• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcastar

Oh man, I need those posters on the walls of my new apartment. I wonder if they'll ever show up over here. Probably not...

Anyway, I think this page needs some Nightmare Moon.

blamite

tumblr_m87xufT4Rz1rt0e6bo1_1280.jpg

Finished my thing for the second day of the EQD drawing thing. It was kind of a pain in the ass to do, but fun, and I can tell I'm beginning to get better at stuff. I'm putting these on my Tumblr, which I guess you can follow if you want? I don't know.

Xzeon

Banned
PixelFreePonyPosters.png

Official map!

1yawf.jpg

S2 cast Photo:

asayq.jpg

Applebloom wearing Luna's neck thingy.

I want the Pony Power display

I just watched the first two episodes. I don't know how I feel about it. I think I want to watch more.

good.

Can someone in US get those posters for me :(

if you pay for everything and tell me exactly how to send them to you and i can find em in my wallmart, sure i will.

i remember i was gonna send something to Buf and shipping was like 60 bucks.

$200

Banned
if you pay for everything and tell me exactly how to send them to you and i can find em in my wallmart, sure i will.

i remember i was gonna send something to Buf and shipping was like 60 bucks.
Perhaps you can save me one and send it to me when I move to your state in a few months, less trouble =)

Razek

Banned
sveet! and the first two suck compared to almost everything else in the series, so there's that with ya!

Jeez, this is the 'PC gamers rank series evolution' thread all over again...

Am I truly the only one that liked the adventure episodes more than most of the regular episodes in season 1? I don't get how they are so 'bad' compared to the rest.

I remember when I was thinking about giving the show a try, you guys said that episodes 1 and 2 were lame compared to the rest of the season. When I finally got around to it, during my first watch through, I was a bit disappointed there were not any more big adventures like them.

Also, I had always assumed that Celestia was put into some kind of prison or something during the whole NMM ordeal. The moment she is defeated her spell is broken and the magical prison is destroyed (even though the fan comic where she personally steps down to let Twilight handle it is a pretty cool explanation too).

Narag

I liked the adventure episodes in moderation and because they tend to build on the developed characterization from the slice of life episodes.

Silvawuff

I just watched the first two episodes. I don't know how I feel about it. I think I want to watch more.

The pilot doesn't do FiM justice. I suggest you keep watching (especially Applebuck Season and beyond) and you'll get a better idea of what the buzz is all about.

Razek

Banned
What's with the pilot hate? I liked them better than Ticketmaster, that's for sure.
Let us not forget such wonderful slice of life episodes like Over a Barrel. The first two episodes weren't the best thing ever but a consensus of 'bad' is just ridiculous.

LuffyZoro

If you would like to be involved in the process of voting for episode rankings, be in our IRC a little before 5:00 Eastern Time (about 1:30 from the time of this posting). Also, If you show up around half an hour early there will be an entertaining event that does not break any copyright laws.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
So is equestria the only part of the world they're ever planning to show?

This calls for a high seas sailing adventure.

I want pony pirates!

akira28

Shoobedoo... Shoop Shoo be doo? Why do we hate sea-ponies again?

(looks at map. Dragons originate from a far flung equator straddling continent across the ocean? 'Spike is black' suspicions confirmed.)

Kuugrr

Am I truly the only one that liked the adventure episodes more than most of the regular episodes in season 1? I don't get how they are so 'bad' compared to the rest.

I remember when I was thinking about giving the show a try, you guys said that episodes 1 and 2 were lame compared to the rest of the season. When I finally got around to it, during my first watch through, I was a bit disappointed there were not any more big adventures like them.

I'm not sure that disliking the pilot is the same as disliking "adventure episodes."

Personally, I just didn't like the first two episodes because they were the first thing I ever saw of the series. They felt like a confirmation that the show wasn't for me based on the writing style, the way characters are introduced as archetypes and roles rather than characters, and the need for a cheesy musical number. I was wrong in the long run, especially about that last bit, but I still sort of feel that way about the pilot. I just don't really like the way it introduces you to the world without giving any of the individual parts time to breathe.

It's not necessarily fair to dislike the pilot for doing the things a pilot has to do, but it's not even like I don't like the story it's telling. I just feel like season 1 gets better as it goes on, weak episodes notwithstanding, as the writers find their footing and start to give the show and its characters a unique voice.

What's with the pilot hate? I liked them better than Ticketmaster, that's for sure.

Funnily enough, I like Ticketmaster because it sort of feels like a second, more coherent pilot.

Razek

Banned
I'm not sure that disliking the pilot is the same as disliking "adventure episodes."

Just a quick label. I meant episode 1 and 2 or the 'pilots' if we want that term.

Kuugrr said:
Personally, I just didn't like the first two episodes because they were the first thing I ever saw of the series. They felt like a confirmation that the show wasn't for me based on the writing style, the way characters are introduced as archetypes and roles rather than characters, and the need for a cheesy musical number. I was wrong in the long run, especially about that last bit, but I still sort of feel that way about the pilot. I just don't really like the way it introduces you to the world without giving any of the individual parts time to breathe.

It's not necessarily fair to dislike the pilot for doing the things a pilot has to do, but it's not even like I don't like the story it's telling. I just feel like season 1 gets better as it goes on, weak episodes notwithstanding, as the writers find their footing and start to give the show and its characters a unique voice.

Funnily enough, I like Ticketmaster because it sort of feels like a second, more coherent pilot.

I guess the common themes that are present from other shows didn't really bother me. I was more impressed by the sound design and animation while soaking up the cuteness. Everything was given enough time to move fluidly instead of many of the later episodes which feel horrible rushed or given a dues ex type ending to quickly resolve them.

Edit:
Yeah, I dig pirate ponies!

$200

Banned
S1 rankings

---

S2 rankings

Family Appreciation Day: (0*1+0*2+0*3+0*4+5*5)/5 - 5.00
The Return of Harmony Part 2: (0*1+0*2+0*3+2*4+8*5)/10 - 4.80
The Last Roundup: (0*1+0*2+0*3+4*4+5*5)/9 - 4.56
Luna Eclipsed: (0*1+0*2+0*3+4*4+3*5)/7 - 4.43
The Return of Harmony Part 1: (0*1+0*2+0*3+7*4+5*5)/12 - 4.42
Sweet and Elite: (0*1+0*2+2*3+3*4+5*5)/10 - 4.30
Hearth's Warming Eve: (0*1+0*2+1*3+4*4+1*5)/6 - 4.00
Read It and Weep: (0*1+0*2+3*3+8*4+2*5)/13 - 3.92
May the Best Pet Win!: (0*1+0*2+4*3+2*4+3*5)/9 - 3.89
Lesson Zero: (1*1+1*2+0*3+2*4+3*5)/7 - 3.71
Secret of My Excess: (0*1+2*2+2*3+4*4+2*5)/10 - 3.60
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000: (0*1+0*2+6*3+5*4+1*5)/12 - 3.58
Sisterhooves Social: (1*1+2*2+0*3+3*4+1*5)/7 - 3.14
Baby Cakes: (1*1+1*2+4*3+3*4+0*5)/9 - 3.00
The Mysterious Mare Do Well: (0*1+4*2+1*3+3*4+0*5)/8 - 2.88
The Cutie Pox: (0*1+2*2+4*3+1*4+0*5)/7 - 2.86

Kuugrr

pirate pones

Who drew Twi and AJ? I like their style.

Just a quick label. I meant episode 1 and 2 or the 'pilots' if we want that term.

I guess the common themes that are present from other shows didn't really bother me. I was more impressed by the sound design and animation while soaking up the cuteness. Everything was given enough time to move fluidly instead of many of the later episodes which feel horrible rushed or given a dues ex type ending to quickly resolve them.

Yeah, the animation and stuff kept me watching it. It's been a really lovely show from the very beginning.

I kinda feel the opposite about the pacing and construction of the pilot in comparison to regular episodes, but I understand where you're coming from. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom