• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
Nah, some people are apparently creeped out by latex pony outfits, though.

It's hardly the worst thing that has graced these pages and I'm the sensitive one.

Well Naturally they nerfed Celestia to keep the game balanced.

That must be it!

Celestia is actually pretty awesome. She doesn't deserve the hate the tinfoilers that follow her every move, obsessively looking for mistakes, give her. She could pay Twilight a little more mind though.

I can't say those cutie marks fit the characters very well. How does a cut apple show carpentry? A bell works alright for singing I suppose. Scootaloo's should be a vehicle.

I must be dumb, who is the pony on the cloud?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
tumblr_m8075yJm6f1rxzaoho1_500.png

Silvawuff

I remember someone did a Season 2 comic con style poster with all of the characters, but I can't seem to find it again. Fail.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You sir have an absurd amount of resentment for Luna and AJ.

She won first, second and third place. Won't deny she could go for gold in spider throwing, but taking all three spots.. that's cheating.

And AJ being a cheater doesn't mean she's not a cool pony, and super-adorable.

Jintor

So my uni has a brony club

join/not join

either way I won't turn up for events. Everyone at the stall looked like first-years.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

join/not join

either way I won't turn up for events. Everyone at the stall looked like first-years.

Don't. Just don't.

Unless you want your email filled with letters starting with "HELLO EVERYPONY!"

join/not join

I joined a similar, though not through the college, club in my area, and to be honest, it has been rather nice. Mostly the web postings they do the 'everypoy' nonsense (which, as some may know when I was on IRC, I don't take kindly to.) Still, been ok, and excellent bleed over to my local Steetpass group.

Although when I was wearing my "yay" shirt today and left the mall, I got this random, non-group pony fan telling me to be 'louder'...I figured out halfway through the second demand to be louder, he was referring to the shirt...=p

Razek

Banned
I could never do this with other people.

Watching the show is definitely a 'me' time thing.

I think a lot of the magic would be lost with it. Everyone is looking for a different experience I suppose.

Gaf doesn't count. You're all just some more voices in my head.

Lurky

I could never do this with other people.

Watching the show is definitely a 'me' time thing.

I think a lot of the magic would be lost with it. Everyone is looking for a different experience I suppose.

Gaf doesn't count. You're all just some more voices in my head.

I am in your head all day err' day.

Cheerilee

I can't say those cutie marks fit the characters very well. How does a cut apple show carpentry? A bell works alright for singing I suppose. Scootaloo's should be a vehicle.
I don't think that carpentry/singing/athletics are going to be Apple Bloom/Sweetie Belle/Scootaloo's cutie marks. I think they could have been their cutie marks.

Standard book-logic for getting their cutie marks ASAP (the CMC's stated goal) would have been to focus on the things that they like and they're already good at, but the CMC did the opposite. They mixed things up and tried doing new things that they actually wanted to try.

Sweetie Belle actively did not want ponies making a big deal about her singing, it made her uncomfortable, so she instead chose to work with her hooves and try building things, and Apple Bloom taught her the importance of cleaning her brushes. Apple Bloom tried her hoof at dancing, and Scootaloo gave her some pointers. Scootaloo didn't want to dance, she wanted to sing, and Sweetie Bell helped her write the music/lyrics.

Instead of being shoehorned into the things they were good at, these ponies broadened their horizons and had fun getting better at things they were bad at. And they've continued doing that. By constantly trying and failing, they're putting off the onset of their cutie marks, and in this time, they've had the chance to grow and change, so maybe choices that were obvious before have become unclear.

IMO, the only cutie mark for the three of them to grow into -the one that represents what they enjoy and what they're good at- already exists, and it's the CMC logo. They could either get three matching ones, or slightly unique personalized ones. I think three matching is more appropriate. And yes, I know that matching cutie marks have apparently never happened in pony history. There's always a first time.

You sir have an absurd amount of resentment for Luna and AJ.
Nah, that was just the right amount.

Razek

Banned
I am in your head all day err' day.

I'll listen to you anytime!
640px-Twilight_wink_S2E14-W14.png

I don't think that carpentry/singing/athletics are going to be Apple Bloom/Sweetie Belle/Scootaloo's cutie marks. I think they could have been their cutie marks.

Standard book-logic for getting their cutie marks ASAP (the CMC's stated goal) would have been to focus on the things that they like and they're already good at, but the CMC did the opposite. They mixed things up and tried doing new things that they actually wanted to try.

Sweetie Belle actively did not want ponies making a big deal about her singing, it made her uncomfortable, so she instead chose to work with her hooves and try building things, and Apple Bloom taught her the importance of cleaning her brushes. Apple Bloom tried her hoof at dancing, and Scootaloo gave her some pointers. Scootaloo didn't want to dance, she wanted to sing, and Sweetie Bell helped her write the music/lyrics.

Instead of being shoehorned into the things they were good at, these ponies broadened their horizons and had fun getting better at things they were bad at. And they've continued doing that. By constantly trying and failing, they're putting off the onset of their cutie marks, and in this time, they've had the chance to grow and change, so maybe choices that were obvious before have become unclear.

IMO, the only cutie mark for the three of them to grow into -the one that represents what they enjoy and what they're good at- already exists, and it's the CMC logo. They could either get three matching ones, or slightly unique personalized ones. I think three matching is more appropriate. And yes, I know that matching cutie marks have apparently never happened in pony history. There's always a first time.

I had always assumed that cutie marks are something you are born into. A pony will always be the same in the end regardless of what they do with themselves. Twilight's was always to be amazing at magic the moment she was born. This was my assumption anyways.

Cheerilee

I just click on my subscription link once in a while.

This.

For any new members, click on "User CP" near the top of the page, then click "Edit Options" on the left side of the page. Scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change the pulldown to "No email notification".

If you do that, any thread you post in will be automatically subscribed. Any time you go into User CP, it'll show you which of your subscribed threads have new posts. Click on the orange NeoGAF ball instead of just clicking on the thread name, and it'll take you to your first unread post.

If you post in too many random threads you don't care to revisit, you can turn off the auto-subscribe and just subscribe to the threads you like manually ("Thread Tools" at the top of the page), but in any case you should probably still take advantage of thread subscriptions.

Razek

Banned
When I first saw Owls Well that Ends Well, for a moment, I seriously thought the rest of the episode was going to be about Scootaloo becoming Rainbow Dashes 'little sister' while asking Spike for tips the whole time.

AJSousuke

Man, this page was an adventure. You guys know how to party!

There should be more music posts in here, I think. Have some of my favorites.

Elements of Harmonics

Crush. Kill. Destroy. Swag.

Ultimate Metal Crusaders

Halloween in Ponyville

Diamond Dogs (Euro Dirt Vocal Mix)

My Fluttershy

downloading pone music right now :)

Edit:

OMG just heard "My Fluttershy" and "Let your mane down (by Replacer)" and I need more of this in my life!!!

Please, please, pleeeaaase post more music that sounds like those songs pleeeeease!!!!!

Silvawuff

There's a ridiculous amount of pony music out there, a lot of it amazing. I like NotACleverPony and PinkiePieSwear, but neither of them have made anything new in a while.

Razek

Banned
Not sure how I missed it. That ultimate metal crusaders remix is pretty awesome.

There's a ridiculous amount of pony music out there, a lot of it amazing. I like NotACleverPony and PinkiePieSwear, but neither of them have made anything new in a while.

I've always been a fan of the simple 8-bit fan renditions from all the shows songs.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Not sure how I missed it. That ultimate metal crusaders remix is pretty awesome.
Yeah, it sounds like an RPG battle theme.

Maybe I should check out some of this fan music afterall.

Kuugrr

downloading pone music right now :)

Edit:

OMG just heard "My Fluttershy" and "Let your mane down (by Replacer)" and I need more of this in my life!!!

Please, please, pleeeaaase post more music that sounds like those songs pleeeeease!!!!!

Hay, Miss Derpy

On a side note, I love that the fandom has gotten to the point of remixing each other's songs. I love different takes on things.

I've always been a fan of the simple 8-bit fan renditions from all the shows songs.

Me too! I also like when people do 8-bit songs in the style of certain games or traditional "roles" in games. Like this "boss fight" mix of This Day Aria.

Final Day Area

Razek

Banned
Hay, Miss Derpy

On a side note, I love that the fandom has gotten to the point of remixing each other's songs. I love different takes on things.

Me too! I also like when people do 8-bit songs in the style of certain games or traditional "roles" in games. Like this "boss fight" mix of This Day Aria.

Final Day Area

Wow, that is very well done. Sounds just like a boss fight while staying faithful to the original source.

That pixel rendition of Cadence also makes me think a GBA-like game with a pokemon style battle scene would be pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom