• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
In some (don't think all) cases they got some input. What type of pony, and colors.

That makes this tough besides the obvious ones. I'm still thinking on it. So far I know:

Belle Eve is given (top right)
Pandaman is the panda (top/mid left)
Owl is super easy
The white pony with the Black mane/Pink bow at the far far corner right is a posters avatar they have worn here for at least a year. They don't post in this thread. They have a sword CM.

I'm still thinking on others.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Any hints you guys could give me?

If you knew Hito's old avatar you'd ID his right away. To be honest a few of them would be given away based on old Avatars if the person posted regularly here. Cheezmo and Ookami Wolf would probably be quick ID's.

One hint for mine, it has nothing to do with MST3K or Sci-Fi.

Razek

Banned
Is buf's the brown/white ear tipped bearded one that looks sort of like viking in the middle?

And the similar one in the middle right?

Razek

Banned
Yep, those are both him.

I know he does music and draws (which I just found out now) so I figured from the cutie mark being a note and pen + the stash.

This is my first mostly blind guess: Is the pony in the lower middle slight left with the fishermans hat ahoyhoy?

Edit: Another. Mykes is the spiker haired one on the right because of the obvious cutie mark: a grey wolf.

LuffyZoro

I know he does music and draws (which I just found out now) so I figured from the cutie mark being a note and pen + the stash.

This is my first mostly blind guess: Is the pony in the lower middle slight left with the fishermans hat ahoyhoy?

Edit: Another. Mykes is the spiker haired one on the right because of the obvious cutie mark: a grey wolf.

Those are both wrong actually. :p

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not joking, if that's what you think. I'll tell you that ahoy isn't in there.

The birthing pangs of my OC were too pain-inducing for the collective creative minds of PonyGAF to handle in time for this wonderful group portrait, unfortunately

Silvawuff

Rainbow PJs? Pfft. I raise you a Twilight in PJs.

kSHWI.png

Razek

Banned
No I believe you Luffy. I was just disappointed, especially at my Myke guess.

Cad, is yours the one in the window?

Rainbow PJs? Pfft. I raise you a Twilight in PJs.

http://i.imgur.com/kSHWI.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Already got it covered last page :p

Razek

Banned
Foxix is the yellow brown on the very far middle right laughing because of Vinyls glasses. He always had vinyl as his avatar.

I assumed Cheezmo's and Okamis would be super simple but I just can't figure it out.

LuffyZoro

Alright, I have to go to sleep, but you can keep guessing and I can tell you right/wrong in the morning, or someone can fill in for me.

EDIT: Correct on Cheez, actually.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Foxix is the yellow brown on the very far middle right laughing because of Vinyls glasses. He always had vinyl as his avatar.

I assumed Cheezmo's and Okamis would be super simple but I just can't figure it out.

The Cutie Mark gives them both away. Okami's is more obvious though.

Razek

Banned
^
WTH?

More guesses:

Cad is either the Masked pony (middle left) OR the green pony (bottom Right)
Hito is the space ranger??? (bottom left)
Luffy is the window?

Edit: I feel bad not realizing yours earlier Doc. I forgot about 'best race'.

Razek

Banned
I think I hit all the ones I'm going to get then without cheating. Any obvious ones you remember you want to give away or have any last hints you want to give?

The one that's bugging me the most is the green pony. I swear I have seen that cutie mark before and it's killing me.

Cad could also be the spiky middle one with the super dark goku hair.

Orcs the pink flying one because twilight is pink??

Yeah, I'm just dumb guessing now.

Razek

Banned
Guessing games, huh?

Nope, that's Chuck (he doesn't post here much).

However, since you already figured out buf, figuring out me and Myke should be easy since the three of us make up Manestream Games.

Wait, so you guys all know each-other IRL?

Edit: Got lost reading the website, and obviously you guys are the three ponies with the beers in the middle. I assume your the back one because Mike is the grey one?

Orcastar

Wait, so you guys all know each-other IRL?

Edit: Got lost reading the website, and obviously you guys are the three ponies with the beers in the middle. I assume your the back one because Mike is the grey one?

Nah, we just met through the PonyGAF IRC and decided to try and make a pony game, that's all. Never met each other IRL.

And yup, that's correct.

Razek

Banned
And wow Orc and Co. This demo is really impressive. You guys still working on the game? Did any of you have prior experience programming?

Orcastar

And wow Orc and Co. This demo is really impressive. You guys still working on the game? Did any of you have prior experience programming?

Thanks!

We are still working on it, though progress has been very slow lately due to IRL reasons... And no, we didn't have any experience with game development when starting this. Myke's doing all the programming anyway. Meanwhile buf is in charge of music and most of the graphics while I'm in charge of story and dialogue.

Razek

Banned
Thanks!

We are still working on it, though progress has been very slow lately due to IRL reasons... And no, we didn't have any experience with game development when starting this. Myke's doing all the programming anyway. Meanwhile buf is in charge of music and most of the graphics while I'm in charge of story and dialogue.

I've done quite a bit of game design over the years. I'll be honest, seeing many collaboration projects I was expecting something much less polished going in. The fluidity and general pleasing nature of everything including the animation was quite a surprise. Moving around is easy and snappy. Sound/Music design is good and varied while staying faithful to the show. Your HUD is mostly simple to understand, it didn't take me too long to figure things out. The writing was funny and enjoyable; I read every character in their voice. I very much enjoyed solving the puzzle, and I hate adventure games! You've done some great work. Again, I'm very impressed.

The only thing I really didn't enjoy so much were the default reading voices. Just personal preference of course. I had enough of issun in Okami, I didn't need a repeat with Sweetie Belle. Luckily, you guys were kind enough to give a VO volume bar. Way to go!

When/if you guys start active development up again, I'd like to donate something for your hard work. I can't offer much, but I think you guys deserve the price of a game at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom