also trolled Mrs Cake.

But that was all season 1. She hasn't done any trolling in season 2.

It was the 2nd episode. give her a break for not knowing everyone already.

And as for Mrs. Cake, there's a big difference between trolling and harmless pranks...

Orcastar

https://twitter.com/#!/tarastrong/status/178847581030449153

I think Tara is going insane hahahahaha.

She is just super infatuated with the pony fans... its amusing.
I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't told her to stop already. Then again she did take down that one Twilight pic, so maybe they have and she's just trying to see how much she can get away with? In any case, she is entertaining.

In other news, future filly Twilight shows us how to pull off bad-ass adorable:

Scirrocco

But what triggered the original time travel displacement? Twilight didn't know where the spells were but her future self told her, and she wouldn't travel back in time unless her self warned her. The paradox here is that to trigger the loop, the loop needed to have happened at least once. Which implies that the events of this episode were those of the second run of the loop. This leaves 2 timelines, one with the original event that triggered the loop and another with the one we saw in this episode, which is a closed loop so only has 1 timeline.
This should be in season 2 OT though...

Its a pre-destination paradox. The effect is its own cause. Twilight has always appeared to her younger self to warn her, meaning she always tries to prevent nothing, causing her to go back to try and prevent herself from worrying.

Don't think about it too much or you'll go cross eyed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
E3wU3.jpg

Ruby should be tagged as "Trixie is my waifu" lol.

Pony time is circular.

Theonik

This is strangely fitting
http://www.abload.de/img/3327680_13acb23c760a803kan.jpg

I have read it in her "never heard of you" voice though.
I see, I should have got it in the first place. >.>

Its a pre-destination paradox. The effect is its own cause. Twilight has always appeared to her younger self to warn her, meaning she always tries to prevent nothing, causing her to go back to try and prevent herself from worrying.

Don't think about it too much or you'll go cross eyed.
I guess it's not as bad as other similar paradoxes like "If I went to the past to make myself rich then I wouldn't need to go to the past to make myself rich and therefore wouldn't be rich loop" That loop would be incomplete and truly paradoxical. Likewise had Twilight successfully warned herself it would have cause another paradox. I really shouldn't think about it any more as it may lead me to end up like Twilight.
It makes no sense.
tumblr_lsp88ogQ9R1qeii6n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom