• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
Maybe that Gameloft project Hasbro announced will be a super-mega-special-awesome-high quality RPG!

It won't.

I should have never clicked that announcement thread, so many dreams dashed....

GET IT, DASHED! Itz funny cuz she is a low tier poni an ruins evriponis fun

LuffyZoro

I should have never clicked that announcement thread, so many dreams dashed....

GET IT, DASHED! Itz funny cuz she is a low tier poni an ruins evriponis fun

What were you saying?

Oh, and just to make this post a DrForrester goldmine, here's this.

LuffyZoro

Whoa. I didn't even notice until now, but that's the first non-pone pone on this page. Is that a record or what?

Well, Birdo quoted a dessert pony (that looks delicious). But probably, yeah. We just love our creepy sexualizations of underage horses from a tv show made for little girls here.

Razek

Banned
Well, Birdo quoted a dessert pony (that looks delicious). But probably, yeah. We just love our creepy sexualizations of underage horses from a tv show made for little girls here.

Naw. To classify for that they either have to be in a compromised position or have a breast size larger or equal to DD cup.

Human Dash is a pass.
approved.jpg

Kuugrr

We do? I don't know anything about that.

5a6dT.gif

Naw. To classify for that they either have to be in a compromised position or have a breast size larger or equal to DD cup.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Razek

Banned
How is Iron Will considered a villain? He did nothing morally wrong or criminal during the episode. In fact, he was the one that was extorted using a loophole.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How is Iron Will considered a villain? He did nothing morally wrong or criminal during the episode. In fact, he was the one that was extorted using a loophole.

He tried to make Fluttershy a meanie.

That reminds me, Angel should be with the villains too.

Kuugrr

I never noticed Time Cop Twilight down there near Doctor Whooves.

There's a lot of characters on there who aren't necessarily "villains."

The way I see it, this is a portrait of everyone who refused to bow to Tyrant Celestia's Harmony Police. FIGHT THE POWER!

It's probably just a poster of all the "antagonists," however loosely you can apply that to some of them.

That reminds me, Angel should be with the villains too.

Angel deserves his own poster entitled "Being a Jerk is Magic." Said poster should promptly be rolled up and burned upon receiving it.

Razek

Banned
Iron Will only let loose the demon that already existed and was building up inside or Fluttershy.

I can live with them being antagonistic devices though. I just noticed Cerberus is on there as well, which is really stretching it. If anything he's lawfully good. The most horrible thing he ever did was create a section of canon we will never see again. Luna best be on good behavior, the second strike sends you to Tartarus.

LuffyZoro

Iron Will only let loose the demon that already existed and was building up inside or Fluttershy.

I can live with them being antagonistic devices though. I just noticed Cerberus is on there as well, which is really stretching it. If anything he's lawfully good. The most horrible thing he ever did was create a section of canon we will never see again. Luna best be on good behavior, the second strike sends you to Tartarus.

What about the manticore? He was totally nice after the spike was removed from his paw.

McNum

Pug Cerberus is one of my favorite monster designs in the show. They take the big three-headed dog of Hades... and make it a pug. That's just adorable and creepy at the same time.

Razek

Banned
What about the manticore? He was totally nice after the spike was removed from his paw.

Hmmm, maybe the picture is deeper than I thought.

It doesn't come down to intent to harm. It's more harm caused willingly and unwillingly. The bushes in the foreground obviously cannot have intent besides defense.

I suppose Cerberus does fit then, he was big and scary so all those little ponies fled and had their day ruined, even if he just wanted to play.

Same with Iron Will, even if he committed no crime, he still was a causer.

I'm wasting my time.
That much thought wasn't put into it.
Some person picked them because they are big and scary.

GManDH

Just started an epic rewatch of MLP and ive fallen in love with the show all over again. ill post some memorable moments as they come up.

Cheerilee

We need a 2d 3DS rpg game stat!

3DS can't do 2D (as in sprites). Nintendo decided that those days are over and done. It can only fake 2D using texture-mapped polygons or cel-shading, which is harder and more expensive than basic polygons, and might not even reproduce the desired 2D effect properly.

3DS can't do 2D (as in sprites). Nintendo decided that those days are over and done. It can only fake 2D using texture-mapped polygons or cel-shading, which is harder and more expensive than basic polygons, and might not even reproduce the desired 2D effect properly.

Plan B: Make an offer to Telltale games.

Razek

Banned

Well that was a dumb decision. Did they really plan on making every developer using a 2D menu system to do it on planed polygons? Actually, I would also be alright with a Star Ocean 2 type system. Everything in 3D while they do the 2D character sprites as a camera facing flat plane with animated textures. Seems like it would be a lot of work depending on the textures opacity capabilities and swapping ability. May as well just use the DS hardware at that point.

I would compromise for making the characters in 3d, but now the whole point really has been lost.

Actually, I just want a good pony RPG.

LuffyZoro

Well that was a dumb decision. Did they really plan on making every developer using a 2D menu system to do it on planed polygons? Actually, I would also be alright with a Star Ocean 2 type system. Everything in 3D while they do the 2D character sprites as a camera facing flat plane with animated textures. Seems like it would be a lot of work depending on the textures opacity capabilities and swapping ability. May as well just use the DS hardware at that point.

I would compromise for making the characters in 3d, but now the whole point really has been lost.

Actually, I just want a good pony RPG.

There's a pony for that.

FoxSpirit

What the heck am I reading????

brian577

Banned
I'm assuming he's referring to the cost of expensive opacity and possibly animation/texture swapping.

No I suppose not. Squeaky belle isn't exactly a term of endearment though
:p

It's better than Sweetie
Poo
May Celestia have mercy on the soul who came up with that one.

Cheerilee

What the heck am I reading????

Perhaps if I rephrase it...

The 3DS can't do 2D visuals, it can fake 2D using texture mapped polygons designed to mimic a 2D effect (or various other techniques), but that's harder and more expensive than simply using a common 3D model made of texture mapped polygons that looks like a common 3D model seen in generic videogames that isn't designed to mimic any particular effect.

Or at least, that's what a 3DS developer was saying in one of the 2.5D 3DS game threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom