• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

0oBs6.jpg

Oh god it's the return of Hatpony :x

bak ;)

Razek

Banned
I wonder if they will ever actually address the death issue. They have already been pandering to the fans with other adult themes, why not go all the way and give us a tear-jerker.

I wonder if they will ever actually address the death issue. They have already been pandering to the fans with other adult themes, why not go all the way and give us a tear-jerker.

830px-This_One%27s_Too_Old_1_S2E17.png

(Also they have not been pandering with adult themes at all, or at least not enough since I can't think of any)

Razek

Banned
830px-This_One%27s_Too_Old_1_S2E17.png

(Also they have not been pandering with adult themes at all, or at least not enough since I can't think of any)

Whoa, how did I miss that? This is actually kind of a huge discovery for me.

Besides a very few isolated incidents in S1, S2 comparatively has way more adult themes going on. Specifically in S2 episodes Baby Cakes, The Last Roundup, and The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

there's adultery and death?

Mr Cake's awkward explanation for his children being Pegasus/Unicorn and flustered shifty eyes after making it.

See the screenshot above of a catholic priest pony (with a tobacco pipe cutie mark) speaking at a funeral (see the coffin), which Sweetie Belle proceeds to interrupt and mock the priest for being old.

Also, the funeral might be for cancer pony

G-Fex

Mr Cake's awkward explanation for his children being Pegasus/Unicorn and flustered shifty eyes after making it.

See the screenshot above of a catholic priest pony (with a tobacco pipe cutie mark) speaking at a funeral (see the coffin), which Sweetie Belle proceeds to interrupt and mock the priest for being old.

Also, the funeral might be for cancer pony

wow

Cheerilee

the what?

Seriously? Is that like a stargate but for ponies?

Derpygate is a play on the term "Watergate" (the scandal that brought down Nixon).

A minority of the fandom was upset with the fanon name "Derpy Hooves" because they thought it was offensive (some of them thought pretty much everything about Derpy was offensive) and an earlier episode had suggested that her name might be "Ditzy Doo".

Note: Jayson Thiessen said that Ditzy Doo was never her official name, she had a number of names behind the scenes, like Bubbles and Stoneface. When "Derpy Hooves" caught on with the fandom, it also caught on behind the scenes, so Jayson decided to adopt that as her official name.

In the episode "The Last Roundup" written by Amy Keating Rogers, AKR wrote a speaking role for Derpy, and had Rainbow Dash refer to her by name. Tabitha St. Germain provided Derpy's voice, and she sounded a little slow because Tabitha mistakenly thought Derpy was a boy.

About a dozen bronies wrote angry letters to AKR claiming that she was making fun of retards, which really upset her since her own son is retarded. They also wrote to Hasbro and complained.

Then Apple pulled the episode from iTunes. The Hub skipped airing a rerun of it. When the episode finally came back, Hasbro/DHX had straightened Derpy's eyes, redubbed her voice to make it generic, and redubbed Rainbow Dash's lines so she no longer specifies any name.

Hasbro was hit with a flood of angry feedback, but they decided to err on the side that cannot be accused of making fun of retarded people, so the censorship will stand.

There were also hints that Derpy was cut from several of her background appearances post-The Last Roundup.

And that's why Derpy is never going to get her own episode.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Why would anyone want an episode about a Pony the creators never wanted...

Exactly, I almost wish they didn't give her any sort of speaking role at all. She was fine as a background joke.

100% serious.

Content made by other adult male fans, for adult male fans without and content restrictions always logically appeals more than content for kids that is surprising decent despite my expectations.

It's the problem I always have with the "all ages" and "family" concepts that shackle high profile western animation. Content I enjoy in spite of being outside the demographic is okay, but not as good as content made for my demographic.

brian577

Banned
100% serious.

Content made by other adult male fans, for adult male fans without and content restrictions always logically appeals more than content for kids that is surprising decent despite my expectations.

It's the problem I always have with the "all ages" and "family" concepts that shackle high profile western animation. Content I enjoy in spite of being outside the demographic is okay, but not as good as content made for my demographic.

I was going to argue but I found this not 5 seconds ago,
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDdL4z5qfr4&
I take it all back. I will never doubt this fandom again

Of course. The show's "just fine".

Decent.

Better than watching a black screen for 30 minutes, I guess, if it's free.

The community aspect and the fanworks are great.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah i think most people enjoyed Derpy when she was the MLP equivalent of waldo.

It was more fun that way. It also would have been nice to make her a unique character if they were goign to give her speaking roles, instead of going with the fandom's "She's an idiot".

Lurky

It was more fun that way. It also would have been nice to make her a unique character if they were goign to give her speaking roles, instead of going with the fandom's "She's an idiot".

Maybe they should bring her back as some kind of clumsy scientist. Something that would explain the bubble cutie mark would be cool.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they should bring her back as some kind of clumsy scientist. Something that would explain the bubble cutie mark would be cool.

I'd lean more towards omniscient deity from the future sent back to ensure that Twilight's magic stays in check and that she does nothing to hamper the impending Equestrian Civil War, thus maintaining the space-time continuum.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
*above photo taken moments before pictured vehicle was rear-ended by a car sporting a Celestia "Problem?" hood decal.

Lurky

I'd lean more towards omniscient deity from the future sent back to ensure that Twilight's magic stays in check and that she does nothing to hamper the impending Equestrian Civil War, thus maintaining the space-time continuum.

You, my friend, need to become a writer.

Kazumi Evans should be the full time Rarity voice.

I would pretty much be okay with that.

I don't find this objectionable at all.

Yeah, ok.

I must be the only one who finds Rarity to have the most disparity in Speaking and Singing voices. Evans is a nice singer on her own, but she never actually sounds like Rarity to me as much as Pinkie's and Twilight's Singing voices do.

So I finally got a Pony poster posted in our local library. The librarian loved it and I visited today to get a picture of it on the door.

She says she's beengetting lots of positive comments about it. Mostly little girls going "Mommy! Look! My Little Pony!" But she still all the more happy to have it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming the amount of people buying her drinks randomly at conventions has gone up 100-fold since her army was first raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom