• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
spoilers. you were going to say you're not a fan of spoilers, right? Because I'm not a fan of spoilers, too.

Are you being serious? I can remove it if you think I should.

Well, whether it's Pony fans who hate the idea of Doctor Who tainting MLP or Who fans with the idea of Pony tainting Doctor Who (yeah, they're out there), I don't think I'd win either way.

Still, like I said, I find the whole Doctor Whooves phenomena very comparable to Spider-ham only it's not quite as canon. I'd agree, I think a little mini-series, or even just a quick little reference in an actual Doctor Who story, though the former would certainly be a great business opportunity.

I would assume the bolded would be more common haha, but I'd be for it. He seems like quite the popular character. Just as long as they don't do anything with the derpy shipping, that needs to stop.

AJSousuke

bronibooru, you never fail me

big_sister_best_friend_forever_by_gardelius-d5datv8.png

Orcastar

Related to that, here's Hasbro's 2013 licensing information.

pjUro.png

I guess Europe doesn't exist for Hasbro... Would explain why it seems like ponies are being phased out in most supermarkets where they used to sell them here. Which is especially weird when you consider the fact that the series just started showing on TV this month.

Cheerilee

I wanted to know the reference they talked about above, so I went internet detective and in the end stumbled upon the archive of all the cartchlight comics. They are indeed pretty good.

Luffy made a Gravity Falls reference (if I'm not mistaken).

Xzeon said that there's a different reference in that art.

I indicated that I got Luffy's Gravity Falls reference (unless I'm mistaken), and can confirm that Gravity Falls is indeed a great show. A more than worthy distraction for PonyGAF while we wait for our half-sized season 3.

Razek

Banned
So, here is a question that I hopefully won't get exiled for. What's the quote from the threads OT name from? I could never come up with the part it's said, or by who.

Lurky

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been keeping with the thread. Just a little bit busy/lazy recently. Okay, I'll see you all again in another two weeks.

Razek

Banned
Derpy said it in her speaking debut. After nearly killing Rainbow Dash.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC2EMUuQmTY#t=15s

Derpy's first words in 'The Last Roundup'.

The particular scene can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC2EMUuQmTY

Thanks guys. I feel a bit ashamed I couldn't figure this out all this time. Hearing RD say "Derpy" in show still kind of gives me the quivers. It's fine when we all say it, but it's like saying an internet meme IRL to people. So awkward.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been keeping with the thread. Just a little bit busy/lazy recently. Okay, I'll see you all again in another two weeks.

You're funny.

"Hmmm, wonder what's up with Lurky?"
*Shows up moments after thought both times.
"Ah, indeed."

I can summon you.

Lurky

You're funny.

"Hmmm, wonder what's up with Lurky?"
*Shows up moments after thought both times.
"Ah, indeed."

I can summon you.

You've caught me. I exist only in your head. I am a figment of your imagination. I am YOU!
I lurk within you.

Razek

Banned
You've caught me. I exist only in your head. I am a figment of your imagination. I am YOU!
I lurk within you.

Haha, I like this. Now I have Xzeon and Lurky inside my head. I wonder who else is made up? Maybe this whole thread!

Seeing your avatar in this made it for me.

I need to make a confession, sirens scare me. I think it's because nothing good ever comes from them, and Silent Hill. I kind of just realized this from this video haha.

Lurky

Haha, I like this. Now I have Xzeon and Lurky inside my head. I wonder who else is made up? Maybe this whole thread!

What if like... the entire world was like made up? Or maybe we are all in your head but your head was really inside someone else's head that was in a mcdonalds within another mcdonalds within a taco bell that's inside your head!

Razek

Banned
What if like... the entire world was like made up? Or maybe we are all in your head but your head was really inside someone else's head that was in a mcdonalds within another mcdonalds within a taco bell that's inside your head!

I hope they choose a better eating establishment next time. I went to McDonalds today. I don't think I'm going back for a while. There was a hair in my chicken McNuggets. :(

Actually, this could make for an interesting thought intertwined with the show. Technically the characters don't exist. In a sense though, that is only limited to a 'physical form'. The 'idea' of Equestria, its home planet, and the universe it resides does exist, just on another sense. Multiple humans see them, does this add validity to them existing? When it all comes down to it, reality is just one big semantics argument anyways, and at the end we are all just dust.

Just because we're in your head, doesn't mean we're not real.

Does that mean my Twilight I talk to is real too!?

I guess the background of this DVD cover pretty much confirms those leaked images are real (ignore the odd appearance of the mane 6 since the leaked songs confirmed their appearance won't change)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/09/3rd-shout-factory-dvd-announced.html#idc-cover

What is going on with Twilight's
mane? Crazy looking indeed.

Lurky

I hope they choose a better eating establishment next time. I went to McDonalds today. I don't think I'm going back for a while. There was a hair in my chicken McNuggets. :(

Actually, this could make for an interesting thought intertwined with the show. Technically the characters don't exist. In a sense though, that is only limited to a 'physical form'. The 'idea' of Equestria, its home planet, and the universe it resides does exist, just on another sense. Multiple humans see them, does this add validity to them existing? When it all comes down to it, reality is just one big semantics argument anyways, and at the end we are all just dust.

Are you telling me that we're all just dust in the wind?

blamite

brian577

Banned
The eye thing is weird. I get that some of them have the pointy eye sparkles because some of the new toys do, but why be so inconsistent about it?

They couldn't even get Applejack's bridesmaid dress right on the DVD cover. It' doesn't surprise me at all.

p1hri.png

81eTVvLvlKL._AA1500_.jpg

Razek

Banned
Are you telling me that we're all just dust in the wind?

Nothing really matters at the end of it all, especially with heat death insuring every single string in the universe is denounced to the same thing. Thought and matter will combine into nothingness. It won't be Kansas!

Edit: Filly Apples:
5813545358eb2cd759a434e4fe99ff33.jpg

Ok, this trend in fanfics annoys me. Usually, a princess will want to be more casual with a pony, and will ask them to call them Celestia or Luna. And every. single. time they do this, the pony slips on the first try. "Yes, your maj-err, Celestia." Is it so hard to think the request through and obey it the first time?

Ok, this trend in fanfics annoys me. Usually, a princess will want to be more casual with a pony, and will ask them to call them Celestia or Luna. And every. single. time they do this, the pony slips on the first try. "Yes, your maj-err, Celestia." Is it so hard to think the request through and obey it the first time?

It's an overused joke in every circumstance where there's a royalty figure.

I doubt MLP fanfics have a monopoly on it.

Orcastar

Yeah, that joke is made every time in every story in every medium ever when a person who is usually addressed by their title asks someone to address them by their first name.

I really hope that after the Royal Wedding encore this Saturday that they announce the start of Season 3. I can't function properly without new pony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom